What's new

CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY

i've met some very well- educated well- connected people who have converted.

just face the fact, some chinese are hungry for GOD.

If England could cut its link with the catholics, China indeed can do that as well. That pope had reached too far into England's internal matter and got his axx kicked.

China should do that same to let the old fool to learn the lesson all over again.

How about China getting their hands off Church's matters? How is religion state's matter?

I agree pope should not interfere, but I also do not support China's policies.

except the pope has no power in foreign countries anymore.

The Popes power was the roman way of keeping an empire.

stereotype much???? I'm not even Cristian and i remember my brother gave away a whole block of Cadbury chocolate because we are caught by surprise by some kid .........some1 actually celebrate halloween here in Australia. Luckily that was the only incident. Note to self....stock up candies during Halloween season

Christmas isnt so much a religious holiday anymore

Note to self and anonymous123:stock up on eggs;)

They can read their bibles and pray to GOD. However, they should not even think about anything that challenges the government. Any groups that have link with foreign governments or christian organizations even by names should take their hands off anything that even remotely look like challenging government. Otherwise, you will only have them to have their freedom taken away.

Historically, christianity indeed has done far more damage to China and caused millions of Chinese killed in the past 160 years. Several examples: two opium wars, taiping rebellion, boxer rebellion and etc.

So you cannot say China government has no ground to be suspicious related to christianity.

Not sure what radical Christians today you are talking about that might rise up.

Maybe you are talking about these Christians?
Chinese+Christians.jpg

chinachristian.jpg

chinese-christians-praying.jpg

chinese-house-church-EVICTION.jpg

They can read their bibles and pray to GOD. However, they should not even think about anything that challenges the government. Any groups that have link with foreign governments or christian organizations even by names should take their hands off anything that even remotely look like challenging government. Otherwise, you will only have them to have their freedom taken away.

Historically, christianity indeed has done far more damage to China and caused millions of Chinese killed in the past 160 years. Several examples: two opium wars, taiping rebellion, boxer rebellion and etc.

So you cannot say China government has no ground to be suspicious related to christianity.

100% agree religion should stay out of your goverment as for the wars i think christians have grown up since those days hopefully in China aswell.

That old guy indeed has quite some power. Remember how communist government in poland got overturned and then such effect domino-ed to all other eastern European countries???

Even old history, remember how the past old fool incited his followers to have crusades/robbed innocent people in mid-east and caused millions of death???

except the pope has no power in foreign countries anymore.

The Popes power was the roman way of keeping an empire.

100% agree religion should stay out of your goverment as for the wars i think christians have grown up since those days hopefully in China aswell.

Well, China government will not tolerate any religion that has any intention, at now or in remote future, to challenge its power. Indeed, it has the power to put down any attempt to do so. In addition, China will not care about whatever everybody else think. It will simply to tell those foreign-want-to-be interventionists to fxxk off.

Most important, common people will support government on this matter. We have seen far more damages by religion-incited rebellions/unrest in the past.

I live around in a grad complex. lots of chinese, saudis, indians, basically everybody from all over the world here to pay large money to get an education from canada.

what i've seen over the years...

most new christian converts are chinese

chinese will celebrate christmass

in north america we celebrate a festival call halloween...kids and some grown up dress up as monsters, superheroes, whatever fit their fancy and go knocking on neighborhoods doors for candies.

anyways all the muslims kids stay home, every chinese kids is out celebrating the "westerns" hollidays...funny thing is that all chinese parents take thier kids go out to get candies...after giving out candies I take my kids out so their can get their treats and not one chinese house give out candies... hahahhaha cheap as f ^&&. every year my lady and I joke that we might find one chinese household giving out candies.

even with hollidays like christmass, their always events and festival going on and chinese students and their family will attend while almost everybody else from other parts of the world stay away

So Most Fanatical Neo-Converts are Chinese?

I thought they were Indians.

So Most Fanatical Neo-Converts are Chinese?

I thought they were Indians.

No they're definitely Chinese. See, we Chinese people have a bad habit. We like taking things to the extreme. Not as bad as Koreans but pretty bad. The Cultural Revolution was China's most democratic time in history. It turned out bad. Deng went in the opposite direction just as hard. The end result was our technology got trashed and replaced by Western imports which had their supply cut off in a few years. Despite Jiang being the 3rd most corrupt politician in history (after Zardari and Sonia Gandhi) at least he wasn't an extremist.

celebrating x-mas and halloween is not the same as being christian bro.

and i guess those dumbass fobs convert because:
1. they need the support of some social group.
2. they don't know anything about theology and haven't read the piece of crap that is the bible.

there are CSSAs (Chinese Scholars and Students Association) on every campus in the world outside of China and Singapore. My dad participated in one during his postdoc in US. He played basketball with them but was no match for 25 year olds at age 40.

However, he did notice that christian missionaries take specific effort to target CSSA groups. They would hand out free bibles along with food and talk about how god is all powerful, loves us all, and wants us to worship him.

Being trained as an engineer, he asked the christian missionaries, "if god is so powerful, why does he care if we worship him?" and they could say nothing.

So, what will happen if China becomes the largest Christian state? I think the possibility of that happening is quite real. This is how South Korea became Christian.

Not necessarily dumb, just indoctrinated from childhood and ignorant towards more logical alternative explanations for the world around them.

That's why people once thought Zeus wrath was directly responsible for every lightning bolt in the sky, because they were not aware of the naturalistic explanation yet.

Current religions have just been shaped (by men) over thousands of years to seem more compelling (be it through threats of punishment, offer of rewards or tricks of language), but they still lack any supporting evidence or inherent rationality,
just like Zeus and the thousands of other gods many people once believed in that have now become mythology..

God and logic don't come in single sentence. if you speak about God then there's no logic in it and if you speak about logic then there's no God in it. Its just a huge superstition.

Back
Top Bottom