What's new

China should DEMAND return of all stolen treasures

Genesis

Reaction score
Country
China
Back when China was weak, many treasures was stolen by the Brits and the French and whoever else that held a gun.

Today it is still not returned, this is outrageous. China is the second most powerful country on earth, the time of the Europeans had long gone. They are nothing but puppets for the US, though they like to pretend otherwise.

The fact that their laws still return stolen items means that they don't consider finders keepers a thing. Especially if it's found in someone Else's house.

Napoleon's stolen treasure collection was given back after Napoleon's defeat, then I guess Europeans does know if you loot it, you can only keep it if you stay on top.

To have France and England and whoever else display our paintings in their museums and take our treasures on their tours is an insult.

Especially those treasures held by common soldiers and their descendents, who let's face it are the lowest of the low even in their own country is an insult, each day it is not returned.

This is one of the reasons I support an aggressive China. If we deserve to be looked down and looted when we were weak then when we are not things need to be different. However some people are having a hard time adjusting to this. Not talking about the Americans, cause they at this moment is actually better.

It doesn't work like that. otherwise the whole world will end up demanding their stolen stuff back, and then what will happen to swollen pride and greedy museums of Europe? countries of subcontinent will have to 'demand' that Britain return Kohinoor and Iran to return Darya e Noor and Noor ul Ain, all stolen from us when we were weak. Plus Vedic and Ghaggar Hakra artifacts sitting in various European museums.

It would just never end. The Greeks have realized they're not getting their stuff back, South Asians are slowly starting to realize it, China should also just move on. best to focus that effort on further economic upliftment. heritage and history are not preserved in stolen artifacts, but the blood that runs through your veins and culture passed down to younger generations.

It doesn't work like that. otherwise the whole world will end up demanding their stolen stuff back, and then what will happen to swollen pride and greedy museums of Europe? countries of subcontinent will have to 'demand' that Britain return Kohinoor and Iran to return Darya e Noor and Noor ul Ain, all stolen from us when we were weak. Plus Vedic and Ghaggar Hakra artifacts sitting in various European museums.

It would just never end. The Greeks have realized they're not getting their stuff back, South Asians are slowly starting to realize it, China should also just move on. best to focus that effort on further economic upliftment. heritage and history are not preserved in stolen artifacts, but the blood that runs through your veins and culture passed down to younger generations.
return it,or preparing to be punished,as simple as that.Thieves should be punished at the first place.

So you are saying that because they have to return other treasures that they wouldn't?

Oh no, I don't want to make it inconvenient for them.

Well, don't worry, JC will get it for you guys... viva la JC .... :yahoo:

Chinese-Zodiac-2012-Movie-Poster_zps403c9b0b.jpg

return it,or preparing to be punished,as simple as that.Thieves should be punished at the first place.
Well, are ya gonna punish or flap your jaws? Besides....it was a favor....helped Mao get rid of the three olds.

If China wants the world to return its stolen treasure, then it should return the treasure it stolen from the world as well.
:tup: deal?

How do you expect to punish France or Britain in ways that won't come back to bite China in the behind? China is not strong enough to demand from Britain or France and expect it to be met on those merits alone.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

At least where individual and family 'heirlooms' are concerned I'd recommend offering payment for their return, possibly through the Chinese embassies, as if it wasn't a government to government interaction hopefully the Chinese wouldn't take paying for them as a sign of debasement.

It is not a sign of weakness of a government to be generous where the individual is concerned or to be flexible when you are able. Its likely the amount payed for the return of a privately held heirloom would be a pittance to the Chinese government.

If China wants the world to return its stolen treasure, then it should return the treasure it stolen from the world as well.
:tup: deal?

like what? I'm sure over centuries through Chinese wars China has taken something, what are you referring to?
@Juice @anon45

so you are pretty much saying that taking it is no big deal. If somebody stole something from you would you buy it back.

This is the attitude i'm talking about. You guys show American flags, so in America people keep guns to protect themselves and property even though 99 percent of those people got things that bums won't want.

This is Chinese national treasure. It is more than apparent the disrespect shown here. But there's a chinese saying a men getting his revenge 10 years later is not late. Now we play the waiting game....

India was colonized i'm sure a few things were taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
like what? I'm sure over centuries through Chinese wars China has taken something, what are you referring to?
@Juice @anon45

so you are pretty much saying that taking it is no big deal. If somebody stole something from you would you buy it back.

This is the attitude i'm talking about. You guys show American flags, so in America people keep guns to protect themselves and property even though 99 percent of those people got things that bums won't want.

This is Chinese national treasure. It is more than apparent the disrespect shown here. But there's a chinese saying a men getting his revenge 10 years later is not late. Now we play the waiting game....

India was colonized i'm sure a few things were taken.

you asking thieves to return stolen goods voluntarily? fat chance:omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever people have little else to do, they go into the past exhume a dead body carry out a post mortem & re bury it.

What do Chinese intend to do about treasures that were sold by greedy Chinese ? Is it ok to let those be while we must needlessly fight over others ?

Obviously, if something was "stolen", then China needs to "steal" it back!! Your commandos should
mount missions against all of the museums that have your stolen stuff on display. If China's special forces are good, they would have no problem "recovering" China's stolen treasures from the wimpy Euroes ......

Back when China was weak, many treasures was stolen by the Brits and the French and whoever else that held a gun.Today it is still not returned, this is outrageous.
Do you have a list of items stolen, rather than bought? And if you consider the bought items stolen, do you think China should return the gold and silver that were paid for them, plus interest?

Napoleon's stolen treasure collection was given back after Napoleon's defeat -
They were? Reference, please.

This is one of the reasons I support an aggressive China. If we deserve to be looked down and looted when we were weak then when we are not things need to be different.
So you seek your own license to steal and kill, is that it?

Back
Top Bottom