What's new

China successfully park the new airship near space

Dungeness

Reaction score
Country
China
China successfully hosted the new airship alternative satellite near future or suborbital space

At 2:10 on October 13, China's first military and civilian space platform near the new "Dream Number" in Inner Mongolia Xilinhot flying success.

7c3bb9caf8ee570.jpg

Original title: China's new airship successfully parked near space, in the airspace of alternative satellite suborbital

Technology Daily News October 14, October 13 2 8:10, China's first military and civilian space platform near the new "Dream Number" in Inner Mongolia Xilinhot flying success.

This is the world's first with continued momentum, controlled flight, re-use capability of near space airship flight, is the first to provide commercial services to businesses and individual users on the fly. The flight carrying the customer's broadband communications, data relay, high definition observation, space situational awareness and airborne imaging systems. As of press time reporter, the airship is 20 km height specified range and flight in space, the system as usual.

Reporters at the scene saw the launch, "Dream Number" is a huge silver airship, a volume of 18,000 cubic meters, rely on helium buoyancy rose into the air. It takes three six-dimensional motor propeller, rely on solar energy to power after launch, scheduled to air in 48 hours.

"Dream No." South River by the Beijing Aerospace Technology Co., Ltd. joint Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Xilin Gol League in Inner Mongolia jointly developed.

At the launch site, the Chinese Academy of Engineering, told reporters the whole, is a region of space near the Earth's surface from 20 km to 100 km, it is a traditional joint aviation space and aerospace space. Due to the influence of the physical height and density of the air, the traditional aircraft and spacecraft can not fly in this space, and thus become very special among the highest altitude of general aviation aircraft and space-based satellite lowest orbital altitude areas.

"Dream Number" and continued use of solar power, energy autonomous and remote control off, landing, fixed and cruise flight, perform communication coverage with the relay, to be imaged with a variety of tasks and other observations.

"Spacecraft approaching the biggest difficulty lies in going up, but also to retain, due to the great temperature difference between day near space, materials and systems for controlling high demands." The whole told reporters.

"Our capsule material lighter, more pressure, flexible solar energy conversion rate of over 18%, and avionics system is the world's lightest." South River Aerospace chairman Lin Lixin told reporters .

News Background

According to the China Aviation News Network data, because of the near space potentially huge business, political and military interests have a more profound understanding of, including the United States, Russia, Britain, Germany, Japan, in developed countries have stepped up within the near space exploration intensity and frequency, have launched various types of near space steerable aerostat development.

Economically speaking, an object of near space development and utilization, is by arranging in the airspace near space steerable aerostat (NearSpaceControllableAerostat) sub-orbital satellite to replace some of the features, to complete a variety previously only by satellite to complete the work, such as crop production estimates, weather forecast, severe weather warnings, earth observation, communications relay, etc., thereby greatly reducing operational costs and improve overall efficiency.

From the national security side, near space steerable aerostat can rely on height advantage for early warning, wartime communications support or attack platforms. It is particularly important near space steerable aerostat as cooperative relaying empty days between aircraft, make up air and space integration jobs gap. It is not difficult to see, near space for the future development of mankind has a very great significance, it will also be the human exploration and use of sky next stop.

China successfully hosted the new airship alternative satellite near future or suborbital space - Sunning View

Last edited:
China successfully hosted the new airship alternative satellite near future or suborbital space

At 2:10 on October 13, China's first military and civilian space platform near the new "Dream Number" in Inner Mongolia Xilinhot flying success.

7c3bb9caf8ee570.jpg

Original title: China's new airship successfully parked near space, in the airspace of alternative satellite suborbital

Technology Daily News October 14, October 13 2 8:10, China's first military and civilian space platform near the new "Dream Number" in Inner Mongolia Xilinhot flying success.

This is the world's first with continued momentum, controlled flight, re-use capability of near space airship flight, is the first to provide commercial services to businesses and individual users on the fly. The flight carrying the customer's broadband communications, data relay, high definition observation, space situational awareness and airborne imaging systems. As of press time reporter, the airship is 20 km height specified range and flight in space, the system as usual.

Reporters at the scene saw the launch, "Dream Number" is a huge silver airship, a volume of 18,000 cubic meters, rely on helium buoyancy rose into the air. It takes three six-dimensional motor propeller, rely on solar energy to power after launch, scheduled to air in 48 hours.

"Dream No." South River by the Beijing Aerospace Technology Co., Ltd. joint Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Xilin Gol League in Inner Mongolia jointly developed.

At the launch site, the Chinese Academy of Engineering, told reporters the whole, is a region of space near the Earth's surface from 20 km to 100 km, it is a traditional joint aviation space and aerospace space. Due to the influence of the physical height and density of the air, the traditional aircraft and spacecraft can not fly in this space, and thus become very special among the highest altitude of general aviation aircraft and space-based satellite lowest orbital altitude areas.

"Dream Number" and continued use of solar power, energy autonomous and remote control off, landing, fixed and cruise flight, perform communication coverage with the relay, to be imaged with a variety of tasks and other observations.

"Spacecraft approaching the biggest difficulty lies in going up, but also to retain, due to the great temperature difference between day near space, materials and systems for controlling high demands." The whole told reporters.

"Our capsule material lighter, more pressure, flexible solar energy conversion rate of over 18%, and avionics system is the world's lightest." South River Aerospace chairman Lin Lixin told reporters .

News Background

According to the China Aviation News Network data, because of the near space potentially huge business, political and military interests have a more profound understanding of, including the United States, Russia, Britain, Germany, Japan, in developed countries have stepped up within the near space exploration intensity and frequency, have launched various types of near space steerable aerostat development.

Economically speaking, an object of near space development and utilization, is by arranging in the airspace near space steerable aerostat (NearSpaceControllableAerostat) sub-orbital satellite to replace some of the features, to complete a variety previously only by satellite to complete the work, such as crop production estimates, weather forecast, severe weather warnings, earth observation, communications relay, etc., thereby greatly reducing operational costs and improve overall efficiency.

From the national security side, near space steerable aerostat can rely on height advantage for early warning, wartime communications support or attack platforms. It is particularly important near space steerable aerostat as cooperative relaying empty days between aircraft, make up air and space integration jobs gap. It is not difficult to see, near space for the future development of mankind has a very great significance, it will also be the human exploration and use of sky next stop.

China successfully hosted the new airship alternative satellite near future or suborbital space - Sunning View

Was this google translated or something?

Communication relay, jamming, early warning.....
Smart solution.

You i've thought of the same thing but for reconaisence over Baghdad and other cities like one air ship with like 9 cameras to record every thing day and night this way we can count the breath of the terrorists.

But our lot in baghdad are too low in their IQ. or they may be just don't want to do it.

Smart solution.

You i've thought of the same thing but for reconaisence over Baghdad and other cities like one air ship with like 9 cameras to record every thing day and night this way we can count the breath of the terrorists.

But our lot in baghdad are too low in their IQ. or they may be just don't want to do it.

I don't think it is about IQ. It is about prioritizing the objects with limited financial resource. Besides, you need way more than 9 cameras to monitor a city effectively. Beijing alone has probably hundreds of thousand of cameras.

2 days endurance? I want to know, i'm intrigued. The ability to stay up in the air for long endurance and even have a small payload is big advantage. However like the USAF similiar program which are now civilian controlled, the balloon can only go up during low winds and good weather. Thus reducing its effectiviness as opposed to a dedicated AWACS.

I don't think it is about IQ. It is about prioritizing the objects with limited financial resource. Besides, you need way more than 9 cameras to monitor a city effectively. Beijing alone has probably hundreds of thousand of cameras.
Well one ship with 9 cameras that what eant otherwise yes we need at least another 9 ships for Bagdad it's a huge city.

Do you think such system too expensive like how much it would cost I'd think not more than 1-3 million $ at latest.

2 days endurance? I want to know, i'm intrigued. The ability to stay up in the air for long endurance and even have a small payload is big advantage. However like the USAF similiar program which are now civilian controlled, the balloon can only go up during low winds and good weather. Thus reducing its effectiviness as opposed to a dedicated AWACS.
When did it say has 2 days endurance?at near space atmosphere, does it still subject to weather and wind?

The news only said in the first flight test, the airship will stay in the air for 48 hours. I think its endurance should be much longer.

The news only said in the first flight test, the airship will stay in the air for 48 hours. I think its endurance should be much longer.
I think the translation is terrible. Any Chinese version? I think is say schedule in 48hrs, meaning can be take off in 48hrs noticed.

I think the translation is terrible. Any Chinese version? I think is say schedule in 48hrs, meaning can be take off in 48hrs noticed.

华丽家族(11.74, 0.84, 7.71%)(600503)10月13日晚间公告,公司下属子公司北京南江空天科技股份有限公司研制的中国首个军民通用新型临近空间平台“圆梦号”,于10月13日凌晨2点10分在内蒙古锡林浩特市试验飞行,目前一切正常。

就在今年5月6日,华丽家族公告定增预案,公司拟定增募集资金26.656亿元,投资临近空间飞行器、智能机器人(66.270, -2.26, -3.30%)与石墨烯三大高科技板块。而临近空间飞行器项目由锡林郭勒盟空天科技有限公司实施,其中临近空间飞行器试验场项目投入3.8亿元,临近空间飞行器研制与制造项目投入4.36亿元。

上述定预案介绍,临近空间是指距离地面 20 至 100 千米高度的空域。该空域空气过于稀薄,目前世界上还没有有动力飞行器能够在此空域持久飞行或定点驻留。随着航空航天技术的飞速发展, 临近空间特有的战略意义使得各国开始重视并加大临近空间开发和应用力度。临近空间飞行器是一种以太阳能循环能源和电推进系统为动力,在20千米以上高度实现持久区域驻留或远距离巡航飞行,具备自主飞行管理,可重复使用的新型空天飞行器。

The translation of the original post was not very good. Here is the People's Daily's story in English:

China’s first new type near-space airship “Yuanmeng” was successfully launched in Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia on Tuesday.

It is the first airship which is equipped with sustainable power and whose flight can be controlled. The airship is loaded with systems of wideband communication, Data Relay, high-definition observation and spatial imaging.

The airship is flying at the designed height and runs well.“Yuanmeng” is a colossal silvery airship and occupies 180,000 cubic meters. With the lift of helium, it rose to the air, and then it is mainly powered by solar energy. The airship will stay near space for 48 hours according to the plan.

Near space is the region of Earth's atmosphere that lies between 20 to 100 km (65,000 and 328,000 feet) above sea level. Impeded by the height and air density of the region, traditional aircrafts find it difficult to enter the region, said Yu Quan, an academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering.The airship can carry out multiple tasks.“The biggest challenge for the near-space airship is the big temperature difference in the day and night,” Yu said.

I saw a post saying it has EW systems. Will you tell us more about its EW capability?

Back
Top Bottom