What's new

China says Turkey president offered support over restive Xinjiang

Poem is about speaking up before it is to late. President Xi has been tightening his grip on the communist party and state, if he violates the two term limit imposed after Mao, he will destabilise the party. People like yourself should be questioning his policies, eventually they will impact on you. You may think its only minorities being targeted, so your fine with that but in future you or family could be targeted, who you gonna complain too? As poem states no one left to protest.

Where did you find so call "two term limit" in our constitution? No offense, I just want be national as everyone else should be.

I don't take your comments personally. But it could be quite frustrating if you use western concept to judge China.

Please please don't use western "Party" to judge CCP. CCP is NOT western party at all. If you think that way, you may not understand and agree what we are doing or why we are doing it.

I respect your comments, or disagreement. That's the point we are here for discussion.

Where did you find so call "two term limit" in our constitution? No offense, I just want be national as everyone else should be.

I don't take your comments personally. But it could be quite frustrating if you use western concept to judge China.

Please please don't use western "Party" to judge CCP. CCP is NOT western party at all. If you think that way, you may not understand and agree what we are doing or why we are doing it.

I respect your comments, or disagreement. That's the point we are here for discussion.

There was a vote lifting two term limit, in your equivalent of uk Parliament. Look it up all leaders since 1990s served 2 terms. A decent system, in my opinion.

I wish I can be targetted, I didn't know so many of my classmates are minorities until when major make or break exams happened, they filled out the forms to claim that they are minorities so they can get those extra points which enables them to go to better schools.

Affirmative action in China
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action_in_China

I learned that many of them are only half minority from only one of their parents who are very likely also half of minority as well.

I am personally against removal of term limits and hope Xi can step down after his two term limit is up, but still, do you know how many terms has Erdogan served in Turkey, I don't remeber who was the guy before him.

Everyone knows this poem and in China its Chinese version is also very popular, but if you compare the Chinese government with Nazi Germany, you are very delusional, China is arguably the most successful country in this century where people enjoy their increasingly affluent life, the majority of the Chinese population strongly support this government.

马丁·尼莫勒:"起初,他们带走了……"
First they came for the Communists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Communist

https://www.dw.com/zh/%E9%A9%AC%E4%B8%81%E5%B0%BC%E8%8E%AB%E5%8B%92%E8%B5%B7%E5%88%9D%E4%BB%96%E4%BB%AC%E5%B8%A6%E8%B5%B0%E4%BA%86/a-46471117

Glad you agree with me on term limits. Turkish leader should not aim to rule indefinitely. Absolute power corrupts. The poor decisions Xi had undertaken has damaged PRC soft power. China growth is not down to one person, multiple groups were involved in its rise. I fear china could go down the wrong path, if the leaders are surrounded by yes men.

Glad you agree with me on term limits. Turkish leader should not aim to rule indefinitely. Absolute power corrupts. The poor decisions Xi had undertaken has damaged PRC soft power. China growth is not down to one person, multiple groups were involved in its rise. I fear china could go down the wrong path, if the leaders are surrounded by yes men.
China follows collective leadership after 1990's and Xi himslef was a compromise among the leaders of China's previous government, he was came out as a surprise actually. western media makes people believe Chinese government is one man band, just another lie among so many others, as for who will succeed Xi, there are different accounts from different sources, we'll just wait and see.

There was a vote lifting two term limit, in your equivalent of uk Parliament. Look it up all leaders since 1990s served 2 terms. A decent system, in my opinion.
I don't think there was a term limit but there was an age limit. people can argue that's a discrimination against senior citizens.

There was no such two term limit, but I agree there is tradition since Deng Xiaoping. I don't think unlimited term is good.

I am not sure if you are familiar with CCP politics. China is undergoing a very challenging situation in next 10-15 years. Xi is the right leader to fix legacy problems left by predecessor whose political base is relatively weak. Xi definitely need more than 10 years to transform China while deal with the sour grape - America.

Nothing is absolute, the principle is dead once you make it absolute. Politics always need some flexibility. Just look at UK, political deadlock.

Bro, you have systematic thinking. Every geopolitical issues nowadays are interrelated. The US/UK tactics may not backfire to them badly, because Five Eyes are sea power states.

US is an island, so are UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. They are hyenas, searching for easy targets, attack then defense, attack again.

Pakistan and China can't do the same as Five Eyes. Any hostility must be taken care of very carefully.

There are many different examples of where a policy tactic can backfire on the US which doesn't involve military action. In conventional warfare no country is in the same league has America. But American foreign policy is changing and this will have an effect on its alliance with its traditional allies. Saudi Arabia is one such example. I can see them pivot closer to China and Russia.

Pakistan and China must not fight 100 battles. It should pick and choose a battle when it suits there interests. Pakistan has virtually won the war in Afghanistan, this means Central Asia will fall in the influence of China (Pakistan's friend) and Russia. The old game will change into a new game.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom