What's new

China Space Military:Recon, Satcom, Navi, ASAT/BMD, Orbital Vehicle, SLV, etc.

Chinese Scientists Sure About Features of Shenzhou-11 Spacecraft
CCTV+
Published on Aug 13, 2016

China's Shenzhou-11 manned spacecraft has arrived at the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center on Saturday, readying itself for liftoff later in the year for a docking with the country's manned first space lab Tiangong-2.

Tiangong-2 will be launched in September, to be followed by Shenzhou-11 with two astronauts on board.

Before departing for Jiuquan, Shenzhou-11 has allowed a brief peek for China Central Television to get some rough ideas about its similarities and differences with its predecessors.

Like its predecessors, Shenzhou-11 also has three modules, namely the orbital module, the returning capsule and the propelling module. Though it is designed with three cabins for as many astronauts, Shenzhou-11 will be launched with just two astronauts on board.

"It's a manned spacecraft. If there are fewer people on board, we can transport more cargo in the stead for to-go and to-come-back trips with materials for space experimentation," says Zheng Wei, assistant chief designer of spacecraft system with the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.

Shenzhou-11 will dock with Tiangong-2 for a joint 30-day space flight, which will be longest manned space flight for China. It is therefore also a test for the spacecraft itself.

"Shenzhou-II has inherited all the tried and true features of its predecessors of Shenzhou-8, -9 and -10. It is therefore of confirmed stability, higher reliability and more maturity," Zheng adds.

0066RUPogw1f6sdt911q6j30zk0k0gnl.jpg

0066RUPogw1f6sdt9y667j30zk0k077i.jpg

0066RUPogw1f6sdtabm7qj30zk0k0n09.jpg

Maybe our friend (wrongly) believes that an average American somehow has higher IQ than an average Chinese. :rofl::lol:
His words is just fart without any backing. I despise this kind of people. No substance and still dare to act tough.

Chinese Scientists Sure About Features of Shenzhou-11 Spacecraft
CCTV+

China's Shenzhou-11 manned spacecraft has arrived at the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center on Saturday, readying itself for liftoff later in the year for a docking with the country's manned first space lab Tiangong-2.

Tiangong-2 will be launched in September, to be followed by Shenzhou-11 with two astronauts on board.

Before departing for Jiuquan, Shenzhou-11 has allowed a brief peek for China Central Television to get some rough ideas about its similarities and differences with its predecessors.

Like its predecessors, Shenzhou-11 also has three modules, namely the orbital module, the returning capsule and the propelling module. Though it is designed with three cabins for as many astronauts, Shenzhou-11 will be launched with just two astronauts on board.

"It's a manned spacecraft. If there are fewer people on board, we can transport more cargo in the stead for to-go and to-come-back trips with materials for space experimentation," says Zheng Wei, assistant chief designer of spacecraft system with the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.

Shenzhou-11 will dock with Tiangong-2 for a joint 30-day space flight, which will be longest manned space flight for China. It is therefore also a test for the spacecraft itself.

"Shenzhou-II has inherited all the tried and true features of its predecessors of Shenzhou-8, -9 and -10. It is therefore of confirmed stability, higher reliability and more maturity," Zheng adds.

0066RUPogw1f6sdt911q6j30zk0k0gnl.jpg

0066RUPogw1f6sdt9y667j30zk0k077i.jpg

0066RUPogw1f6sdtabm7qj30zk0k0n09.jpg
Hope it will be Y-20 to do that job in near future.

NOTAMs for this launch Quantum Science Satellite - CZ-2D - Jiuquan - August 15, 2016 (~17:40 UTC)

A2051/16 - A TEMPORARY RESTRICTED AREA ESTABLISHED BOUNDED BY: N332411E0981616-N332859E0975104-N342143E0980517-N341655E0983043 BACK TO START. VERTICAL LIMITS:GND-UNL. GND - UNL, 15 AUG 17:33 2016 UNTIL 15 AUG 18:06 2016. CREATED: 12 AUG 06:23 2016

A2050/16 - A TEMPORARY RESTRICTED AREA ESTABLISHED BOUNDED BY: N351710E0984540-N352046E0982620-N354948E0983423-N354456E0990018
BACK TO START.VERTICAL LIMITS:GND-UNL. GND - UNL, 15 AUG 17:33 2016 UNTIL 15 AUG 18:00 2016.
CREATED: 12 AUG 06:21 2016

2 major projects to be launched very soon :
Tiangong II
Quantum Satellite

So it turns out China's Yutu Moon rover could still be alive
Andrew Jones
2016/08/10

China's Jade Rabbit rover was the first such mission to the Moon since the 1970s, and has contributed to scientific discoveries and top quality images of the Moon.

So when it was reported last week that the lunar rover had bitten the lunar dust, the news was understandably widely covered and received with sadness.

However, those reports may turn out to be premature.

News of the demise of Yutu, as it is named in Chinese, began on July 31 with the appearance of a widely-shared 'farewell' post from the rover's official account on Sina Weibo, China's Twitter-like social media platform.
yutu-rover-weibo-farewell-31072016.png

It was then seemingly confirmed by Chinese state media such as People's Daily (Chinese) that Jade Rabbit had ceased operating at the start of its 33rd lunar night, some 972 days after launch on December 2, 2013.

The reports cited a source at the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense (SASTIND), which oversees the country's space activities.

This in turn resulted in a slew of articles in Western media reporting the death of Yutu, with the assumption that the rover had failed some time after the start of the latest lunar night, when temperatures sink as low as minus 180 degrees Celsius.

Con't reading -> So it turns out China's Yutu Moon rover could still be alive | gbtimes.com

Very Interesting read in the whole article
There is a lot more to tell
Please find the original article in the link and continue reading

His words is just fart without any backing. I despise this kind of people. No substance and still dare to act tough.

I do not want to be heretic, but aren't you the same as well?
Anyway, I know a certain "beast" who always and often claimed ...

- the J-10B is not in operational use...
- the J-11D, however is already...
- the Z-10 would already use a WZ-16...
- the Y-20 would surely participate in the 2016's Aviadarts exercise ...

Honestly the list is even longer in which You always claim certain things but never have a proof of this and even worse, each time alone to ask for a proof leds immediately to harsh words and to stamp the others as China-haters or ignorant foreigners.

I'm for myself expecting the same again and certainly I'm still awaiting your evidence...

Deino

I do not want to be heretic, but aren't you the same as well?
Anyway, I know a certain "beast" who always and often claimed ...

- the J-10B is not in operational use...
- the J-11D, however is already...
- the Z-10 would already use a WZ-16...
- the Y-20 would surely participate in the 2016's Aviadarts exercise ...

Honestly the list is even longer in which You always claim certain things but never have a proof of this and even worse, each time alone to ask for a proof leds immediately to harsh words and to stamp the others as China-haters or ignorant foreigners.

I'm for myself expecting the same again and certainly I'm still awaiting your evidence...

Deino

J-10B indeed is not operation. No official news, no involved in any exercise. J-11D claim of operation is just a joke. Remember my one sentence reply and I did not elaborate further?
Z-10 indeed uses some kind of upgraded engine which I advocate, it need no neccessary be WZ-16 which you initialdenied furiously that no upgrade of engine is carry out. Again you are putting words into my mouth. I claim peace mission and not aviadart. Get your facts , right!

You shall learn from siegecrossbow not to engage so much petty issue with forumer. It will lower your status as moderator.

And until now the coward bussard ramjet still haven give me a proper reply on how advance US satellite compare to latest of China after I present my facts with link. So you want to defend him, go ahead! My assessment of him is correct. I stand by my words.

J-10B indeed is not operation. No official news, no involved in any exercise. J-11D claim of operation is just a joke. Remember my one sentence reply and I did not elaborate further?
Z-10 indeed uses some kind of upgraded engine which I advocate, it need no neccessary be WZ-16 which you initialdenied furiously that no upgrade of engine is carry out. Again you are putting words into my mouth. I claim peace mission and not aviadart. Get your facts , right!

You shall learn from siegecrossbow not to engage so much petty issue with forumer. It will lower your status as moderator.

And until now the coward bussard ramjet still haven give me a proper reply on how advance US satellite compare to latest of China after I present my facts with link. So you want to defend him, go ahead! My assessment of him is correct. I stand by my words.

Anti-China trolls are furious at China's rapid progress.

Lijiang Ground Station Ready for Quantum Satellite Experimentation
CCTV+

The Lijiang ground station is not only the satellite ground station which has taken the shortest time to set up in China, it will also take on part of China's groundbreaking experimentation of a cutting-edge technology - quantum communication or quantum teleportation, all by tracking a satellite for precision.

Situated 3,200 meters above sea level, the Lijiang ground station consists of a 1.8-meter-aperture telescope, a quantum terminal and an integrated control system.

"We've transformed an existing 1.8-meter-aperture telescope. It's the one with the highest tracking precision in China. It gives in a less than 12-centimeter shake while tracking an object 500 kilometers away in space. Such a precision is more than enough for communication," explains He Dong, deputy chief designer of telescope subsystem in the quantum scientific experimentation.

During the upcoming experimentation, the Lijiang ground station is assigned to coordinate with another ground station in west China to do a two-direction entangled quantum distribution. When the quantum satellite travels past over this part of China, it sends down entangled photons to these two ground stations for them to receive. The ground stations have to be highly precise with their telescopes in targeting and tracking the passing satellite, to complete the experimentation."

"We at ground station are demanded to point our telescope to the target precisely and to lock our telescope onto tracking the target steadily. We have only five minutes to do both. We'll depend on the capability of our telescope, its tracking precision, to keep the target steadily in our field of view. By so doing, we can maintain the link, through which the satellite will send the entangled photons," He Dong explains further.

"Our telescope has already acquired this capability, after we have done all adjustments and a trial tracking on the moon of a sun. We are now waiting for this experimentation of quantum communication and quantum entanglement distribution," the deputy chief designer adds.

Last edited:
Can anybody find a live webcast for the launch of the quantum satellite tomorrow?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom