What's new

China starts "combat ready" patrols in disputed seas

One wonder China's increasingly strong stance on SCS, in the recent months, is a strong response to the US's adoption of a policy last year to reinforce its influence in the region. Is Hu eyeballing Obama with a message:" You will not intimidate me in my own backyard!"

You may well be right. This points to a greater danger: the two sides are speaking different languages.

US reinforcement of its influence in a region, provided that it is within the limits permitted by international law, does not amount to a license to China to retaliate with actions which violate that law. Considering that the islands are disputed, and considering that the Chinese and Vietnamese claims alike are based on historical facts, not on present realities, these need careful and rational discussion, not these fits of emotion.

Then it is reduced to the rights of the mighty over-riding all other rights; not a favorable prospect for China's neighbours.

More than likely, Viet Nam is more ready than China due to the aggressiveness action lately from China and make China think "Triple" before its getting worst.

UN only recognize China's ownership in SCS. after WWII, those islands handed over from Japan to China. there were many maps in China showed those islands where found and mapped by Chinese in 600 years ago if not even earlier to 1000 years ago.

from history and UN point of views, those belong to China. how to protect Chinese claim? by power! Philippine is still trying hard to prove what they claim, can not protect what they claim.

The fact, China is dislinking US and other countries from SCS dispute water. so far, the situation is at Chinese favor, China is blowing Philippine little by little out of SCS water. USA lost voice at this moment.

Philippine lost:
1) lost some control out of SCS islands, if the tension continue, the speed will accelerate.
2) lost political supports. No other countries stand up behind Philippine. even USA is stepping back.
3) economically Philippine enjoys trade surplus from China. China had banned sending thousands of visitors to Philippine, cutting imports from Philippine, cutting investment to Philippine,,,,
4) as I know, China is building more ships, include war ships and tighten control over SCS, Philippine is on the priority list.

Fighting against China in SCS is a missing impossible for all small countries.
Will US helps? no, it will only make the case worse.
Vietnam invited US over, guess what, look at this map,
it is the price for Vietnam, China starts oil drilling from the noise of Vietnam.

20120626155241695175.jpg

Now when Vietnam call for our help everybody will be like US stop sticking your nose it other countries affairs.

Retarded comments from a war monger...

Totally disagree. War is always preferable to peace because slaying your enemies and taking their loot is more profitable than earning it through hard labor.

Our first priority should be to nuke our enemies like Vietnam and Philippines and then take their resources. If any survive, then enslave them. That's how a nation becomes a superpower. It was the way of the Qin dynasty, the Mongol Empire, the British Empire and the American Empire.

Any other view is naive.

Hans need to be kept in checked and all ASEAN nations should rise to meet the threat of the dragon.

I didn't know ASEAN is to be some sort of military alliance(?)

It is at best an economic forum, and a good one at that. But I doubt if it'd be able to handle security issues considering that they have security issues among themselves.

not for that specific role no.. but us has missiles that are just as accurate and can knock out enemy ships anyway..

their ships also have guns with much greater distance then chinas too lol

sino... usa is just waiting for china to start a war.. it gives them the excuse, and they will get public support for war...they are waiting for the right time

I can't stop laughing at your post. Do you have any self-respect? Is US your dad or what? Show us some scary weapons made by your country.

You may well be right. This points to a greater danger: the two sides are speaking different languages.

US reinforcement of its influence in a region, provided that it is within the limits permitted by international law, does not amount to a license to China to retaliate with actions which violate that law. Considering that the islands are disputed, and considering that the Chinese and Vietnamese claims alike are based on historical facts, not on present realities, these need careful and rational discussion, not these fits of emotion.

Then it is reduced to the rights of the mighty over-riding all other rights; not a favorable prospect for China's neighbours.

I believe China's attitude and move are attributed to the US's Asia Pivot policy plus Aquino's 'on your face' challenges and Vietnam's 'step by step' moves against China. China can not back down now for if she does she'll lose all the readabilities at home and aboard, especially dangerous scenario in the former. She'll not fire the first shot however she'll challenge the US's every move with diplomacy to back them up. She's almost, in a way, telling the US this is what I'm going to do, the choice is yours.

The US understand that because they both communicate with each other frequently and such message, I'm sure, has been transmitted. My take is the US, if any skirmish does happen, will stay on the sideline screaming fouls, but will not involve with her sailors. China will not fire the first shot and staying on the present status quo indefinitely while buying more time to upgrade her navel capacities.

australia and the usa and pretty much the same.... there is not much difference at all actually.

Not really. The big difference between australia and the usa is that you are just a chess and the usa is a player.

Not really. The big difference between australia and the usa is that you are just a chess and the usa is a player.

not far off the mark there.... in this day and age, i guess as always.. its a clash of civilizations , so really does it matter if we are a pawn within our own civilization?

I believe China's attitude and move are attributed to the US's Asia Pivot policy plus Aquino's 'on your face' challenges and Vietnam's 'step by step' moves against China. China can not back down now for if she does she'll lose all the readabilities at home and aboard, especially dangerous scenario in the former. She'll not fire the first shot however she'll challenge the US's every move with diplomacy to back them up. She's almost, in a way, telling the US this is what I'm going to do, the choice is yours.

The US understand that because they both communicate with each other frequently and such message, I'm sure, has been transmitted. My take is the US, if any skirmish does happen, will stay on the sideline screaming fouls, but will not involve with her sailors. China will not fire the first shot and staying on the present status quo indefinitely while buying more time to upgrade her navel capacities.

You never know. FDR promised the American people not to bring their boys to war yet he wanted to get involved in fighting Hitler. Who knows what the next President or current President thinks when viewing the danger of China ruling all of Asia. What are the consequences of getting involved in a war between China and other countries of Asia and what consequences of not doing anything?

Based on Australia's war with Japan in WW2 I think its great. Would China like to be part of that as well?

Back
Top Bottom