What's new

China’s e-passport maps irk neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.
arunachal & south china sea i can understand,
but why is India protesting with china showing "aksai chin" in their map ? when its already under Chinese control , then why wont they show it in their map ?

but why is India protesting with china showing "aksai chin" in their map ? when its already under Chinese control , then why wont they show it in their map ?

Aksai chin is area which we have to take from china in near future....

We can understand these words coming from you. :hitwall: You neither know the meaning of sovereignty nor Integrity :disagree:

& where is the integrity of the sovereignty of a place which you don't even control ? "aksai chin" is under China & not India its called : ground reality

If you understand "ground reality" so well, stop sulking about J&K and also help your friend in understanding the "ground reality" in regard to AP. Ok with that??

your protest means nothing for me.
I only care your real acting. Do Chinese have problem to enter Philippine with new passport? no. nothing happens

Yup that's true Civilized law and peace and stability means nothing to china or to you for that i thank you for showing my point that you are nothing but a country of arrogance and stupidity thank you for showing your neighbors your that ugly face of chinese imperialism.

Yup that's true Civilized law and peace and stability means nothing to china or to you for that i thank you for showing my point that you are nothing but a country of arrogance and stupidity thank you for showing your neighbors your that ugly face of chinese imperialism.

If you want to claim the Spratly Islands as sovereign Philipino territory then you do not only have to take it up with China but also with Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei that all claim the whole or parts of the Spratly Islands. And isn't that imperialism too? And don't give us the usual Philipino BS that China never claimed the Spratly Islands before the 1970's since Taiwan is also laying claim to the Spratly Islands which means that the claims over these islands predates the founding of the modern state that currently excist on China the PRC.

Ohh. A non Urdu speaking Pakistani. Dint see that coming. :)

What i said is,

We use to show complete Kashmir as ours but now we have accepted the possession factor ans include only that area which we control. U can refer to current Maps. This shows we dont want anything that Pakistanis currently own and are serious about peace.

I said,

We have improved for good, Now Chinese shud too. Pakistan will automatically get improved. All these countries shud improve for comman man's sake.

lol buddy how u can u say that he is using urdu ur using alphabets of english and saying some1 else dsnt knw urdu lol

India and China quarrel over their maps on passport and visa stamps

India and China fought a month-long war fifty years ago that did not resolve their mountainous border dispute. Since then, the two Asian rivals have found many ways of reminding each other about the frozen state of their disagreement.

In the latest row, their quarrel over each country’s maps actually shows up on the images of their passports and visas.

Beijing recently began issuing new e-passports showing watermarks of two regions — the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh that China claims and the disputed Aksai Chin that China occupies — as Chinese territory

That did not go down well in New Delhi.

Now, the Indian Embassy in Beijing is doing a tit-for-tat with its own map. It has started stamping its version of the Indian map on visas issued to Chinese citizens, one that includes the two regions.

However, India is not the only nation upset by the new Chinese passports: They also show images of the disputed, resource-rich islands in the South China Sea as Chinese territory, islands that Vietnam and the Philippines also claim.

Despite a series of continuing and cordial talks between Beijing and New Delhi, during which they have even exchanged their respective ground maps, relations between the two countries remain strained.

This is not the first time that India and China, who share about 2,400 miles of border, have squabbled over maps and passports.

Two years ago, China caused much irritation among Indian officials when it began stapling the visas of residents of Kashmir, a Himalayan province where Indian troops are fighting to put down a Pakistan-backed separatist Islamist insurgency for more than two decades. By stapling the visas, instead of stamping them, Beijing was declaring that they regarded Kashmir was a disputed region as well.

Indian officials had to sternly remind Beijing in 2010 to be “sensitive” to its concerns about Kashmir, just as New Delhi is sensitive to Beijing’s attitude about Tibet.

Earlier this year, Beijing declined to issue a visa to an Indian air force officer who hails from Arunachal Pradesh. The row led New Delhi to cut the size of the military delegation that visited China in January.
India and China quarrel over their maps on passport and visa stamps

Taiwan protests Chinese passports over territory claim
Published: 23/11/2012 at 07:47 PM | Online news: Asia

446332.jpg

This handout photo from Taiwan's Nantou County government shows thousands of swimmers taking part in the island's Sun Moon Lake festival in September 2012. Taiwan has protested after China started issuing new passports with maps that feature two of the island's most famous scenic spots as part of Chinese territory.

Taiwan on Friday protested after China started issuing new passports with maps that feature two of the island's most famous scenic spots as part of Chinese territory.

Taiwan's President Ma Ying-jeou urged China not to "unilaterally damage the status quo of the hard-fought stability across the Taiwan Strait", his office said in a statement.

China's new computer-chipped passports are equipped with a map that covers Sun Moon Lake and Cingshui Cliff, both popular tourist destinations on Taiwan.

The Mainland Affairs Council, the island's top China policy-making body, stressed that Taiwan "is an independent sovereign country".

"China should recognise the facts that the two sides have ruled separately... and exercise self-restraint when faced with controversies," the council said.

China still regards Taiwan as part of its territory awaiting reunification, by force if necessary, even though the island has ruled itself since the end of a civil war in 1949.

Tensions lingered between the two sides for decades until Ma assumed the presidency in 2008 on a Beijing-friendly platform, adopting a series of policies to boost trade and civil exchanges.

China's new passports also provoked protests by the Philippines and Vietnam for showing various islands in the South China Sea as being in its territory despite overlapping sovereignty claims.

Beijing attempted Thursday to downplay the diplomatic fallout from the recently introduced passports, with a foreign ministry spokeswoman saying the maps were "not made to target any specific country".

Taiwan protests Chinese passports over territory claim | Bangkok Post: news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom