What's new

CHINA SHOULD BREAKUP INDIA:THINK TANK

I was making point that his statement made no sense.

Clearly then a point made very badly. A short history lesson for you

the Qing dynasty was overthrown in 1911 during Xinhai Revolution led by Sun Yat-sen to establish a Republic. The two dominant movements in the Republic of China , were the communists and the nationalists. Initially both part of a uneasy alliance or united front, the nationalists under Chiang broke the alliance by ordering Shanghai massacre of 1927. Thus the Chinese civil war.

Mao didn't become the leader of communists until 1934 during the Long March.

Looks like the Think Tanks website doesn't work, if any one finds the original article please post the link.

I've never seen that story, in any Chinese media. (The Indian media is filled with it though).

If anyone can find a direct link to the original article, that would help.

It was a People's revolution to overthrow a corrupt KMT government.

The CPC today, is regarded as the legitimate government of China... by almost all the countries on the planet, the United Nations, and by your own government.

All the national flags represented by the members on this forum, have recognized the PRC as the legimate representative of all China.

The KMT was also recognized as the legitimate Government by most countries of the world back then as well. And yes the current Government is the legitimate Government. But I wonder what would happen if the Communist party actually allowed open and free elections with multiple politcal parties. There is a reason they wont allow a serious contender to the CPC today.

The KMT was also recognized as the legitimate Government by most countries of the world back then as well. And yes the current Government is the legitimate Government. But I wonder what would happen if the Communistr party actually allowed open and free elections with multiple politcal parties. There is a reason they wont allow a serious contender to the CPC today.

Well, according to Pew Global Research polls, the Chinese government has the highest approval rating of any national government. The Edelman Trust Barometer gives a similar result.

These are all Western polls by the way.

Can I ask you a question Thomas, have you ever been to China, and did you ask the people what they think?

Well, according to Pew Global Research polls, the Chinese government has the highest approval rating of any national government. Also, the Edelman Trust Barometer.

These are all Western polls by the way.

Then they should have nothing to fear in allowing other political parties for people to choose from.

Then they should have nothing to fear in allowing other political parties for people to choose from.

Any instability in such a large country as China, is a very dangerous thing.

Like I said, come to China, and ask the people what they think.

Very few people here, actually care about democracy. Most people on the street only care about whether or not the Government is handling the economy well.

Though there will be some venom directed at the previous administration, since Jiang Zemin was not very popular. The current leadership is doing much better.

Any instability in such a large country as China, is a very dangerous thing.

Like I said, come to China, and ask the people what they think.

Very few people actually care about democracy, most people on the street only care about whether or not the Government is handling the economy well.

Beside the point, it's China's choice. He should stop to think that it wouldn't be very "democratic" to force decisions onto other nations.

Beside the point, it's China's choice. He should stop to think that it wouldn't be very "democratic" to force decisions onto other nations.

I never said anything about forcing China to do anything. Just let the Chinese people decide for themselves. Like I said if the CPC has so much support then they have nothing to fear.

A foolish and stupid topic already discussed to death by the so called "Senior Members". Seems every six months some random poster comes up with it on google search and there comes up another trolling thread. Filled with stinking complexes of people with hatred and superiority complex.

I never said anything about forcing China to do anything. Just let the Chinese people decide for themselves. Like I said if the CPC has so much support then they have nothing to fear.

They DO have something to fear. Widespead instability, and the risk of derailing our economic growth, for no good reason at all.

Bottom line: China today... is doing extremely well. No one wants to take the "risk" of changing the political system, and potentially damaging our economic boom.

We've got a good thing going here, churning out trillions in GDP every year, and growing at double-digits.

Who wants to risk throwing all that away?

It's a fallacious argument, "if China doesn't want democracy, it should have an election to find out". Besides members in China have said it better than I, "the CCP should have some city elections and see how badly these pro-democracy people will lose to the CCP"

Also you and the US can drop this, "we have the best interest of the common Chinese people at heart". No one believes it anymore. Democracy is the cheapest way that the US can get rid of China's challenge to the status quo, is to undermine it from the within and replacing the government with amicable and useless puppets.

A foolish and stupid topic already discussed to death by the so called "Senior Members". Seems every six months some random poster comes up with it on google search and there comes up another trolling thread. Filled with stinking complexes of people with hatred and superiority complex.

No one was taking the initial article serious (it's been posted numerous times before like you said) but people here without fail brought up the DL and here we are.

As I know it's CPC party members everywhere who always say bad words or should let out some change about their party.

Also the US should drop this, "we have the best interest of the common Chinese at heart". No one believes it anymore.

LOL, China is growing at double-digits, and looking to replace America as the largest economy in the world. Everything is going China's way, we are churning out the cash, and raising more people out of poverty than any other country in history.

Then SUDDENLY we have all these "kind-hearted folk", who look down on us as brainwashed sheep.

Please change your system. They say.

Why fix something that isn't broken? We say. Why should we risk derailing our economic growth?

Answer: So that mainland Chinese can use FACEBOOK! Nevermind the fact that we already have our own Chinese-language social networking sites. Without Facebook, we will never be human beings like they are.

Back
Top Bottom