What's new

China to boost pay for PLA forces by 40% this year, the pay rise narrows the wage gap between civil servants and military officers

That's actually pretty decent, of course not for big cities like Beijing. If you include the perks, I would say a colonel gets 3k,free health for life, pensions, education etc. Don't forget we are not US, we have a huge army too.

If you include the new salary, it's more like 4k usd now.

I just find a bit mind-boggling that a colonel also has to work like 3-4 months to afford a square meter of apartment in Beijing. A colonel is a pretty powerful and influential position in most countries, typically in charge of a brigade (>1000 troops).

Unless they have additional undeclared sources of income...

I just find a bit mind-boggling that a colonel also has to work like 3-4 months to afford a square meter of apartment in Beijing. A colonel is a pretty powerful and influential position in most countries, typically in charge of a brigade (>1000 troops).

You can't compare to US payscale, there is corruption but you need understand Chinese numbers, its not Singapore size. In Singapore, once your epf is gone, you are baducally toasted. China has got lifelong pension, you won't survive in Shanghai or Beijing, and when soldiers stay in those cities they have barracks, well majority of Chinese soldiers won't be in tier 1 cities anyway.

You can't compare to US payscale, there is corruption but you need understand Chinese numbers, its not Singapore size. In Singapore, once your epf is gone, you are baducally toasted. China has got lifelong pension, you won't survive in Shanghai or Beijing, and when soldiers stay in those cities they have barracks, well majority of Chinese soldiers won't be in tier 1 cities anyway.

I'm not even comparing to Singapore or the US.

In Singapore, even a cadet trainee can make more than that if you have a degree.

1611417529269.png

In the US, a corporal makes more than that amount as well.

Last edited:
But the army already enjoy almost everything for free in China, they don't get much pay but they get the most governments benefits, free housing, free quality healthcare, full pension... they can even go to a park for free and many restaurants offer half the price for them. you can't not compare the pay from a civil servant to a military guy, a civil servant gets more money but they also pay more.

You are so NARROW + SHORT sighted.

And, probably u still carry those disease of ( ”崇美” + ”跪美” )
and u are a too COWARD and too GUTLESS Chinese in
fighting & attacking the Undisputed Snakes Murican.

Same to you 3 as well >>> @ this whitey whiteman worshipper PDF Chinese members
Chinese Mousy guy @52051 ,, @scherz ,, @shi12jun

Honestly, I have NEVER seen any of you attacked the Global Criminal
Undisputed SNAKES Murican.

NOTE:
Btw, frankly, ... I have been behaving and look much more
PATRIOTIC * HAN 中国人 ... than all 3 of you ( @52051 ,, @scherz ,, @shi12jun )
who almost never post to defend PRC CHN and . attack the Undisputed SNAKES Murican.

===

All PLA soldiers, especially those on the border & high conflicts areas are
required and will sacrifice their Lives & Souls any minute for the benefit
of PRC CHN.

OTOH, PRC civil servants not so much, when the war against Undisputed Snakes Murican happens, many PRC civil servants can shelter inside the Nuclear caves networks.

===

UPDATE:

The Western Fake Freedom & Backward DemoCrazy governments * ( 5 eyes nations )
have proven to FAIL ... time and time again.

~ update: ... ... Meanwhile, on the Land of the very STUPID n DESTRUCTIVE Freedom,

... ... As of this minute, the Murican USA already has 424,445 COVID deaths and the death numbers are growing astronomically every day.

The undeniable Scientific fact has shown that the COVID viruses were originated
and fabricated in Fort Derrick Lab, Maryland, USA on APR 2018.

ProoF: ~ Go read the LANCET & NATURE journal.

===

also important ... at the same time ...

14 miilions MURICAN has been LAID--Off and totally unemployed and
living on social welfare paid and financed by those stupid Chinese Immigrants.

Last edited:
A colonel in Beijing makes only $2K currently?
Free housing, free education for children's. Heavy subsidized for alot of expenses and even car. Mostly free medical fee even for family members. Do Singapore military offer this?

haha CCP is terrified. Attempts to bribe the military will come at the expense of the masses especially those hundreds of millions of already angry migrant workers. A few million highly paid fascist thieving career soldiers (like the traitors who destroyed China in the first place) will eventually confront and be destroyed by 277 million enraged poor migrant workers (who get armed by the CIA). bye bye China. Chinese in Vancouver, Toronto, San Francisco will also been seen as the enemy.

Last edited:
Intersting. Before this pay increase both indian army colonels and chinese army colonels are paid the same salary roughly.

And yea indian military gets free medical costs, heavily subsidzed very nice school education ( by indian standards) for thier children, subsidized car and house loans and free housing where possible etc.

I have a uncle having this rank, No one knows in the family how much he really makes, they always gets some bonus money under different categories so official pay doesn't mean much to them.

A retired PLA BG (Da Xiao) relative of mine gets about 2k USD pension each month. But they have free healthcare, free housing...etc.

Last edited:
Those working in the PLA ecosystem who have demonstrated to be able
to INNOVATE and in the Small & Big way are most definitely deserved to have
their monthly salaries increased and set 130% higher than the
regular pedestrians PRC civil servants.

Those PRC civil servants who are involved in * POVERTY ALLEVIATION
projects, and plus those PRC civil servants ... who are involved in
Cutting Edge Sciences & Tech, such as Quantum & AI & Drones
deserved to have their monthly salaries increased and set 130% higher
than the regular pedestrians PRC civil servants.

===

Those working in the PLA ecosystem such as ( Prof MA WEI MING,
Master Director YANG WEI, and other PLA ecosystem
innovative weapons Chief designers ) deserved to have
their monthly salaries increased and set 500% higher than the
regular pedestrians PRC civil servants.

The Chief designers in the PLA ecosystem such as ( Prof MA WEI MING,
Master Director YANG WEI, and other PLA ecosystem
innovative weapons Chief designers ) and their teams members who
have demonstrated and proven to be INNOVATIVE must be paid
much higher than 180,000 RMB per month.

===

All those regular pedestrians PRC civil servants need to STOP
their poisonous JEALOUSY and stop having NARROW
and SHALLOW minded mindsets.

These regular pedestrians PRC civil servants and must find
solutions to increase the PRC CHN economic pies by cutting waste and
/ or innovative ways to perform their work to increase
the PRC CHN economic pies.

If not, these regular pedestrians PRC civil servants who are working
as Zombies ... need and must be FIRED and LAID--Off.

Intersting. Before this pay increase both indian army colonels and chinese army colonels are paid the same salary roughly.

And yea indian military gets free medical costs, heavily subsidzed very nice school education ( by indian standards) for thier children, subsidized car and house loans and free housing where possible etc.
If so Indian officers are way overpaid, Chinese PLA always focus on equality, it's communist army principle, the income gap was never made too big between soliders and officers.
Mao had the highest monthly salary in China at ¥404.8/Month, average worker's monthly income was¥40/Month. that was the highest gap it can be in China back then, now things changed but in PLA very little changed since Mao's time, PLA is still hardcore communist troops.

Last edited:
PLA has tradition of equality among officers and soldiers. I have relative who are officer in PLA.

Singapore military is a shytty caste system army and cesspool of excessive hierarchy and privilege, in favor of officer.

In PLA, only officers at Brigade (formerly) division HQ enjoy somehow more comfort and privileges due to nature of their work and seniority.

In war, The highest casualty in PLA are in the CO (company commander level) and platoon officer level. PLA officer are expect to lead in front.

PLA officers DONT have their own canteen. They eat with soldiers. All Singapore junior officers eat good food at their own canteen.

PLA officer at platoon level sleep in the close to soldiers. In Singapore, even junior officer sleep in very comfortable bunk far far away.

In Singapore, even a cadet trainee can make more than that if you have a degree.

View attachment 709734

If so Indian officers are way overpaid, Chinese PLA always focus on equality, it's communist army principle, the income gap was never made too big between soliders and officers.
Mao had the highest monthly salary in China at ¥404.8/Month, average worker's monthly income was¥40/Month. that was the highest gap it can be in China back then, now things changed but in PLA very little changed since Mao's time, PLA is still hardcore communist troops.

Last edited:
My relatives who was a former PLA BG and some PLA I get know to so is incredibly "brainwash". They are not afraid to die for their country. They are extremely discipline even in day to day moral values. They are extremely honest. (Certainly there are a few bad people such as Xu Caihou and Guo Boxiong).

I credit that to the high standard of discipline of PLA officer corp.

If the officer is not of high calibre, how can the companies and companies of rifleman stand and fight in suicide mission to their death, in Korea War?

When I read PLA history, I can only amazed by their bravery and sacrifice, almost equivalent to Jihadist but without the crackpot and evilness of jihadist.

View attachment 709734

Different per capita income mate. Singapore is a tiny island with high per capita income. US has the power to print dollars to subsidise a few hundred billion military budget. To me 3000 usd$ pay is relatively good for China. I am quite shocked that you can even compare the budget of China with US or even Sg.

More shocking is Singapore is only paying 2k sing for a level lieutenant? That's pretty low mate considering you can't even afford a hdb with that pay.

It means bribery.

A truly professional military do not have 'bonus' pay. You can get supplemental pay such as for housing cost in unique economic areas like NYC or SanFran, but once you get a different assignment elsewhere, you lose that assistance. Other supplemental pay are for combat, hazardous duties such as Explosive Disposal, or flight pay which mean monthly proficiency rating. All of these MUST be public information so it is no secret that how much anyone at any rank is paid in the US military. There is no 'bonus' pay.

Your uncle is receiving bribes and he ain't gonna say shit about how much. :lol:

Let's hope they atleast stop crying now

chinese-soldiers-crying-jpg.jpg

It is not just about low pay that contributes to most, not merely much, of the corruption in the PLA.

It is about how the military is structured in relation to the government. The PLA is subordinate to the Party, not the government, so if the Party is corrupt, inevitably, the military will also be corrupt. If Party officials are corrupt, so will the generals and admirals be corrupt.

Those who have never served do not understand how this act...

"The practice of buying and selling military positions and ranks has a long history...
Paying bribes to more senior officers for promotions seems to be commonplace.
One journalist purportedly seeking admission to the PLA for their son was quoted a price of 80-90,000 Yuan (about USD 16,000), although the amount would vary considerably depending on a family’s connections."

...Is THE worst thing you can do to the military. I said 'to', not 'for'.

In any military, the commissioned officers corps is supposed to be the 'brains' or theoretical source for the military about everything, from doctrines to culture to war fighting methodologies. Then the non-commissioned officers (NCO) corps is akin to the spine and nervous system of the body. The NCOs are the executors of orders from above. The NCOs knows the ins and outs of the military at every level about everything. To use popular vernacular, the unit's highest level NCO knows where 'all the bodies are buried'.

The financial bargaining of ranks puts personal greed over institutional needs and jeopardizes the military's war fighting capabilities regarding those theories and executions. The effects are %99.999 (five-nines) quickly entrenched as each individual immediately take steps towards self protection because each knows what was done was wrong. What happens is much of their time is spent on cultivating a network of similarly minded individuals for mutual protection (first), financial gains (second), and last comes military issues. Each who-benefited-whom relationship became a double edged sword for both sides as each can hold the other hostage. The inevitable result is that in the military, technical capabilities suffers as incompetent officers and NCOs rises thru the ranks in their careers, as with each rank comes increased capabilities for self protection instead of military related thinking.

What Xi is doing is noble and necessary, but if people thinks that the positive effects are immediate, they are wrong. Unknown wealth have been offshored. Officers who are removed because they proved to be corrupt and incompetent? What about their seconds? How morally straight and competent are these seconds? Remove them as well? Now who runs unit?

Those who were purged in Xi's anti-corruption drives?

"In January 2015, Chinese authorities announced that over 4,000 senior officers at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or higher– including 82 generals–had been investigated, of whom 242 faced punishment ranging from a reprimand to imprisonment..."

They were EXPENDABLES. Those that remained are just as guilty but their positions and shield of personal networks made them necessary (not indispensable) for now. If Xi is brutal about reforms, the first and second ranks of the PLA leadership would be gone in a month. Xi is being kind and everyone knows it.

Here is the typical USAF wing-king bios...

Now imagine someone running the wing, not merely the base, who has 1/3 of colonel Rowe's experience. 1/3 of his education and for a flying/training wing 1/3 of his flight hours.

Back
Top Bottom