What's new

China to Invest $2.5 Billion into IP pipeline.

T-Faz

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Secretary Ministry of Petroleum Kamran Lashari said that letter of sovereign guarantee was sent to Iran to finalise the process of Pak-Iran gas pipeline and after due reply from Iran a final agreement will be signed in April in France.

Taking to DawnNews, Lashari said that after this agreement the two countries would not be able to withdraw from the project.

He said there is no pressure from the United States on IP gas project.

Lashari said that Pakistan is in negotiations with China for the availability of technical equipment for laying the pipeline.

However, official sources also confirmed that China is interested to invest to initially $2.5 billion to this project.

China is also interested in gas pipeline extension to its territory and a Sino delegation would visit Pakistan during the second week of April, said sources.

Gas Sales Purchase Agreement already finalised between Pakistan and Iran will provide 750 million cubic feet of gas to Pakistan per day for the next 25 years. — DawnNews

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | No US pressure regarding IP gas pipeline project: Lashari

I thought they were not interested in the pipeline.

Thats the news of the month :yahoo::Yahoo: :yahoo:

Great news, i am disappointed for another agreement due to be signed............ i wonder why the list of disagreements not coming to its end.

But very happy to see China is willing to collaborate in this project so in another words i won't be hearing the news like the project is being delayed due to lack of funds in the future :yahoo:

2010 has just started and we have around $70 billion coming in for investment.

Hellz yeah.

how this investment would be beneficial for china..

Gas energy is very important to china, and this kind of pipeline can provide stable gas from iran to china. And the most important thing is bcoz the pipleline is in pakistan, so our leader can sleep well every night.:D We believe our best friend.

Last edited:
if this pipeline is to be extended to china how can the link be made without India...
because at no point china pakistan boundary meet...
any development in Kashmir shall neither be allowed by Indian Govt. nor would be carried out by china...

Pakistan is just a excuse they are the real user. The tiny amount of gas will be used by the Pakistan and the rest will go to China.

Justin Joseph

Any credible evidence to support the ridiculous statement of yours?

Pakistan is now hungry for energy, and definitely this gas has a purpose in Pakistan, if not why was this pipeline created?

Please, use a bit of common before trolling like that.

Justin Joseph

Any credible evidence to support the ridiculous statement of yours?

Pakistan is now hungry for energy, and definitely this gas has a purpose in Pakistan, if not why was this pipeline created?

Please, use a bit of common before trolling like that.

Just look below my previous post that u are quoting. "chinapakistan" is saying the same thing, so do u need any proof.

How can a reasonable person bash one poster and ignore other when they both are saying the same thing?

But you have ignored his post and attacked mine shows your intentions just to troll.

Just look below my previous post that u are quoting. "chinapakistan" is saying the same thing, so do u need any proof.

How can a reasonable person bash one poster and ignore other when they both are saying the same thing?

But you have ignored his post and attacked mine shows your intentions just to troll.

:blink: Below is your post, I never said pakistan will not use the gas or just use you so-called tiny amount. I just said it will provide stable gas to china, and of course pakistan aslo use it. Dont try to twist my post. :lol:

Pakistan is just a excuse they are the real user. The tiny amount of gas will be used by the Pakistan and the rest will go to China.

Sir, both countries need gas true! But your claim that all the gas will go to China, and little will go to Pakistan is really BS. That's why now I am asking you to prove it with credible sources, can you?

By chinapakistan
Below is your post, I never said pakistan will not use the gas or just use you so-called tiny amount. I just said it will provide stable gas from to china, and of course pakistan aslo use it. Dont try to twist my post.

And wait look, chinapakistan, is also disagreeing with your post and agreeing with mine, what now?I am troll?

Very sneaky of you to twist your posts.

I think India might just give in to this pipeline owing its needs and the costs of other options available to it.

It will bring peace and much needed stability to South Asia.

Back
Top Bottom