What's new

China seen behind Japan's failed Turkey arms deal

Abe thinks on the long term. Turkey has to choose between China or Japan in his eyes. If Turkey and Japan start other projects like joint fighter or something similar. China could steal information and make crap copies.
Turkey buys weapon from many, many countries.
Turkey bought weapon from China way before and has already some military relationship with China.
By that logic, all the weapons technology that Turkey has already bought would leak to China.
That logic is very rude to Turkey.
Turkey bought all this weapon to defend itself.
Turkey obviously would protect these technology that is essential for her own defence.
Well, the deal did not go through, I do not think Japanese tank engine is that great anyway. Turkey could source from other country that has better engine.

After so much boasting from Turkey. Still an obedient servant of China.

In partnership talks, it is common to have minor obstacles, this is just one. As confidence measures increase, these arms export deals should open again. I have confidence in our Japanese-Turkish cooperation.

No need to implicate China in the fallout of this deal. China has no need for Japan's second-rate tank engines, so there was never any fear of leakage to China. Instead, the article already tells us why the deal was scrapped:
But the deal hit a wall when Ankara told Tokyo it was looking into the possibility of selling its tanks to Islamic countries, including Pakistan and Azerbaijan, which are currently engaged in conflict.

Turkey couldn't help but expose its most base nomad instincts to sell off the engines to third parties for the quickest buck. The problem here is nomads have no concept of property ownership. They don't even believe in land ownership, or even the idea of settling the land. They just know that land can be traveled through and exploited to collect its fruits (or kebabs). Same problem here. Turkey hadn't realized that the proprietary engine technology constitutes "value" in itself, and selling it off to collect easy profits would offend their business partner.

There will be even more broken hopes and misunderstandings to come, as long as one tries to navigate the sedentary world with a nomad mentality.

In partnership talks, it is common to have minor obstacles, this is just one. As confidence measures increase, these arms export deals should open again. I have confidence in our Japanese-Turkish cooperation.

they were going to be reversed Engineered anyways,so good that the deal fell through

Abe thinks on the long term. Turkey has to choose between China or Japan in his eyes. If Turkey and Japan start other projects like joint fighter or something similar. China could steal information and make crap copies.

First come up with a copy, then the rest of the world will decide who is crap and who is not. Right now you don't even have one of your own so lets just leave it at that.

Not necessarily. For example if Turkey bought air defence from China, which we didn't buy by the way, China could steal NATO secret information, this doesn't mean that NATO doesn't trust Turkey, it means they don't trust those god damned Chines.

How does you logic work? if you purchase from China, it leads to China copying?
You either trust or you don't trust, by the sound of things, it appears they don't trust you because you seem somewhat "leaky".

Watch your mouth. Nobody wants your crap copies.

Again, first come up with your own before referring to others as "crap copies".

How Chinese tank could hurt Japanese ? unless Japan plan to invade China again ?
BoQ77, you should spend more time with your wife and stop visiting PDF. She is lonely and you know that lonely Vietnamese woman might just dump you and go marry a peasant from China.

First come up with a copy, then the rest of the world will decide who is crap and who is not. Right now you don't even have one of your own so lets just leave it at that.

You either trust or you don't trust, by the sound of things, it appears they don't trust you because you seem somewhat "leaky".

We don't need to make crap copies. Serious countries like US, Japan, Turkey don't have the need to pretend they have stuff we don't. We will make the actual product and the present it. Not make crap copies and flying vessels to trick the general public.

Turkey has the MBT Altay. They have impressive military research and technology capabilities. Do some research before you make a fool out of yourself, again.

Turkey has the MBT Altay. They have impressive military research and technology capabilities. Do some research before you make a fool out of yourself, again.

Ixactly, Turkey have a credible/respectable military research and tech capabilities compared to other in the middle east. However, i agree with Obambam(or whatever that name means.lool). Turkey cant be calling chinese stuffs crap meanwhile they are several decades behind China in all fields. They are not in the same leagues, As i said before you shouldnt make fun of a country which is still way way ahead of you in all aspect. bow your head down and strive to surpass them before making fun of them. This applies to Russians making fun of the west/U.S, Bengladeshi making fun of India, Vietnamese making fun of China, Chinese making fun of Japanese, etc. :cheers:
By the way how are you doing my friend? i heard you teach in a University in the U.S?:woot: Thats impressive.:-)

Ixactly, Turkey have a credible/respectable military research and tech capabilities compared to other in the middle east. However, i agree with Obambam(or whatever that name means.lool). Turkey cant be calling chinese stuffs crap meanwhile they are several decades behind China in all fields. They are not in the same leagues, As i said before you shouldnt make fun of a country which is still way way ahead of you in all aspect. bow your head down and strive to surpass them before making fun of them. This applies to Russians making fun of the west/U.S, Bengladeshi making fun of India, Vietnamese making fun of China, Chinese making fun of Japanese, etc. :cheers:
By the way how are you doing my friend? i heard you teach in a University in the U.S?:woot: Thats impressive.:-)

There are some issues that have to be ironed out, but I have no doubt of the relationship Japan has with Turkey.

OT: I've been doing good, Mike. Not so excited because I have to go back to work this Monday. How bout you? How has your summer been? (Seems like our summer has flown by eh? Its almost September!) :woot:

Future possibility for Pakistan to start business with the friendly Japanese.

BoQ77, you should spend more time with your wife and stop visiting PDF. She is lonely and you know that lonely Vietnamese woman might just dump you and go marry a peasant from China.

what is wrong with you ? where is chinese women ?

We don't need to make crap copies. Serious countries like US, Japan, Turkey don't have the need to pretend they have stuff we don't. We will make the actual product and the present it. Not make crap copies and flying vessels to trick the general public.

Yes very serious indeed. I guess that explains why you are not the second largest economy nor do you possess the capabilities to manufacture your own defensive systems.
Now cut the "we will" or "we shall" and just do it. Until then, refrain from calling others "crap copies", because yours is not even that.;)

And the Chinese are the third biggest arms manufacturer in the world, a nuclear power, and one of only two nations able to put a space station into space. If those are not impressive enough then I don't know what is. So don't embarrass yourself and stick with what you know. :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom