What's new

China successfully launches first Mars mission

Members are advised to not create unwarranted arguments in this thread and derail it.

This thread is a matter of celebration for all.

@Jackdaws

Just drop it.
I merely congratulated them. They went off on a tangent and took offense. C'est la vie. What exactly did I write that is objectionable or abusive?

Actually an Indian in 1984 was already in space. Before that a Mongolian and a Vietnamese as well. I am glad the Chinese caught up. Congrats to them.
Yes, by riding a soviet spacecraft to the space, you are still behind this soviet monkey:
BA59B6EF-8845-413F-9250-E4A83DB256D1_w1023_r1_s.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

China successfully launches first Mars mission
Source: Xinhua | 2020-07-23 13:37:04 | Editor: huaxia

WENCHANG, Hainan, July 23 (Xinhua) -- China launched a Mars probe on Thursday, aiming to complete orbiting, landing and roving in one mission, and taking the first step in its planetary exploration of the solar system.

A Long March-5 rocket, China's largest launch vehicle, carrying the spacecraft with a mass of about 5 tonnes, soared into the sky from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site on the coast of southern China's island province of Hainan at 12:41 p.m. (Beijing Time).

About 36 minutes later, the spacecraft, including an orbiter and a rover, was sent into the Earth-Mars transfer orbit, embarking on an almost seven-month journey to the red planet, according to the China National Space Administration (CNSA).

China's first Mars mission is named Tianwen-1, which means Questions to Heaven and comes from a poem written by Qu Yuan (about 340-278 BC), one of the greatest poets of ancient China. The name signifies the Chinese nation's perseverance in pursuing truth and science and exploring nature and the universe, said the CNSA.

View attachment 653811 View attachment 653812 View attachment 653813 View attachment 653814
congrats china...

another step towards humanity becoming an interplanetary species.
can't wait for that day when human will become interplanetary species

Members are advised to not create unwarranted arguments in this thread and derail it.

This thread is a matter of celebration for the Chinese and by extension humanity. Let it be.

@Jackdaws

Just drop it.

I have not removed that post.

What exactly are you doing now?

Just drop it = quit argumentation.

@LeGenD @waz

Please can you thread ban him and also remove his uncalled for posts (except the initial post).

He's really burning for no reason.

Congrats to China for becoming the fourth Asian country after Japan, India and UAE to have a successful launch.

LOL, our payload is 5 tons with orbiter plus a lander and rover and left earth orbit in 30+ minutes

but PDF Indian have a field day, your pathetic a bag of potato (13kg) payload to Mars, nothing but a propaganda, plus USA daddy did all work for you after launch

oh, even with just 13 kg payload, it took isro 4 month to leave earth orbit

:rofl::rofl:

@LeGenD @waz

Please can you thread ban him and also remove his uncalled for posts (except the initial post).

He's really burning for no reason.

LOL, PDF Indian butt hurt

Last edited:
Actually an Indian in 1984 was already in space. Before that a Mongolian and a Vietnamese as well. I am glad the Chinese caught up. Congrats to them.

There is no sarcasm. China deserves full credit for its scientific achievements.

I regret you feel that way.
it’s the truth, putting an orbiter into mars is nowhere as complex and putting an orbiter, lander and rover in terms of payload, communications etc. You mind as well say putting a balloon into the air is the same as flying fighter jet, too bad it hurts Indian narrative

it’s the truth, putting an orbiter into mars is nowhere as complex and putting an orbiter, lander and rover in terms of payload, communications etc. You mind as well say putting a balloon into the air is the same as flying fighter jet, too bad it hurts Indian narrative

13 kg orbiter, lol , nothing but a toy for modi sangri

Back
Top Bottom