What's new

China’s Brutal One-Child Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to make a correction.

The drive was not caste based at all. It was target based.

Each Govt & Part functionary was given targets by Sanjay Gandhi to achieve based on which things like promotions etc depended. Incentives like transistor radios etc were offered .

People went overboard and either fudged figures or forced people. buses were stopped outside sterilization camps & males were vasectomy carried out.

There were no caste overtones.

Good attempt to troll.

What is being discussed is forced abortions by the state.

then how is it that 90% castrated males were lower caste/untouchable category?

then how is it that 90% castrated males were lower caste/untouchable category?

Where are you getting this from ?

There is a difference between castration & vasectomy.

i read about it a while back. like i said, although i condemn this, i understand why she attempted it

Someone is attempting to poison your mind.

Can you share the link where you read this ?

My dad grew up in Delhi and he did tell me once that Sanjay Gandhi and his minions did carry out forced vasectomies, primarily directed at poor and unprivileged. Read this

Rukhsana Sultana, this exotic femme fatale of the Emergency, is a glamorous 31-year-old divorcee from Delhi. During the Emergency, her prime pre-occupation was propagating the cause of Sanjay Gandhi-motivating sterilisation drives in Delhi's politically hypersensitive Muslim quarters in and around Jama Masjid. She induced 13,000 vasectomies in less than a year, a campaign that erupted in rioting and violent clashes with the police and resulted in bloody deaths. Rukhsana believes she took up the campaign because, like a latter-day Joan of Arc, she heard a call from above. It was Sanjay's call to the youth of the country. Her adulation for him is only matched by her adulation for herself. "Sanjay," she says, "is the most human of human beings. I am loyal only to him. Why should I work now?"

Rukhsana Sultana: diehearted follower of Sanjay Gandhi : 30 Years Ago on India Today - India Today

Good attempt to troll.

What is being discussed is forced abortions by the state.

One-Child Policy means Contraception and Sterilization.
force abortions only for who want break law.

My dad grew up in Delhi and he did tell me once that Sanjay Gandhi and his minions did carry out forced vasectomies, primarily directed at poor and unprivileged. Read this

Yes , it is always the poor who bear the brunt.

It was not caste specific as suggested in a poster in a post above.

One-Child Policy means Contraception and Sterilization.
force abortions only for who want break law.

Once again, thats the point ..

Instead of making laws it was found to be better to educate people who in turn chose for themselves not to have more than one child.

The Boy Vs Girl thing too went away in some India states with 100 % literacy.

Sigh - A Chinese's grasp of numbers. For every 1000 live births in India - 53 kids are dead. For every 1000 live births in China 27 kids are dead. This is besides the 330 million forced abortions!

Law is a law,forced abortion or pay fine,choice by yourself

Law is a law,forced abortion or pay fine,choice by yourself

Yes - it was once the law that an American could own slaves, it was once the law that Africans had to be segregated from white areas in South Africa under apartheid laws. Thankfully, unlike the Chinese - the citizens of these countries rose up and won against such retarded laws.

Yes , it is always the poor who bear the brunt.

It was not caste specific as suggested in a poster in a post above.

Once again, thats the point ..

Instead of making laws it was found to be better to educate people who in turn chose for themselves not to have more than one child.

The Boy Vs Girl thing too went away in some India states with 100 % literacy.

If you can pay fine,you can make lots Children.

literacy?Plz tell me what means literacy.
Chinese Children own 9 years Compulsory education from 1982.

india's growth rate is 27 million per year
according to UN you will be overtaking China by 2025
OMG, so great is your demographic dividend.
Let me be the first to congratulate you guys on this breakthrough!

india's growth rate is 27 million per year
according to UN you will be overtaking China by 2025
OMG, so great is your demographic dividend.
Let me be the first to congratulate you guys on this breakthrough!

That is not growth rate; it is just growth. Does this 27 million include refugees from China or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom