What's new

China: The New Superpower?

LOL why are they getting this Korean guy "Kim Jin-guk" to narrate the beginning?

As for the topic, no China is not a superpower. And we have constantly stated over and over again that we do NOT seek global or regional hegemony in any way shape or form.

Hu Jintao: China still largest developing country in world - Xinhua

We are still a developing country, and will stay that way for a long time yet.

Thanks for a wonderful documentary. China may be a superpower, but not a hyper power.

Unless China develops a good GDP per capita and tries to be as creative as the US, they might not become a true super power.

LOL why are they getting this Korean guy "Kim Jin-guk" to narrate the beginning?

As for the topic, no China is not a superpower. And we have constantly stated over and over again that we do NOT seek global or regional hegemony in any way shape or form.

Your honesty is respected, but that is exactly what the US should to say before WW2. You will be dragged into global politics by force.

Unless China develops a good GDP per capita and tries to be as creative as the US, they might not become a true super power.

We don't seek to be a superpower (i.e. to have global hegemony). Hell we don't even seek regional hegemony.

This same official statement (that we does not seek global/regional hegemony) has been made so many times over the past 10 years that I have no idea why people are still talking about it as if we're trying to become a superpower.

We're trying to become a developed country, that's it.

Dude, thats probably just a gimmick ! China has increased in leaps & bounds - I wish...I so wish we had learned from the Chinese as one of our great poets once remarked :

China is our friend
May our lives be sacrificed for the Chinese (metaphorically an expression of love in Urdu poetry)
But the System they have in place - Don't even think of going near it
Wave it goodbye from afar
100 million assses (donkeys) called the Nation (citizens)
How can they be their own leaders ? *An allusion to the constant military takeovers & feudalism in our society*

(It was a Sarcastic Poem & the Poet was a Marxist-Lennist called Habib Jalib)

And so I think China might not be hegemonic but its a Great Power nonetheless !

Dude, thats probably just a gimmick ! China has increased in leaps & bounds - I wish...I so wish we had learned from the Chinese as one of our great poets once remarked :

China is our friend
May our lives be sacrificed for the Chinese (metaphorically an expression of love in Urdu poetry)
How can they be their own leaders ? *An allusion to the constant military takeovers & feudalism in our society*

Quite right. They have created a nation state. And I think you would really disagree with me on how to create a nation state, so lets leave it at that.

Do watch Piers Morgan's program on Shanghai it tells a lot about where China is headed.

Lastly, Habib Jalib's each word stands true.

Realistically speaking, the age of Global Hegemons (i.e. Superpowers) is over.

Even the USA which has more military projection capability than the rest of the world put together, still there are countries from all over the world willing to p*ss them off just because they can.

Now imagine one day if China has a GDP of $30 trillion (more than double the current US economy). Do you think countries like France, Nicaragua, Venezuela etc. are just going to bow down to us? Kowtow to our GDP? No way, not even if we had a fleet of 30 super-carriers.

The new multi-polar world is rising. Good riddance to the uni-polar world of "Pax Americana".

Realistically speaking, the age of Global Hegemons (i.e. Superpowers) is over.

Even the USA which has more military projection capability than the rest of the world put together, still there are countries from all over the world willing to p*ss them off just because they can.

Now imagine one day if China has a GDP of $30 trillion (more than double the current US economy). Do you think countries like France, Nicaragua, Venezuela etc. are just going to bow down to us? Kowtow to our GDP? No way, not even if we had a fleet of 30 super-carriers.

The new multi-polar world is rising.

At one point you say that the age of superpowers is over and then you predict a multi polar world.

There would always be superpowers both economically and militarily.

US is a hyper power that controls the world. China will have to step in once its GDP per capita is better.

At one point you say that the age of superpowers is over and then you predict a multi polar world.

The existence of superpowers indicates either a uni-polar (US in the current world) or bi-polar (US-Soviet in the Cold war) world.

A multi-polar world consists of many great powers but no one superpower or hyperpower. No global hegemons.

There would always be superpowers both economically and militarily.

China will have to step in once its GDP per capita is better.

Says who? Why should we should become the next Global policeman, "America f*ck yeah"?

No way. That is nothing more than a nightmare.

The existence of superpowers indicates either a uni-polar (US in the current world) or bi-polar (US-Soviet in the Cold war) world.

A multi-polar world consists of many great powers but no one superpower or hyperpower.

Well there can be more than ones super powers. Soviet and Britain, Soviet and US. So, they will have their own playgrounds to play with.

Well there can be more than ones super powers. Soviet and Britain, Soviet and US. So, they will have their own playgrounds to play with.

Yes, either uni-polar (like America currently) or bi-polar (US-Soviet during the Cold War).

What we're looking for is a multi-polar world. A world with many great powers but no superpowers.

Realistically though Chinese-Dragon, I think the world is heading in a bi-polar direction, with US and China as the two poles. It could have been more multi-polar, but the EU is simply not cohesive enough to act in one direction, and India is increasingly failing to live up to its "potential". Of course, it could still feel like the US is "primus inters pares", simply because they will always be a more interventionist, "world-police" type power than China will ever be.

Of course, it could still feel like the US is "primus inters pares", simply because they will always be a more interventionist, "world-police" type power than China will ever be.

True enough.

If we ever became anything like the current American "World Police" then that would be my worst nightmare.

And that is essentially what a superpower is: A global hegemon, a world policeman. That's why I don't want us to ever become a superpower, meddling all over the world like the USA does.

China is our friend

halal or jhatka?

Us-Air-Power-AMERICA-F-YEAH.jpg

LargeThumbnail.jpg

------------------------

Who wants to be a superpower (i.e. a global policeman)?

The word itself makes me sick. :sick:

What the Hell is the point of hating America if you want to BECOME America?

Back
Top Bottom