What's new

China to lend Cambodia $195m to buy its helicopters

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
China to lend Cambodia $195m to buy its helicopters

China has agreed to lend $US195 million to Cambodia so it can buy Chinese military helicopters.

It is the latest deal in a flurry of trade and investment between the two countries.

The loan would be for an undisclosed number of Chinese-built Zhi-9 (Z-9) utility helicopters, according to official documents seen by Reuters, which covered some 29 agreements signed on Saturday by the two countries.

The Z-9 is a license-built version of the French-made Eurocopter AS 365 Dauphin II first used in the 1980s. Much of Cambodia's military equipment is outdated and in need of repair, with only a few helicopters currently in use.

Cambodian defence ministry spokesman Chhum Sucheat could not confirm how many helicopters would be purchased or when they would be delivered.

China last year donated more than 250 jeeps, trucks and ambulances to Cambodia's army after the United States cancelled plans to provide it with 200 vehicles, in response to the government sending 20 ethnic minority Uighur asylum-seekers back to China in 2009.

As well as government-to-government loans, Chinese firms' Cambodian investments are mainly in construction, agriculture, mining and energy.

Chinese companies last year pledged to invest $8 billion in 360 projects in the impoverished South East Asian country in the first seven months of this year, almost as much as the country's annual gross domestic product.

Among the deals agreed at the weekend was for China's Huawei technologies to help cellphone operator CamGSM to build Cambodia's first satellite.

ABC Radio Australia News:Stories:China to lend Cambodia $195m to buy its helicopters

It's wonderful as well as funny.

If numbers of helicopters is to be kept secret, so could have been the amount.

In any case, something is better than nothing.

How about Sri Lanka? They also need free helicopters .... no?
Anyway, even if they don't need, free gifts should always be welcome.

I will leave the part of speculating on the interest rate applicable to USD 195 million "loan" to the optimistic people.

this trick is obsolete, it invented by the yanks, they lend nazi germany US dollar before WW2 for the germans buy yankees stuff, to boost yankees economy, the wealth on paper become the profit of local business owner and salary of the workers. now my country is playing this trick to all poor developing countries on this planet ...

this trick is obsolete, it invented by the yanks, they lend nazi germany US dollar before WW2 for the germans buy yankees stuff, to boost yankees economy, the wealth on paper become the profit of local business owner and salary of the workers. now my country is playing this trick to all poor developing countries on this planet ...

All "poor developing counties on this planet" seem to be really keen to be tricked.

I think only a stupid "poor developing country" will refuse free helicopters .. or what not.

Totally agree with Lankan Ranger's views on another thread:

We are using India for our benefits; I don’t need to talk about other countries

India builds railway lines, a commercial port, soon a commercial airport, highways & even hospitals & schools in Sri Lanka, I think already the bill cost New Delhi about $3 Billion.

We are already benefiting from India directly & indirectly……….

Need to mention Indian Navy security for Sri Lankan ships near Gulf (Free of Charge)

I think we are benefiting from India then any other South Asian Country….

Now only we need tell India, Come on India give us a $1 Billion annual Aid package

Show you finance power India...... :kiss3:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/125570-india-chinas-backyard-part-ii-2.html

All "poor developing counties on this planet" seem to be really keen to be tricked.

I think only a stupid "poor developing country" will refuse free helicopters .. or what not.

Totally agree with Lankan Ranger's views on another thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/125570-india-chinas-backyard-part-ii-2.html
Yeah, same tricks were played by Japan when they entered into Chinese market and offered ODA (official development assist) to China.
Those loans are all interest-driven and can be a win-win trick.

this is very funny for me as an economist.

this relationship that china lends money to cambodia so that cambodia can buy chinese helicopters is the exact same relationship between china and the US.

china lends their savings to US and sends chinese goods to the US so that US consumers can use borrowed chinese savings to buy chinese goods.

this is very funny for me as an economist.
this relationship that china lends money to cambodia so that cambodia can buy Chinese helicopters is the exact same relationship between china and the US.
China lends their savings to US and sends Chinese goods to the US so that US consumers can use borrowed Chinese savings to buy Chinese goods.

So what is the problem here if you send in money and ask them to buy their goods, its from economic preview is an excellent marketing, profitable and an excellent practice.

Look at US and the marketing of weapons to arab nations or even hindustan.

China gives them loans to buy their wares. And then thereafter they will hook on chinese wares and supplies.

Back
Top Bottom