What's new

China Space Military:Recon, Satcom, Navi, ASAT/BMD, Orbital Vehicle, SLV, etc.

Given such rate, I think 2020-2022. CZ-9 will be completed and ready for first flight. China may skip Manned lunar landing and straight goes into Manned Mars Mission to beat US target of 2030 landing.

Sorry, but I couldn't ignore the red flags in your post.

1. The earliest planned date for the CZ-9's maiden flight is 2028. It would take five years merely for its engine to be developed; a maiden flight a year after is technically unfeasible and financially unsound.

2. The CNSA has explicitly stated that it is pursuing a manned lunar mission. Such technologies would have to be mastered and the capabilities thereof studied before they could be applied to a notional Mars mission. Additionally, it is unknown how much mass the CZ-9 can transfer to a heliocentric orbit, or if it is capable of doing so at all.

Sorry, but I couldn't ignore the red flags in your post.

1. The earliest planned date for the CZ-9's maiden flight is 2028. It would take five years merely for its engine to be developed; a maiden flight a year after is technically unfeasible and financially unsound.

2. The CNSA has explicitly stated that it is pursuing a manned lunar mission. Such technologies would have to be mastered and the capabilities thereof studied before they could be applied to a notional Mars mission. Additionally, it is unknown how much mass the CZ-9 can transfer to a heliocentric orbit, or if it is capable of doing so at all.
That is just a gross estimation. I bet you wouldnt take it seriously. With prioritize and generious fund, things can be speed up.

Given such rate, I think 2020-2022. CZ-9 will be completed and ready for first flight. China may skip Manned lunar landing and straight goes into Manned Mars Mission to beat US target of 2030 landing.
NASA's current long term Mars Plan is vague(sometime in middle to late 30s!!)....in nature. SLS & Orion are more of Job program than Mars Goal Oriented. No concrete Mars Lander program yet.So, first Man to land on the Mars is still...pretty much within China's reach..if it can continue it's current pace as well as budget. However, Elon Musk has his own plans.If NASA can combine it's plan with SpaceX's..thing's might take less time, but,a big but,US congress holds the key.
I hope China moves toward a Methane/Lox engine...if it truly is serious about Mars!

Last edited:
NASA's current long term Mars Plan is vague(sometime time in middle to late 30s!!)....in nature. SLS & Orion are more of Job program than Mars Goal Oriented. No concrete Mars Lander program yet.So, first Man to land on the Mars is still...pretty much within China's reach..if it can continue it's current pace as well as budget. However, Elon Musk has his own plans.If NASA can combine it's plan with SpaceX's..thing's might take less time, but,a big but,US congress holds the key.
I hope China moves toward a Methane/Lox engine...if it truly is serious about Mars!

Well, I don't think that lander program is still beyond our reach. Because Mars is different to Moon. Plus, it's farther. But I agree, the "first man on Mars" title still open to China.

China researches high resolution imaging from high orbit
(Xinhua) 15:11, September 01, 2016

CHANGCHUN, Sept. 1 (Xinhua) -- Chinese researchers are confident of making technological breakthroughs over the next four years in developing high resolution imaging that can see car-sized objects on the earth from high orbit.

Researchers at the Changchun Institute of Optics, Fine Mechanics and Physics (CIOMP) are studying camera technologies suited for satellites 36,000 kilometers away from earth, with significant government support.

The CIOMP plan aims to achieve an optical resolution of 2.5 meters for the camera. This is the equivalent of seeing a hair clearly from 800 meters away.

The technologies being researched will enable cameras to operate on satellites in high orbit, known as geostationary orbit, allowing the cameras to appear stationary in the sky and view the same point on earth continuously.

China already has high-resolution imaging in space, but at a lower orbit of about several hundred kilometers away from earth. Low-orbiting satellites constantly move around the earth and can only take snapshots of the earth as they fly.

Based on its considerable experience in the area, CIOMP is confident of completing the research by the end of 2020, said CIOMP deputy head Zhang Xuejun.

First launch failure of CZ-4C:(

@BoQ77 @Bussard Ramjet Here is your favorite news about China.

And it's the Gaofen-10 satellite. Very important satellite that it was carrying.

Shocking.

Devastating blow to China. Now everything will be delayed.

The failure is the mother of the success. This setback is just nothing compared to China's past experience.

Gaofen-10 is very sophisticated, but China can rebuild it quickly. Fortunately, this failure used to happen before the maiden flight of the CZ-5.

Last edited:
@BoQ77 @Bussard Ramjet Here is your favorite news about China.

The failure is the mother of the success. This setback is just nothing compared to China's past experience.

Gaofen-10 is very sophisticate, but China can rebuild it quickly. Fortunately, this failure used to happen become the maiden flight of the CZ-5.

Gaofen-10 is very sophisticated. But as important as that is, I think the Quantum satellite was more important. Also China should make sure the Tiangong-2 and Shenzhou-11 launches are successful. Those are even more important. Then it's the big daddy CZ-5 launch in November.

China has had an extremely busy 2016 with the launch of CZ-7, launch of Quantum satellite, preparing for CZ-5 launch, preparing for Tiangong-2 and Shenzhou-11 launches.

Gaofen-10 will be rebuilt quickly.

Gaofen-10 is very sophisticated. But as important as that is, I think the Quantum satellite was more important. Also China should make sure the Tiangong-2 and Shenzhou-11 launches are successful. Those are even more important. Then it's the big daddy CZ-5 launch in November.

China has had an extremely busy 2016 with the launch of CZ-7, launch of Quantum satellite, preparing for CZ-5 launch, preparing for Tiangong-2 and Shenzhou-11 launches.

Gaofen-10 will be rebuilt quickly.

The first stage was ok, it was the glitch from the second stage. So both rocket engine and Gaofen-10 were ok. China can quickly re-launch it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom