Reaction score
China Tests HQ-2 Surface-to-air missiles

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

Sir
Where is the missile that was intercepted ???

I am not able to see them in any of the pics :coffee:

^^^^ If you look them again so both are looking similar and in different direction

Why not just visit the link I provided? There are more pics there which are not posted here. In case you are thinking I made the claim up well I didn't that is what the blog title said.

It's more likely a training exercise involving HQ series or S-300. Notice that the two missiles in flight are different.(now this part is my speculation)

A SAM is much more difficult to intercept than an aircraft because of its small body, high velocity, changing acceleration, centripetal forces of its spin, and changing direction.

In short words, good job.

Now we need to intercept a missile in the class of the HQ-9.

Depends what conditions they test it under. If they just fire a unmodified missile without specify a target or specific conditions does the missile then just travel in a straight line? If that is the case then it might even be easier to intercept than say a target that does evasive maneuvers.

can anyone provide a calculation for the prediction of the path of a missile moving at a 60 degree angle accounting for decreasing air resistance with altitude and reduction of mass as fuel burns?

Depends what conditions they test it under. If they just fire a unmodified missile without specify a target or specific conditions does the missile then just travel in a straight line? If that is the case then it might even be easier to intercept than say a target that does evasive maneuvers.

I supposed that the SAM was locked on to another target.

Firing an unguided SAM would destroy the purpose of the test.

looking impressive we want to se HQ 18 in action pleae post this tooo

Back
Top Bottom