What's new

China’s India War — How the Chinese Saw the Conflict

In the hind sight it happened for the good. If not for China India war, India would not have been this strong.

Miltarily, China India war was the turning point for India.

For China, they made an eternal enemy down south

In the hind sight it happened for the good. If not for China India war, India would not have been this strong.

Quite agree with you!!

That was the root cause, the short-term trigger was Nehru's forward policy.

I really don't know how Nehru expected China to react to the forward policy.

Surely he must have known that it would not (and could not) be tolerated. As the author says, it was an open challenge to war.

The problem here is we are sending all the wrong signals to new dehli, by announcing we will not fire first, and constantly telling Nehru we want a peaceful settlement, doing nothing when our guards is facing frequent challenges from indians and we even withdrew our troops 20km from the border to seek for a peaceful settlement. all of this unfortunetly for Nehru he interpreted as china weakness hence the implemation of the forward policy.

Exactly my thoughts.

If It wasnt an embrassment for us in 62 war, the India today would have been a different country militarily by now. Thanks to Nehrus akward foresightedness and his ignorant foreign policy and obsession with west.

there were many times when I had to thank for the loss in 62 war.65 war, 69 skirmish, 71 war took the clear note of what we are made upof and acted accordingly and came out vicotrious. On the other hand they proved a vital point as well. Trusting ruskies will let you break enemy into pieces while trusting yankees will leave an embrassment for yourself.( Apparently Pakistan has been in the same situation soo much like Indies during 62 while placing their bets on yankees.It was a good eye opener that whoever trusts yankees,be it either south vietnamese or pakistanis or Indies..... will have to face clear embrassment)

Another interesting outcome of the 62 war like the poster said in the quote above is Chinas making of an eternal enemy right next to its border and a strategically important IOR.
I bet you on this that no matter how your generals put a smiley face when they have to talk about IOR, its simply a pivotal point and gathers all the attention.Its not because of chinas trade also happens through the region, but also becos of a prophecy i heard people saying is: Whoever controls the Indian Ocean,controls the world.Brits controlled it during the colonial period and so is their hegemony all over the world. And now yankees are controlling it which is thier apparent projection of power over the world. And we donno who is gonna control it in the future.But visibly Yankees control is going down with new players asserting their strength.

And also an advantage of the 62 war is India becoming nuclear. If India and china did have remained freinds India forsure wouldnt have took the job of nuclear bum making.

this is just an excuse to make yourself feel good of yours mistakes in 1962

wrong it was india that started the war so logicly for india you just made an eternal enermy up north.

this is just an excuse to make yourself feel good of yours mistakes in 1962

wrong it was india that started the war so logicly for india you just made an eternal enermy up north.

But a wise and clever general going by geograhy easily points out who is in best position today. Certainly not China.Well..... let stop there for now.

Every one agrees and accepts that Nehru has took as many wrong decisions as possible.
If I am a primeminister of a state,I will certainly go by my generals words and not by some foreign countries words.This is the first blunder that Nehru made( simply listening to US).In this very first blunder, you lost faith of your own generals.You brought thier morale down( this is a never to go thing during war time)
The morale lets the solider fights in hard times and make the generals wise and took corrective decisions. Both of these were failed.

Afterall, 62 war was a witness of how a defence organisation should be running.PM shouldnt dominate the whole spectrum.A politician(mostly of Nehru types) should only act as politicians and shouldnt be strategy planners.And the fallout of that would be a big embrassment.

You cant blame a dead person for his mistakes, unfortunately we the living population of the nation has to take the embrassment.

I personally want friendly relations with China...but what to do, the Chinese think we are hosting Dalai Lama to instigate insurgencies in China. But that's not true. We just gave him refuge. For that matter, we gave refuge to Tsleema Nasreen also. Does that mean we are looking to create trouble in B'desh also? Hell NO!!!

^^^^,
At one point they said India is a land of refuges.Offering shelter to the one in need off was never meant as a confrontation.It depends on what side of the coin you look at.

Adding later:I am pretty much happy with the current situation.
i.e not friends and not sworn enemies.this keeps up literally everything suspicious and people active to care about evey possible eventuality.

Honestly, if there is no enemity with china, there is no point of having a military for India.

Wow..... :rofl: ...... you should thank China for 1962 then, made India the military superpower it is today like a South Asian Sparta :rofl:

The past is the past. The past should not affect the present in this case.

I personally want friendly relations with China...but what to do, the Chinese think we are hosting Dalai Lama to instigate insurgencies in China. But that's not true. We just gave him refuge. For that matter, we gave refuge to Tsleema Nasreen also. Does that mean we are looking to create trouble in B'desh also? Hell NO!!!
What if China hosted Kashmir or Maoist militants as refugees? Would you believe it was an "innocent" move? Of course not.

Yet India is to be granted unconditional trust?

What if China hosted Kashmir or Maoist militants as refugees? Would you believe it was an "innocent" move? Of course not.

Yet India is to be granted unconditional trust?

Cmon, dont act like innocent.China is already doing what is best to hurt India. Lets not go back to sqaure one again talking about how china armed pakistan against India and its doing in Occupied Kashmir. Dont let me digg out those old reports of chinese arms recovered from maoist caches.It was well proved that china already hosting and supporting maoists in the NE.

Whatever china is doing is certainly not In India`s interest. I think same goes vice versa. Hence its better for both parties to bring out those shiny swords out with real intentions rather than covering them with honey and say hey my sword is full of honey and it wont hurt you.......Arent those day gone with Nehru?

Cmon, dont act like innocent.China is already doing what is best to hurt India. Lets not go back to sqaure one again talking about how china armed pakistan against India and its doing in Occupied Kashmir. Dont let me digg out those old reports of chinese arms recovered from maoist caches.It was well proved that china already hosting and supporting maoists in the NE.
Somalian pirates used Chinese Type 56 rifles too. That must mean China actively supports piracy right? Hell, Chinese weapons are so widely available, every rebel movement in the world probably has them. In fact, I even saw Tamil Tigers with Type 95 rifle. According to you, China supports those terrorists too?

Indians with their paranoia.

Whatever china is doing is certainly not In India`s interest. I think same goes vice versa. Hence its better for both parties to bring out those shiny swords out with real intentions rather than covering them with honey and say hey my sword is full of honey and it wont hurt you.......Arent those day gone with Nehru?
Nehru did tried the hard way, and he failed miserably.

Back
Top Bottom