What's new

China & Russia Signs 13 Deals valued at $8 Billion

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
China & Russia Signs 13 Deals valued at $8 Billion

Representatives and financial institutions from China and Russia on Wednesday signed 13 agreements worth 8 billion U.S. dollars.

Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan and Russian Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Zhukov, the two chairmen from each side of the Joint Commission for China-Russia Regular Meetings of Heads of Government, attended the signing ceremony held at the fifth China-Russia economic and trade summit forum.

Among the deals were two financial agreements worth 236 million dollars, 10 cooperative agreements on economy and technology totalling 5.3 billion dollars, and one trade agreement worth around 320 million dollars.

The agreements covered a wide range of areas including commercial trade, investment, mining, manufacturing, construction and telecommunications equipment.

The signing of the 13 agreements has fully demonstrated the continuous deepening and broadening economic cooperation between the enterprises of China and Russia, thanks to the efforts of the governments of the two countries.

China, Russia sign 13 deals valued at 8 billion dollars

Yay:victory: China and Russia are natural allies. More should be done to integrate their economies.

Yay:victory: China and Russia are natural allies. More should be done to integrate their economies.

Guess you forgot about the Tsarist Russia stealing huge stretch of land when China was weakened, the Sino-Soviet split, the Sino-Soviet border wars, and the time the Soviets approached America to see how it would react if the Soviets nuked China's nuclear weapons program (as it was about near completion)

To be honest China has no natural allies. She has herself.

Some people never let go of ancient history...

Guess you forgot about the Tsarist Russia stealing huge stretch of land when China was weakened

The manner in which Russia approach China over the issue of land wasn't the most diplomatic. However, China signed the land over. Russia also retured some land, not much though.

the Sino-Soviet split

This was because of Mao's distaste for Khrushchev.

the Sino-Soviet border wars

China attacked first, thus it was the aggressor.

Than again none of this is relevant today.....

Last edited:
good news
it would offer great stability to the region

Some people never let go of ancient history...

The manner in which Russia approach China over the issue of land wasn't the most diplomatic. However, China signed the land over. Russia also retured some land, not much though.

This was because of Mao's distaste for Khrushchev.

China attacked first, thus it was the aggressor.

Than again none of this is relevant today.....

Didn't say it was relevant today but neither is your one line explanations of complex historical events.

china-india-russia should help each other in in stopping the concept of unipolar world.

Didn't say it was relevant today but neither is your one line explanations of complex historical events.

If it's not relevant than why did you bring it up? What purpose did it serve? Just as Germany and Russia has reconsiliated so has China and Russia, the world is very different today than it was a centry ago. As for complex explaination, i can get very detailed, and i usually do, but considering most everyone knows very well about the issues at hand there is little need to right up report over the subject.

If it's not relevant than why did you bring it up? What purpose did it serve? Just as Germany and Russia has reconsiliated so has China and Russia, the world is very different today than it was a centry ago. As for complex explaination, i can get very detailed, and i usually do, but considering most everyone knows very well about the issues at hand there is little need to right up report over the subject.

Did you not read this?

My point is not so much with Russia as I said before and only that " China has no natural allies. She has herself."

Did you not read this?

I did.

My point is not so much with Russia as I said before and only that " China has no natural allies. She has herself."

China does have ally's, does China have natural ally's? To be frank I don't even know the context of the world 'natural' when coupled with ally, I do however, issume it means that China and Russia have always been ally's, which is incorrect. In today's world of economic trade, military cooperation, and foreign interests both China and Russia have incentives to be ally's, weather this is an ally or natural ally is up for debate and interpretation.

China does have ally's, does China have natural ally's? To be frank I don't even know the context of the world 'natural' when coupled with ally, I do however, issume it means that China and Russia have always been ally's, which is incorrect. In today's world of economic trade, military cooperation, and foreign interests both China and Russia have incentives to be ally's, weather this is an ally or natural ally is up for debate and interpretation.

Agree and there is no need to bristle at what is past and gone. We Chinese are not complaining about this.

dynasty-Qing.jpg

So no worries.

Russia have alot of land but most of it in the north is quite harsh and unsuitable for living. When you look at the map their cities are huddles towards the south.

But I think they shouldn't have sold Alaska.

Russia have alot of land but most of it in the north is quite harsh and unsuitable for living. When you look at the map their cities are huddles towards the south.

Well... west actually in Europe and some population centers around the trans-Siberian railroad.

In today's world of economic trade, military cooperation, and foreign interests both China and Russia have incentives to be ally's, weather this is an ally or natural ally is up for debate and interpretation.

I have not forgotten that Tsarist Russia took a lot of China's territory; and I have certainly not forgotten that Soviet Russia repeated threatened China. But those Russias are gone and those times are over.

There's no point in crying over split milk either. Outer Manchuria is gone and China will not be getting it back in the foreseeable future.

What China needs now is to secure itself in the age of an American unipolar world. The US thrusts into Afghanistan and Iraq secure American footholds in the center of Asia. NATO continues its inexorable expansion to the east. China cannot hold off the west alone and Russia is an invaluable ally keeping American expansionism in check.

China also need high tech Russian military equipment and Russian natural resources. Our two countries also did a good job keeping up the pressure on Japan.

I realize that we shouldn't blindly trust the Russians, and I apologize if my enthusiasm came across as such, but Russians are allies by any sense of that word.

Last edited:
Now if I could only figure out where Russian involvement in NATO's missile shield fit into all this. Is it aimed at China? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom