What's new

China to invest $50bn in Pakistan by 2017

There is NO such thing as 0 corruption, EVER. But if the 80-90% gets down to the public, the country's bound to become an economic hub, no doubt about it. This is true globally, whether UK, France or anyone else.
well, potians think there is such thing as 0 corruption. You have to speak their language to make them understand.

ANother point, sometimes you've to make a point. What do you want me to say, 10% corruption? 20%? hard to count how much corruption there is. 0 means there is very little hypothetically

The short answer is yes, if people like IK and Mullah's can let the democratic system run, Pakistan can absorb 250 Billion investment in three years. It can bring out top notch energy, educational, healthcare and transportation infrastructure linking China to the Ocean (and then the Central Russian States as a Phase II). Plus it can expand its Textile industry tremendously with the already approved GSP plus designation.

Pakistanis need to learn that the democracy is what will actually take their country forward (and the proof if just around the corner in about 3 years, there will be 10 million jobs created with these projects at all levels. management, hi-tech, engineering, low tech, small businesses and all).

I feel like you may be confusing the 'need for the money' for the ability to absorb it. There is no doubt that $50B is going to be very welcome, but what remains to be seen is whether it'll actually materialise.

Chinese investors to invest $50bn in Punjab

News from 2010.

well, potians think there is such thing as 0 corruption. You have to speak their language to make them understand.

ANother point, sometimes you've to make a point. What do you want me to say, 10% corruption? 20%? hard to count how much corruption there is. 0 means there is very little hypothetically

I understand. Good point. But these people don't know it because they've never actually done work at this level. Its a brain washed dance team supported by lying, propaganda and a false sense of real life experience. There is a language in every industry, medical, economics, politics, science, and all. IK doesn't know any of them and uses cricket terms like a cheesy corrupted player in everything. It's sad to see how people don't see his language and style to see he is NOT a politician, nor can he become one ever.

I feel like you may be confusing the 'need for the money' for the ability to absorb it. There is no doubt that $50B is going to be very welcome, but what remains to be seen is whether it'll actually materialise.

News from 2010.
Yes, some won't be materialized properly. But even if $5 billion is given, some of it still won't materialize. That's how world works =[

Even if you give US 50 billion, they won't materilise fully. Now it's different how much US and Pak will materilliase respectively.

I understand. Good point. But these people don't know it because they've never actually done work at this level. Its a brain washed dance team supported by lying, propaganda and a false sense of real life experience. There is a language in every industry, medical, economics, politics, science, and all. IK doesn't know any of them and uses cricket terms like a cheesy corrupted player in everything. It's sad to see how people don't see his language and style to see he is NOT a politician, nor can he become one ever.
You've different way of talking to people, I've different.

First, I refuse to talk to walls. Second, I talk to sheeps with easy English/math/reason.

Yes, some won't be materialized properly. But even if $5 billion is given, some of it still won't materialize. That's how world works =[
Even if you give US 50 billion, they won't materilise fully. Now it's different how much US and Pak will materilliase respectively.

That's what I meant, I'm willing to bet that $50B is the money China is willing to commit. It'll be up to the Pakistanis to find places for the money to go. Easier said than done let me assure you.

News from 2010.

I don't know what your point is, can you make it clearly so its clear? Need for money means "people" need it. When a country gets it, it goes into projects. So what need to materialize where? lol. Make your point concisely so we can understand.

Just in the power generation sector, the Chinese are investing in about 6 large coal based power plants. Then there are 8 massive hydro power projects and 4-6 medium ones, then there are two LARGE nuclear energy plants.....this right here is work already IN progress with over 30 billion investment and loans.

Then there is the Silk corridor linking Ocean to the Chinese side with highway, then rail and gas pipeline. That itself will take many, many billions of dollars. Then there is investments around Telecom, High Speed Data, Healthcare, Education and a bunch of other things including JV's between the militaries. What isn't justifying the $ 50 billion investment?

Overall, when the Chinese president comes in, the total investment would've reached over 100 BILLION since the start of this government 15 months ago. The 50 billion you read about, is the SECOND round of investments set to come in, it'll complete projects from FY 2015 till 2017.

I don't have much time on my hands. Mention the norwegian and tell him these are investments, not loans.

yes these are not loans but then neither they are aid

does anyone invest withour returns ?

does anyone invest for free ?

I don't know what your point is, can you make it clearly so its clear? Need for money means "people" need it. When a country gets it, it goes into projects. So what need to materialize where? lol. Make your point concisely so we can understand.

Just in the power generation sector, the Chinese are investing in about 6 large coal based power plants. Then there are 8 massive hydro power projects and 4-6 medium ones, then there are two LARGE nuclear energy plants.....this right here is work already IN progress with over 30 billion investment and loans.

Then there is the Silk corridor linking Ocean to the Chinese side with highway, then rail and gas pipeline. That itself will take many, many billions of dollars. Then there is investments around Telecom, High Speed Data, Healthcare, Education and a bunch of other things including JV's between the militaries. What isn't justifying the $ 50 billion investment?

Overall, when the Chinese president comes in, the total investment would've reached over 100 BILLION since the start of this government 15 months ago. The 50 billion you read about, is the SECOND round of investments set to come in, it'll complete projects from FY 2015 till 2017.

Please read my post quoting @WishLivePak

:)

Also, you don't honestly think there's been over a $100B in Chinese investment in Pakistan in 15 months do you? Considering the total FDI in Pakistan in August was $24M?

Please read my post quoting @WishLivePak

:)

Also, you don't honestly think there's been over a $100B in Chinese investment in Pakistan in 15 months do you? Considering the total FDI in Pakistan in August was $24M?

You are not listening man, there was the first 30 billion sent in direct loans, machinery and labor about a year ago, when many projects initially started. Then, this is a preparation for the Fiscal Year starting 2015. The $ 50 billion you are talking about, is for next year to fund these massive projects.
This money isn't listed in FDI, there is a different arrangement with the Chinese. They include machinery, architecture and some of their labor in such investments. The rest is sent to Pakistan for payment of local labor and business payments in installments. They are very strict on getting the work done, the payment is issued in chunks when a previous phase of a project is completed and has delivered per the expectations. This is not like told times, let's ship money over worth billions of the Pakistanis can do corruption. Now the money comes in per progress. No progress made in the previous phase means no money for the next phase.

Along with Chinese investments, Pakistan should learn another important lesson from China. Economy first, democracy later. Never mind about rigged elections. No one respects a noble and ethical beggar, whether India or Pakistan.

Could you tell me how the accounting is done for Chinese investments in Pakistan?

I want you to "re-read" my post three times and take deep breathes like Yoga between each reading. Then look away and think what you read. THEN you'll find the truth and the answer, its in the post. Then you write me a response instead of being trigger happy response like a 12 year old child.

china-to-invest-50bn-in-uplift-projects-by-2017-1410459419-1767.jpg

ISLAMABAD: China intends to invest as many as $50 billion by 2017 in various sectors of Pakistan’s economy, particularly in energy sector to help the country overcome power crisis and help sustainable economic growth, President Pak-China Joint Chamber of Commerce and Industry Shah Faisal Afridi said.
“China has planned to replicate the model of Shanghai Free Trade Zone (SFTZ) by investing $50 billion into a number of projects including coal, solar and wind energy till 2017 under Early Harvest Programme,” Faisal said.
These projects would enable Gawadar to create a nexus between Pakistan, Iran, China and Central Asian States that would ultimately generate billions of dollars in revenues along with huge job opportunities in the region.
Afridi said that SFTZ is a perfect model to be implemented at Gwadar, asserting, the SFTZ was first used as a testing ground for a number of economic sectors.
The zone, he said, incorporated numerous relaxations in different sectors, under the FTZ’s new capital registration system, foreign investors were no longer required to contribute 15 percent capital within three months and full capital within two years of the establishment of a foreign invested enterprise (FIE).
Meanwhile, official sources said that in addition to invest in power projects, China was also interested in already working in various projects of motorways and railways.
On energy front, Pakistan has been already working to generate about 10400 megawatt electricity with the help of Chinese investment and several projects were already underway to overcome energy crisis.
Beijing has designated three banks including Exim Bank that will provide loans to Chinese companies for investment in power, railway and transport sectors in Pakistan.
Federal government has given advertisements for investment in Gaddani power projects and a competitive bidding process will be initiated for upcoming power plants.
The successful bidders would have to show project feasibility reports to Chinese banks to qualify for the loans, sources said adding Pakistan government would not give any sovereign guarantees to Chinese investors who would install power plants in public-private partnership mode.
China was quite cognizant on the energy problems of Pakistan and that is why it has agreed to invest $34 billion in the energy sector of the country, which is highest Chinese investment in any country.
The Chinese investment would include several projects in Sindh province including transmission of electricity from Thar to Jamshoro after setting up Mitiari transmission line.
In addition imported coal would be utilized in power plants in coastal areas whereas local coal would be utilized for running power plants in Punjab province.
Sources said that vast coal reserves were available in Thar, however due to some quality issues coal would be imported for independent power producers.
For this purpose coal would be imported from South Africa, New Zealand and Indonesia.

China to invest $50bn in uplift projects by 2017
more bs news as usual…

Does Pakistan genuinely have the capacity to absorb such high capital infusions in such a short period of time. I sincerely doubt that India does.
Naah, India can absorb it ,at the beginning of 2014 there were projects worth 15lac crore($250billion) waiting for ''clearence'' eithe from MoEF or some other clearences . And with many more proposed and some of them stuck because of lack of Investment. Now with investment flowing in ,and with few banking rules that has been eased few months ago,those projects would get a boost.but still as per the original plan another $750billion is required.

Back
Top Bottom