What's new

China says Indonesian navy shot at Chinese fishermen

Status
Not open for further replies.
A debate on this is useless. We should acknowledge that the disputed area is too far away from our key naval or air force bases. The only solution to settle down the issue is to work even harder and make our military forces stronger and stronger.

Indonesia need an aircraft carrier, I think.
There is agreed boundary between Indonesia and Vietnam.
China violated both Vietnam and Indonesia EEZ by dashed line

Chinese CG ships intercepted Indonesian CG ship in Indonesia EEZ, is it allowed ?

Same acts oF Chinese CG ships against PH, VN ... Recorded too.
That because Indonesia is pulling the fisherman inside their 12nm when the incident occurred outside.

How is Vietnam even related to this thread?
I was just making an example as these two are the most likely to get shot by us but of course, our navy doesn't have a thirst for blood.

That because Indonesia is pulling the fisherman inside their 12nm when the incident occurred outside.

Indonesia claimed to seize any illegal fishering inside their eez

EEZ is international water. So everyone can trespass in EEZ. Let be clear about that.
But not everyone has the right to conduct economic activity (such as fishing) in this area. This right is exclusive.

Well, if Chinese Navy at 1965 had the strength as today then indonesia will become surface of the moon. But, don't worry we will help you to turn your islands to the surface of the Mars soon.

We will see... in the mean time... let us enjoy the show when we blow up some illegal boats...

Basically, East Timor knows who backed them the most and will keep support them.

Yeah, they know who backed them the most and will give support. Like when they support Indonesia on Australia or Papua issue.

Of course we need to pull them to the port for further inspection.

There is agreed boundary between Indonesia and Vietnam. China violated both Vietnam and Indonesia EEZ by dashed line

Civilized nation settle their dispute with civilized manner. They respect each other right. On the other hand...

Last edited:
But not everyone has the right to conduct economic activity (such as fishing) in this area. This right is exclusive.

We will see... in the mean time... lets us enjoy the show when we blow up some illegal boats...

Yeah, they know who backed them the most and will give support. Like when they support Indonesia on Australia or Papua issue.

Civilized nation settle their dispute with civilized manner. They respect each other right.

That means China doesnt respect Indonesia Boundary.
Vietnam CG meet no China CG ships interception , while seized Chinese ship illegal operate in our water, not limit to 12nm , west of agreed boundary ( with China ) in Gulf of Tonkin

Indonesia claimed to seize any illegal fishering inside their eez
That is one of the misunderstand we are trying to reach with our Indonesian friends. Historically as we said traditionally, we fish there, including the Vietnamese fisherman. Now all of a sudden, Indo is using force. That is new and our Indo friends are not even giving us time to negotiate and to reach with our fishermen about the newly established rules.

That is an area we need to talk. You think that is your EEZ but an EEZ has to be recognized.

Using force in EEZ is a new development in SCS. It is something we are not used to. I can assure you our officials will have a frank and friendly talk with our Indo counterpart to solve this conflicting perspective. In the meantime, let us all be professional and don't use bullet against fisherman. It's not nice in the 21st century.

Man, this is geopolitics forum anyway, post clever statements about geopolitical strategy regarding this issue, like why China needs to be bold in their nine dash claim over Indonesia EEZ, What is behind this strategy, etc, etc

Other poster (like Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian, etc) don't need to be afraid to post their opinion since it is just a forum any way.

Changing words will not do any help....... :butcher:

That is one of the misunderstand we are trying to reach with our Indonesian friends. Historically as we said traditionally, we fish there, including the Vietnamese fisherman. Now all of a sudden, Indo is using force. That is new and our Indo friends are not even giving us time to negotiate and to reach with our fishermen about the newly established rules.

That is an area we need to talk. You think that is your EEZ but an EEZ has to be recognized.

Both follows UNCLOS, you know. There isnt anything related China EEZ there, there couldnt be any overlapped water between China and Indonesia as intl law.

If that is true, we can laid back and enjoy a much bigger show after.
Perfect... then i'll let you enjoy your time ;)

That is an area we need to talk. You think that is your EEZ but an EEZ has to be recognized. Using force in EEZ is a new development in SCS. It is something we are not used to. I can assure you our officials will have a frank and friendly talk with our Indo counterpart to solve this conflicting perspective. In the meantime, let us all be professional and don't use bullet against fisherman. It's not nice in the 21st century.

With all due respect sir. Our EEZ is recognized internationally and respected by our surrounding neighbor, except... you know who. Our official have made statement today, that Indonesia will uphold our sovereignty and defend it at all cost. But we will seek diplomatic mean to solve the issue and maintain good relation with any countries.

Right
xin_f5928866584f4cc4b41a19953001f1c0.jpg

Right..
sby_dan_xanana_1.jpg

Last edited:
Other poster (like Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian, etc) don't need to be afraid to post their opinion since it is just a forum any way.

No one is afraid here mate they just don't want to indulge in the obnoxious poo slinging that comes up with the mere mention of the word "China" and being Indians, our monikers are far far more likely to turn pink.:agree:

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. - George Bernard Shaw

Using force in EEZ is a new development in SCS. It is something we are not used to.

You reminded me on other cases lead to Chinese fishboats sunk by canon, or fishermen clash lead to 1 or more deaths, or seize ... In Russian Eez, South Korea eez, Argentina eez...

Both follows UNCLOS, you know. There isnt anything related China EEZ there, there couldnt be any overlapped water between China and Indonesia as intl law.

Yup, nine dash line means that China want to be treated like Archipelagic nation which is illogical, only Indonesia and Philippine can get that privilege based on UNCLOS.

If China somehow wants to make SCS as their administrative territory in the future that means many nations will depend on China on their Asia Pacific trading so getting couple of miles into Indonesia EEZ is just a useless act.

So it means China SCS claim is more toward emotional satisfaction than any rational/ strategic thinking (my opinion)

You reminded me on other cases lead to Chinese fishboats sunk by canon, or fishermen clash lead to 1 or more deaths, or seize ... In Russian Eez, South Korea eez, Argentina eez...

Well, I don't remember Russian and SK sunk Chinese Fishing ships or any casualties (besides 1 Chinese fisherman and 1 SK CG dead.)
Argentina did sunk one but I don't see any casualties.

No one is afraid here mate they just don't want to indulge in the obnoxious poo slinging that comes up with the mere mention of the word "China" and being Indians, our monikers are far far more likely to turn pink.:agree:

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. - George Bernard Shaw

Well, we don't need to respond back into that level if some one like to do thing like that. I guess we are here to discuss something. Just ignore some people who tend to get emotional on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom