What's new

China starts "combat ready" patrols in disputed seas

US become the Super Power by fighting the Wars thousands of miles away from its border…China is getting combat ready to fight almost every country with whom it share the borders…I see demise of commies in disguise!

USA has 12 carrier can attack countries far away.
China is defending ermines attacks. you should not turn it otherway around. on other thread we already discussed it was Indian not China caused the 1962 war. China did not use power to fight for its claim. If China did, the entire SCS is already in hands. Anytime, if China wants, no more than 30 mintues to fight and blow out Phil, Viet from water. but China did not want to use military. Only Philippine, Vietnam already used.

count for border wars, Indian starts more than 3, maybe 5. you count how many did China has? all was defense. Only Indian uses military to claim lands it want.

Demonstration held to day on the first July 2012 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city against chinese aggressor's provocations on East Sea of Vietnam.

600043_256178534483481_89870975_n.jpg

my picnic party in may back yard has more head counts.

Yeah yeah China's wrong, only you and Vietnam are right. You sound like a broken record and repeat the same argument over and over. Oops, wait a minute, you're a bot. No wonder!

You are just one of the Chinese brainwashed by your gov't to believe China owns SCS.
Can you name a single country that supports China's 9-dash claim??? NO, YOU CAN'T!!! Can you identify specific historical evidence backing Beijing's claims that it owns disputed islands in the West Philippine Sea??? NO, YOU CAN'T. Can you show any Chinese ancient territorial map that shows it owns the SCS??? NO, YOU CAN'T.

The Philippines has in fact the right, by virtue the EEZ conferred to them by UNCLOS. Not only the right, we have also the RESPONSIBILITY to safeguard the bio-marine life and the environment in these waters. Your China's claim that the Philippines is harassing Chinese fishing vessel is a TOTAL LIE. We are just enforcing our laws because those Chinese fishing vessel is violating our territory and law.

Here you go, the same rants, the same proofs, just like a broken record. BTW, unlike you, I never talked about the 9 dot line, never claimed who's right and who's wrong. I only talked about the general political situations and how, in my little mind, should they be resolved.

Here you go, the same rants, the same proofs, just like a broken record. BTW, unlike you, I never talked about the 9 dot line, never claimed who's right and who's wrong. I only talked about the general political situations and how, in my little mind, should they be resolved.

Please accept the reality my friend. You guys are too aggressive for your neighbors. Calm down.

LOL an usual one line troll talking about debating skills!

Back on topic, China has to patrol these water vigilantly for there are so many pirates round.

You just posted a few post earlier: "Back on topic, China has to patrol these water vigilantly for there are so many pirates round." As if China owns these waters. And now you are pretending to be neutral. China is not patrolling these waters in search of pirates...China's patrolling these waters because she wants to steal her neighbors' territories.

BTW, many of your posts are one-liners...does it mean you are a usual one-line troll??? Just asking.

The reality is America has been breaking international law for a few decades and never been punished, like invading Iraq in 2003, because she is a superpower. The truth is that international law is a tool to cheat other countries, except those superpowers. America said she would punish those nations that imports oil from Iran, but China didn't care about that and keep on importing what we want from Iran. China just broke what is so-called "international law" made by the US and got no punishment. do you know why? Because both China and America are the superpower in economy and military, and we are permanent Security Council members and have some privileges that you, Philippines and Vietnam, can never have. So if you believe that "stupid law", you're fool. Keep on begging help from anyone you can.

The reality is America has been breaking international law for a few decades and never been punished, like invading Iraq in 2003, because she is a superpower. The truth is that international law is a tool to cheat other countries, except those superpowers. America said she would punish those nations that imports oil from Iran, but China didn't care about that and keep on importing what we want from Iran. China just broke what is so-called "international law" made by the US and got no punishment. do you know why? Because both China and America are the superpower in economy and military, and we are permanent Security Council members and have some privileges that you, Philippines and Vietnam, can never have. So if you believe that "stupid law", you're fool. Keep on begging help from anyone you can.

So you want to be next US? You want to do what US did? My sympathies.

Please accept the reality my friend. You guys are too aggressive for your neighbors. Calm down.

Taiwan is one of Chinese province, received the island "Itu Aba Island" (or Tai-Ping Island or Peace Island) from UN as a returning package of SCS, Taiwan was representing the Chinese central government to receive the it. read the news below, then,

Tell me who is aggressive? 1959 Forward Policy was not aggressive, Chinese defense was aggressive, started wars to invade Pakistan were not aggressive, Pakistan defense itself were aggressive. is telling lie is your part of life?

============
goolge tranlate

According to Taiwan media reports, on March 22 and 26, the Vietnamese armed patrol boats on two occasions near the Itu Aba Island, Taiwan, the "Coast Guard ships expelled by the other side firing provocative, Taiping Island defenders immediately enter a state of emergency Prepare returned fire.

Taiwan, "Coast Guard" April 20 Vietnamese ships do twice invasive Taiping Island restricted waters within 6000 m to 4000 m prohibited waters on the 26th day also invaded by the "Coast Guard" to send vessels to radar surveillance, the other exit, did not lead to trouble. "Coast Guard denied having shot the plot.

Indeed provocative action in Vietnam

According to reports, March 22, Taiwan's "Coast Guard" to send the the M8 boats and a number of officers and soldiers in unarmed, to the Nansha Island beach cleaning, and its the Nansha headquarters Colonel commander also accompanied to the, in the Island near Vietnamese patrol boats passing. "Coast Guard vessels after the officers and men to hear the" touch "the suspected vessel engine gas explosion sound, did not find the bullet hole in the ship. Judged is near the project, resulting in the activities of Vietnamese vessels, and that low intensity provocative action.

Taiwan, "Coast Guard," said the second meeting of March 26, in bad weather, the sea fog, poor visibility, the Pacific Island zone radar two large ships to enter the prohibited within the waters of 4000 m range, "Coast Guard" to the monitoring of the radar, the other a U-turn to leave.

Taiwan's "China Times Weekly," is also mentioned in detail, more ship approaching the island, suddenly facing the Coast Guard officers and men ready to take the war, but like doomsday and more soldiers looked sluggish, eyes the tears straight round and round in the fortifications within a loss.

Vietnam then, the explanation given is a "routine patrol". Conflict but this is starting to shake the Office of Taiwan's Ma Ying-jeou and the "National Security" senior Taiwan "National Security Council convened an emergency meeting of an inter-ministerial requirements of the garrison shall not use of force.

Taiwan South China Sea patrol force

Taiping Island, about 1600 km away from Taiwan, Nansha Islands, the largest island of Taiwan's earliest manned, it is the sole owner of freshwater tropical coral islands. Usually can be used as the base of the fisheries, to provide the service of the vessels; wartime can be extremely important strategic value as a base and relay stations of the planes and ships.

, Since the 1950s, the South China Sea garrison has been maintained at high levels. During the Vietnam War, the Taiwan Air Force with the help of the U.S. military under renovation Dongsha runway as an emergency alternate airports and from Taichung to South Vietnam, Da Nang route between Hong Kong and the U.S. plane, and Taiping Island has always been Taiwan's Marine Corps in a guarded by all kinds of heavy weapons readily available. But after 1999, Taiwan Marines to the defense of the Dongsha Island, Pacific Island gradually handed over to the "Coast Guard", the two troops reached a historical low.

As in recent years, the South China Sea dispute intensified, the voice of the island to strengthen the arms of the South China Sea is rising. The completion of the L-type ships moored platform next to the rebuilding of the damaged piers in 2006. It at least four 20-ton coastal patrol boats or boat transportation and supply, in turn stationed at the local. But compared to some countries around the ship and equipment, the patrol force in the Taiping Island is still inadequate.

Cross-strait total care to the South China Sea and then cited concerns

==============

If Pakistan or any country get to Indian water within 4000 meter(4km), and fire against India, I believe India will sink that boat. Only Chinese are too "aggressive" to let them float on water and drove safely home.

I really do not want to look down upon you. Well, show us how many ASEAN countries will stay with you at the same boat against CHINA???

Because Vietnam and Philippines is in the right. You(China) folks are just the global troublemaker needed to be tended to seriously by the International Community!

Nope, what China is doing is trying to is steal her neighbors' territory. China is still in "reasonable coward" stage, but close to the "unreasonable expansionist" one. The Chinese government needs to clarify the legitimacy of the line, “or there will be clashes in the future” when Chinese people rely on the line to oppose any country they think is violating it.

Gawain nyo ay 'wag nyong ibintang sa iba. You're completely blinded by your CCP master's propaganda. China's actions to date are nothing but of an agressive bully, that has no respect for international law. China is the one who are twisting the facts and pretending to be a victim of harassment. There was no harassment, the Philippines simply just enforced her laws against poaching. We caught your Chinese poachers catching endangered species and collecting corals in our territory.

What China means of her "indisputable proof" simply is China has no proof but simply she does not accept anybody questioning her claims.

Our claim is backed by international law. You(China) don't.

So you want to be next US? You want to do what US did? My sympathies.

Chinese culture is different than Western culture. Great Wall is one of the greatest project in China which is for defense purpose only. being educated by the UK and ruled under UK for hundreds of years, what Indians think is more or less effected by Western style ---- aggressive.

War is not necessary bring people better life, Chinese enjoy the current power structure and can live it it. under the current international game rules, China grows fastest, keeping the trend is at China's favor.

Chinese culture is different than Western culture. Great Wall is one of the greatest project in China which is for defense purpose only. being educated by the UK and ruled under UK for hundreds of years, what Indians think is more or less effected by Western style ---- aggressive.

War is not necessary bring people better life, Chinese enjoy the current power structure and can live it it. under the current international game rules, China grows fastest, keeping the trend is at China's favor.

under western rule, indians perfected the art of slavery and aggressiveness.

You just posted a few post earlier: "Back on topic, China has to patrol these water vigilantly for there are so many pirates round." As if China owns these waters. And now you are pretending to be neutral. China is not patrolling these waters in search of pirates...China's patrolling these waters because she wants to steal her neighbors' territories.

BTW, many of your posts are one-liners...does it mean you are a usual one-line troll??? Just asking.

I never said I was neutral so don't put words in my mouth.

Since you asked I'm tell you that your posts don't even deserve an answer because they are monotonous with the same reasoning and proofs. I used to bring documents for proofs on you guys months ago but unfortunately none of you ever bother to read them and again resorted to the same rants to derail the threads. I'm tired of that shyte.

lies never last, "He said the Chinese government has never officially announced the U-shaped line"
here is one more reliable web site.

South China Sea Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1958, the People's Republic of China (PRC) issued a declaration defining its territorial waters within what is known as the nine-dotted line which encompassed the Spratly Islands.

The Republic of China (ROC) named 132 of the South China Sea Islands in 1932 and 1935. In 1933, ROC government logged official protest to the French government after its occupation of Taiping Island.[5] After World War II, ROC government occupied the islands earlier controlled by the Japanese. In 1947, the Ministry of Interior renamed 149 of the islands. Later in November, the Secretary Department of Guangdong Government was authorized to publish the Map of the South China Sea Islands.

The China-Vietnam Conflict: the Spratly Islands History Timeline « Citizen Economist Dee Woo

The China-Vietnam Conflict: the Spratly Islands History Timeline
Took this on my flight from Hong Kong to Singapore

Image via Wikipedia

200BC around – China firstly discovered the Spratly Islands
220 – Nansha (Spratly) Island was settled by Chinese monks, building up a monastery on that island.
789 – The Tang Dynasty, China included the Nansha Islands into its administrative map
990 – Spratley Islands became a part of the Northern Song area in Hainan
1121 – Kublai Khan controlled most of the islands during China’s Yuan Dynasty

http://www.spratlys.org/history/spratly-is…ry-timeline.htm

Maps of Spratly Islands: Spratly Islands Maps - 41 to 50

China was the first to discover, name, develop,conduct economic activities on and exercise jurisdiction of the Nansha Islands.
The earliest discovery by the Chinese people of the Nansha Islands can be traced back to as early as the Han Dynasty. Yang Fu of the East Han Dynasty (23-220 A.D.) made reference to the Nansha Islands in his book entitled Yiwu Zhi (Records of Rarities) , which reads: “Zhanghai qitou, shui qian er duo cishi”(“There are islets, sand cays, reefs and banks in the South China Sea, the water there is shallow and filled with magnetic rocks or stones”). Chinese people then called the South China Sea Zhanghai and all the islands, reefs, shoals and isles in the South China Sea, including the Nansha and Xisha Islands, Qitou.

In numerous history and geography books published in the Tang and Song Dynasties, the Nansha and Xisha Islands were called Jiuruluo Islands, $hitang (literally meaning atolls surrounding a lagoon), Changsha (literally meaning long ranges of shoals), Qianli $hitang, Qianli Changsha, Wanli $hitang, and Wanli Changsha among others. Reference was made to the Nansha Islands in over one hundred categories of books published in the four dynasties of Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing in the name of $hitang or Changsha.
http://www.southchinasea.org/docs/Historic…over Nans.htm

The Issue of South China Sea

During World War II, Japan launched the war of aggression against China and occupied most of China’s territory, including the Nansha Islands. It was explicitly provided in the Cairo Declaration, the Potsdam Proclamation and other international documents that all the territories Japan had stolen from China should be restored to China, and naturally, they included the Nansha Islands. In December 1946, the then Chinese government sent senior officials to the Nansha Islands for their recovery. A take-over ceremony was held on the islands and a monument erected in commemoration of it, and the troops were sent over on garrison duty. In 1952 the Japanese Government officially stated that it renounced all its “right, title and claim to Taiwan, Penghu Islands as well as Nansha and Xisha islands”, thus formally returning the Nansha Islands to China. All countries are very clear about this part of historical background. As a matter of fact, the United States recognized China’s sovereignty over the Nansha Islands in a series of subsequent international conferences and international practice.

For quite a long period of time after WWII, there had been no such a thing as the so-called issue of the South China Sea. No country in the area surrounding the South China Sea had challenged China’s exercise of sovereignty over the Nansha Islands and their adjacent waters. Prior to 1975, Vietnam had, in explicit terms, recognized China’s territorial integrity and sovereignty over the Nansha Islands. Before the 1970s, countries like the Philippines and Malaysia had never referred to their territories as including the Nansha Islands in any of their legal instruments or statements made by their leaders. In the Treaty of Peace signed in Paris in 1898 and the Treaty signed in Washington in 1900 between the United States and Spain, the scope of the Philippines’ territory was expressly laid down, which did not include the Nansha Islands. This was further confirmed in the Philippines Constitution of 1935and the Mutual Defense Treaty Between the Philippines and the United States in 1951. As for Malaysia, it was only in December 1978 that it first marked part of the Nansha Islands, reefs and waters into the territory of Malaysia in its published continental shelf maps.

China the First to Exercise Jurisdiction over the Nansha Islands

The Nansha Islands came under the jurisdiction of China from the Yuan Dynasty. Geography Book of the History of the Yuan Dynasty and Map of the Territory of the Yuan Dynasty with Illustration both includes the Nansha Islands within the domain of the Yuan Dynasty. The History of the Yuan Dynasty has accounts of the patrol and inspection activities by the navy on the Nansha Islands in the Yuan Dynasty.

The inscription on the Memorial Tablet of the Tomb to General Qian Shicai of the Hainan Garrison Command of the Ming Dynasty reads: “Guangdong is adjacent to the grand South China Sea, and the territories beyond the Sea all internally belong to the Ming State.” “General Qian led more than ten thousand soldiers and 50 huge ships to patrol tens of thousands of li on the South China Sea.” All these descriptions clearly testify to the ownership by China of the Nansha Islands in the Ming Dynasty. The Hainan Garrison Command of the Ming Dynasty was responsible for inspecting and patrolling as well as exercising jurisdiction over the Xisha, Zhongsha and Nansha Islands.

In the Qing Dynasty, the Chinese Government marked the Nansha Islands on the authoritative maps and exercised administrative jurisdiction over these islands. The Nansha Islands were marked as Chinese territory in many maps drawn in the Qing Dynasty such as A Map of Administrative Divisions of the Whole China of the 1724 Map of Provinces of the Qing Dynasty, A Map of Administrative Divisions of the Whole China of the 1755 Map of Provinces of the Imperial Qing Dynasty, the 1767 Map of Unified China of the Great Qing for Ten Thousand Years, the 1810 Topographical Map of Unified China of the Great Qing for Ten Thousand Years and the 1817 Map of Unified China of the Great Qing for Ten Thousand Years.
The Issue of South China Sea

International Recognition Of China’s Sovereignty over the Nansha Islands

1. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and the Northern Island

a) China Sea Pilot compiled and printed by the Hydrography Department of the Royal Navy of the United Kingdom in 1912 has accounts of the activities of the Chinese people on the Nansha Islands in a number of places.

b) The Far Eastern Economic Review (Hong Kong) carried an article on Dec. 31 of 1973 which quotes the British High Commissioner to Singapore as having said in 1970: “Spratly Island (Nanwei Island in Chinese) was a Chinese dependency, part of Kwangtung Province… and was returned to China after the war. We can not find any indication of its having been acquired by any other country and so can only conclude it is still held by communist China.”

2. France

a) Le Monde Colonial Illustre mentioned the Nansha Islands in its September 1933 issue. According to that issue, when a French gunboat named Malicieuse surveyed the Nanwei Island of the Nansha Islands in 1930, they saw three Chinese on the island and when France invaded nine of the Nansha Islands by force in April 1933, they found all the people on the islands were Chinese, with 7 Chinese on the Nanzi Reef, 5 on the Zhongye Island, 4 on the Nanwei Island, thatched houses, water wells and holy statues left by Chinese on the Nanyue Island and a signboard with Chinese characters marking a grain storage on the Taiping Island.

b) Atlas International Larousse published in 1965 in France marks the Xisha, Nansha and Dongsha Islands by their Chinese names and gives clear indication of their ownership as China in brackets.

3) Japan

a) Yearbook of New China published in Japan in 1966 describes the coastline of China as 11 thousand kilometers long from Liaodong Peninsula in the north to the Nansha Islands in the south, or 20 thousand kilometers if including the coastlines of all the islands along its coast;

b) Yearbook of the World published in Japan in 1972 says that Chinese territory includes not only the mainland, but also Hainan Island, Taiwan, Penghu Islands as well as the Dongsha, Xisha, Zhongsha and Nansha Islands on the South China Sea.

4. The United States

a) Columbia Lippincott World Toponymic Dictionary published in the United States in 1961 states that the Nansha Islands on the South China Sea are part of Guangdong Province and belong to China.

b) The Worldmark Encyclopaedia of the Nations published in the United States in 1963 says that the islands of the People’s Republic extend southward to include those isles and coral reefs on the South China Sea at the north latitude 4°.

c) World Administrative Divisions Encyclopaedia published in 1971 says that the People’s Republic has a number of archipelagoes, including Hainan Island near the South China Sea, which is the largest, and a few others on the South China Sea extending to as far as the north latitude 4°, such as the Dongsha, Xisha, Zhongsha and Nansha Islands.

5. Viet Nam

a) Vice Foreign Minister Dung Van Khiem of the Democratic Republic of Viet Nam received Mr. Li Zhimin, charge d’affaires ad interim of the Chinese Embassy in Viet Nam and told him that “according to Vietnamese data, the Xisha and Nansha Islands are historically part of Chinese territory.” Mr. Le Doc, Acting Director of the Asian Department of the Vietnamese Foreign Ministry, who was present then, added that “judging from history, these islands were already part of China at the time of the Song Dynasty.”

b) Nhan Dan of Viet Nam reported in great detail on September 6, 1958 the Chinese Government’s Declaration of September 4, 1958 that the breadth of the territorial sea of the People’s Republic of China should be 12 nautical miles and that this provision should apply to all territories of the People’s Republic of China, including all islands on the South China Sea. On September 14 the same year, Premier Pham Van Dong of the Vietnamese Government solemnly stated in his note to Premier Zhou Enlai that Viet Nam “recognizes and supports the Declaration of the Government of the People’s Republic of China on China’s territorial sea.”

c) It is stated in the lesson The People’s Republic of China of a standard Vietnamese school textbook on geography published in 1974 that the islands from the Nansha and Xisha Islands to Hainan Island and Taiwan constitute a great wall for the defense of the mainland of China.

International Recognition Of China's Sovereignty over the Nansha Islands

History of Nanhai (South China Sea) Islands

The South China Sea islands were well-documented in Chinese records since Qin Dynasty (around AD 200). They were collectively named as Tough Heads of the Surging Sea(漲海崎頭 Zhànghǎi Qítóu) and Coral Cays (珊瑚洲 Shanhu Zhou) since their discovery by the Chinese in the Qin Dynasty. But seafaring did not occur until the next dynasty, the Han Dynasty. After the Song Dynasty, the Islands had been called The Thousand-Mile Long Sands (千里長沙) and Myriad-Mile Stony Embankment (萬里石塘).

There are houses dated back to the Tang or Song Dynasty on Ganquan Island (甘泉島), which is part of the Xisha Islands. In 1045, during the reign of Emperor Renzong of Song China, imperial troops (王師) were sent to the Paracel Islands. The fishermen of Hainan composed various “Notebooks on Paths and Timing” (更路簿) that recorded over 200 routes, the time needed for sailing among the different isles, and the names of over 100 islands commonly used by the fishermen.

San Shashi

Before the 1970s, though, no country questioned China’s legitimacy and sovereignty over these islands and the waters of the South China Sea. For the Chinese, the South China Sea and its islands have historically been Chinese territory.

According to Chinese documents, the Chinese discovered the Nansha islands in the Han Dynasty some 2,000 years ago. From the Song Dynasty (960-1276 AD), the islands were under China’s jurisdiction, while in the Yuan Dynasty (1279-1368 AD) the Nansha islands were a part of Hainan (today’s Hainan province) and managed by the central government.

In the following Ming Dynasty (1368-1644 AD), China’s ships sailed by the islands of the South China Sea, symbolically implying China’s sovereignty over the waters. Then in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911 AD), important official and royal Chinese political maps issued or drawn in 1724, 1755, 1767, 1810 and 1817 clearly marked the Nansha islands as Chinese territory.

In 1947, based on the Cairo Declaration and the Potsdam Proclamation, China’s central government appointed Mai Yunyu as official commissioner to take sovereignty over the Nansha islands from Japanese forces. In 1947, the Internal Ministry of the Republic of China finished marking the South China Sea boundary, and the Nansha islands were undoubtedly included as a part of China’s sovereignty
Asia Times Online :: China News, China Business News, Taiwan and Hong Kong News and Business.

TREATY OF PEACE – The Republic of China and Japan

Article 2

It is recognised that under Article 2 of the Treaty of Peace which Japan signed at the city of San Francisco on 8 September 1951 (hereinafter referred to as the San Francisco Treaty), Japan has renounced all right, title, and claim to Taiwan (Formosa) and Penghu (the Pescadores) as well as the Spratley Islands and the Paracel Islands

Exploring Chinese History :: Page Not Found

Discussion of the TREATY, particularly in regards to Taiwan (Formosa), the Pescadores, the Paracel Islands and other Chinese territories and others with China. BOTH Russia and Japan’s position. GRASP the context and how it led to the articles that specifically state Spratly and Paracel as well as Formosa and Penghu.

Statement of the First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the USSR, A.A. Gromyko, at the Conference in San Francisco (1951)

… The peace treaty with Japan should, naturally, resolve a number of territorial questions connected with the peace settlement with Japan. It is known that in this respect as well the United States, Great Britain, China and the Soviet Union undertook specific obligations. These obligations are outlined in the Cairo Declaration, in the Potsdam Declaration, and in the Yalta Agreement.

These agreements recognize the absolutely indisputable rights of China, now the Chinese People’s Republic, to territories severed from it. It is an indisputable fact that original Chinese territories which were severed from it, such as Taiwan (Formosa), the Pescadores, the Paracel Islands and other Chinese territories, should be returned to the Chinese People’s Republic.

The rights of the Soviet Union to the southern part of the Sakhalin Island and all the islands adjacent to it, as well as to the Kurile Islands, which are at present under the sovereignty of the Soviet Union, are equally indisputable.

Thus, while resolving the territorial questions in connection with the preparation of a peace treaty with Japan, there should not be any lack of clarity if we are to proceed from the indisputable rights of states to territories which Japan got hold of by the force of arms.

… As regards the American-British draft peace treaty with Japan in the part pertaining to territorial questions, the Delegation of the USSR considers it necessary to state that this draft grossly violates the indisputable rights of China to the return of integral parts of Chinese territory: Taiwan, the Pescadores, the Paracel and other islands severed from it by the Japanese militarists. The draft contains only a reference to the renunciation by Japan of its rights to these territories but intentionally omits any mention of the further fate of these territories. In reality, however, Taiwan and the said islands have been captured by the United States of America and the United States wants to legalize these aggressive actions in the draft peace treaty under discussion. Meanwhile the fate of these territories should be absolutely clear — they must be returned to the Chinese people, the master of their land.

Similarly, by attempting to violate grossly the sovereign rights of the Soviet Union regarding Southern Sakhalin and the islands adjacent to it, as well as the Kurile Islands already under the sovereignty of the Soviet Union, the draft also confines itself to a mere mention of the renunciation by Japan of rights, title and claims to these territories and makes no mention of the historic appurtenance of these territories and the indisputable obligation on the part of Japan to recognize the sovereignty of the Soviet Union over these parts of the territory of the USSR.

We do not speak of the fact that by introducing such proposals on territorial questions the United States and Great Britain, who at an appropriate time, signed the Cairo and Potsdam Declarations, as well as the Yalta Agreement, have taken the path of flagrant violation of obligations undertaken by them under these international agreements.

Back
Top Bottom