What's new

China should ensure Pakistan avert debt default: Chinese media

Deja Vu. You guys were smiling the same as today when USA was screwing you in early 2000s. :)
you were on pdf then? or was i ? i don't know about others but i wasn't smiling, and that is an entirely different thing, a superpower fighting in the neighborhood with us as front line ally, what does that has to do with cpec?

you were on pdf then? or was i ? i don't know about others but i wasn't smiling, and that is an entirely different thing, a superpower fighting in the neighborhood with us as front line ally, what does that has to do with cpec?
Not exactly. I started around W. Bush's time. But i remember that quite a few poster's used to defend USA quite the same way they defend China today.

We are just quoting a news. That too from global times. We follow international news. These are examples, significant information. Why are you so mad when an Indian quotes a news on Pakistan. May be you should think how CPEC may put you into debt if the plan didn't produce significant income. Or are you planning to be like Sri Lanka. Leasing off land for 99 years if you can't pay back.

Actually Chinese investment is NOT bad for Pakistan. Usually the investment is on good, generous terms, and much needed by Pakistan.

HOWEVER, the Chinese investment may be bad for China itself, for it can find itself in a condition where the host nation is totally incapable of paying off its debts, and instead asking for more loans to stave off crisis.

It is not Chinese investment that will bankrupt Pakistan. It is Pakistan's ineptitude that will bankrupt it.

BEIJING: China must ensure that the rising fiscal deficit in Pakistan does not "snowball" into a major financial crisis as it has invested heavily in the country, specially in the USD 46 billion CPECBSE -4.45 % project, official Chinese media said today.

"While Pakistan's fast growing economy has made it a darling for foreign investment, the surge in the country's fiscal deficit and public debts has increasingly become a source of concern for international investors and has led to doubts about its capability to repay its debts," an article in the state-run Global Times said.

The investments under the CPEC alone amounted to USD 51 billion, the article said.

"Given the massive investment that China has made in the country as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), China has a vested interest to ensure that the rising fiscal deficit in Pakistan not snowball into a major financial crisis," it said.

"China should work closely with Pakistan to make sure that the projects it has invested in can generate tangible growth in Pakistan's real economy, help the country properly manage its deficit level and put it on a sustainable growth path," it said.

Write-ups critical of Pakistan are rare in Chinese media, considering the all weather close relationship between the two.

Citing Mongolia's experience where the fiscal deficit climbed to around 15 per cent of GDP in 2016, making it hard for to repay foreign debts, the article said "the worst-case scenario is the last thing China would desire in Pakistan".

Citing Pakistan media reports it said Pakistan's fiscal deficit surged to around 2.4 per cent of GDP during the first half (July-December) of the fiscal year 2016-17, the highest in four years.

In 2014-15, the half-year deficit stood at 2.2 per cent and full-year deficit at 5.3 per cent.

The government hopes to keep the deficit below 3.8 per cent of the GDP during the full 2016-17 year.

"A surge in the country's deficit would make it vulnerable to external shocks and would increase Pakistan's chances of a debt default. As a major creditor and the largest investor in Pakistan, China has an obligation to safeguard its investments in Pakistan and ensure it can recoup its loans," it said.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...defaultchinese-media/articleshow/57270025.cms

Hi; could you please tell how did You copy from This Economic Times site

I am unable to do so

Indians must be burning in jealousy seeing so much money being poured by China in Pakistan. Well too bad for india, it's just never an attractive place for China to do business. But no worries for india, american sailors are coming to provide business opportunities especially for indian women.

Even China is not investing as much as it promised in Pakistan.

It is handing out exorbitant loans and creating the debt problem in the first place. And Pakistanis are too ignorant to see this.

Indians must be burning in jealousy seeing so much money being poured by China in Pakistan. Well too bad for india, it's just never an attractive place for China to do business. But no worries for india, american sailors are coming to provide business opportunities especially for indian women.
Yes Indian are jealous , thats why Indian forced Chinese to print cautious note in Chinese newpaper...

Wonder-full part is PAK and its supporters , they even cant Simple say chinese new paper is Wrong and they pointing Fingers towards India. :meeting:

We are just quoting a news. That too from global times. We follow international news. These are examples, significant information. Why are you so mad when an Indian quotes a news on Pakistan. May be you should think how CPEC may put you into debt if the plan didn't produce significant income. Or are you planning to be like Sri Lanka. Leasing off land for 99 years if you can't pay back.
Just quoting the news for Pakistan and doing the national duty of obsession, completing the national quota of obsession. What happens with us is our problem, but no cheap Indians will spare no effort

Even China is not investing as much as it promised in Pakistan.

It is handing out exorbitant loans and creating the debt problem in the first place. And Pakistanis are too ignorant to see this.
And what is the problem with Indians ?

you seem to be pissed up.all i am trying to do is to find out the reson why ?is it because a Indian posted it or is it because chinese think so .
I'm pissed at you Indians for how obsessed you guys are ?
Please elaborate the strategic depth

Dude, are you forgetting this is a forum. We post news on, whoever we want. Be it China or Pakistan or India. If you have a problem please ask your MOD's and Admin to ban Indian users who quote news on Pakistan:enjoy:
Dude you Hindus are just showing your obsession that's all. It is very arare to find Hindus even living far away from Hindu land and being born outside of Hindu land posting anything positive about Pakistan. You Hindus will never grow out of this cheap mentality

china should just takeover pakistan and run the country, most pakistanis like chinese system it seems, and dont like their own leaders, so I guess they wont mind.

Deal with Hindus ? No way I will bash them whenever I see such shitty attitude from Hindus

An Indian who is NRI suggesting that China should take over Pakistan because we( Pakistani) don't like our leader or we like Chinese system.

You my friend are genius. In one masterstroke you spoke for us as if you're Pakistani and has always been. Bravo
well both sentiments have been expressed multiple times here, how chinese 'democracy' is great and how pakistani leaders are all corrupt... for everything 'oh we will get it from china anyway.. china will do this.. china will do that'..... I just said what public wants... :)
let me sweeten the deal: you can keep the isi and pa ... rest will be outsourced... deal?

china should just takeover pakistan and run the country, most pakistanis like chinese system it seems, and dont like their own leaders, so I guess they wont mind.

It's going to happen any ways, once repayment schedule kicks in, there foreign reserve wI'll start crumbling, eventually to save grace China will be bound to install there own personell at every key position inside there administration, perhaps after decade or so they might call it China Annex.

Since when Pakistan has defaulted on its debt payments even without CPEC? Ask the IMF.. So there is nothing to worry about..

Back
Top Bottom