What's new

China To Create 3 “Green Economic Belts” In BRI Countries Including Pakistan

Yah.. in vedic years... i know that :partay:

And how does this one effect the ground water table ?
Neem powered plasma rifles :D

Neem expels mosquitos? Need to grow some of those around the village.
Many mosquito lotions put neem scent to increase effect
In villages people rub its leaves on their arms to repel mosquitoes

Neem really is the best choice for our region
https://www.nap.edu/read/1924/chapter/6

@django @PakSword @BHarwana @RealNapster @Mentee

It was banned a few years back, gov even uprooted many grown trees. It was THAT bad. It sucks up surface water, leaves the area around it dry and unsuitable for any vegetation, do not helps bring ground water up etc etc!

This is the poplar we need to grow (we already have this in some places, mainly planted on the boundaries of fields)
Lombardy_Poplar_350_THUMB.jpg

The advantage this have over our own native plants/trees @Zibago is that it is fast growing. These are essentially commercial plantations.
Plants like neem, kikar and borh were the dominant species in our region centuries ago they will prevent water logging and invasive insects
Btw have you ever sat down under a borh tree in a village past mid might?
Shit looks scary as hell

Chinas-belt_meitu_1.jpg

Who will tell me first? What has happened to our Hainan Province, Taiwan Province, Xinjiang autonomous region and Xizang autonomous region?

Plants like neem, kikar and borh were the dominant species in our region centuries ago they will prevent water logging and invasive insects
Btw have you ever sat down under a borh tree in a village past mid might?
Shit looks scary as hell
True! They were the best one, excellent ecological benefits, great wood!! Unfortunately we cut them down without planting replacement and now we are at a point where we need tress that can grow quickly. Tali, Keekar, Bor need multiple decades to fully mature. I hope we can plan to mix these (for long term future) with plants that grow quickly (for short term).

Borh, yup, we have one in our office and sometime when we have to stay late night for some shipment going out we sit there. Scary for sure. Neem etc i have slept under when visiting my village, that is cool though!

I heard that this safaida is really good for areas with damp and swamp issues.
True. The sad part is it, it is good to line canal banks. However this was the first place the rooted these out once it was banned :D
Jahaan faida thaa wahan sa ukhaar dea! lolz

It was banned a few years back, gov even uprooted many grown trees. It was THAT bad. It sucks up surface water, leaves the area around it dry and unsuitable for any vegetation, do not helps bring ground water up etc etc!

This is the poplar we need to grow (we already have this in some places, mainly planted on the boundaries of fields)
Lombardy_Poplar_350_THUMB.jpg

The advantage this have over our own native plants/trees @Zibago is that it is fast growing. These are essentially commercial plantations.

A few different trees are called "safaeda" ( any tree with a smooth white trunk is pretty much called Safaeda) in local vernaculars. Which Tree was banned specifically. and which government ( provincial , federal or municipal )banned it?

Neem and vicks smell leaf tree are the two known.

"vicks smell" is eucalyptus.

Any broad leaf tree will use a substantial amount of water. the only trees that use less water are trees like Junipers or pine ( trees with needle leafs )

A few different trees are called "safaeda" ( any tree with a smooth white trunk is pretty much called Safaeda) in local vernaculars. Which Tree was banned specifically. and which government ( provincial , federal or municipal )banned it?
5 species of Eucalyptus were introduced in Pakistan with River Red gum and blue gum being prominent.
Were banned by all 4 provincial governments and is discouraged as it have negative effect of surface vegetation, ground water table, soil etc.

Back
Top Bottom