What's new

China rejects Philippine's accusation on South China Sea issue

Gazmin: China to lose face with incursions | Inquirer News
Gazmin: China to lose face with incursions
By Dona Z. Pazzibugan
Philippine Daily Inquirer
6:22 am | Wednesday, June 8th, 2011
3 Share43

China will lose face before the international community if it continues its incursions into Philippine territory and in the disputed Spratly archipelago in the South China Sea, Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin said on Tuesday.

Gazmin said the international community will hold China to Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie’s declaration at the Asia Security Summit in Singapore over the weekend that Beijing was after peace and stability in the region.

He said Liang was very specific in saying that aggression towards other countries was not an option for the Chinese and that they were for a peaceful resolution of the dispute over the Spratlys group.

“Remember, that statement (by Liang) was made last Sunday. The incursions (occurred) before, so we now have a baseline. So anything that happens from now on is a clear violation of what he said,” Gazmin told a news briefing at the defense department on Tuesday.

“If they do that, they will lose face in the international community. They wouldn’t want to do that,” he said.

The Spratlys, a chain of islets and atolls in the South China Sea believed to sit above rich oil deposits, is claimed wholly or in part by the Philippines, China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan.

China and the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations, which includes the Philippines, signed a nonbinding accord in 2002 that called on claimants to exercise restraint and stop occupying new areas.

At the annual regional security forum in Singapore, called the “Shangri-La Dialogue” over the weekend, Gazmin and Vietnamese Defense Minister Phung Quang Thanh complained about harassment from the Chinese military in the Spratlys.

No opportunity

Gazmin said there had been an “alarming” five to six incursions by China this year in territories claimed by the Philippines. The latest incident occurred while Liang was in the country for an official visit from May 21 to 25.

Gazmin said he did not have the opportunity to bring up the latest incursion with Liang during the summit.

“It was hello and goodbye. He was very popular. A lot of people were trying to get a glimpse of him and talk with him,” he explained.

Gazmin said he had bilateral talks with his counterparts from Vietnam and Malaysia.

“We are one in resolving the disputes in a very peaceful manner. We have mechanisms that are in place in the resolution of these cases,” he said.

“All the ministers that I have talked to (said) that there should be peaceful resolution to make this area stable,” he added.

The forum was also attended by US Defense Secretary Robert Gates who expressed increasing US concern that clashes could erupt in the South China Sea unless the countries with conflicting territorial claims adopt a mechanism to settle the dispute peacefully.

Fantasy too much, what is the international community? The Philippines and Vietnam to represent the international community? Philippines and Vietnam even not represent Southeast Asia. China will maintain its own sovereignty for the identification, no matter how crazy some people to roar.

This vietnamese idiot should be ban for spamming the forum with 6 similar topic threads in less than 10 mins, how many been posted in Chinese defense? more than 12. :tdown:

This is too much. The Original Poster, Jupiter2012, has just flooded the Chinese Defense forum with EIGHT new threads on the existing topics of South China Sea, which includes Vietnam and Philippines.

1. "Naked aggression ( aggression of China government to philippin)"

2. "Philippine military accuses China in sea spat"

3. "Gazmin: China to lose face with incursions (incursive to philippin)"

4. "Beijing rocks the boat on its South China Sea quest (aggression of China)"

5. "Vietnam says Chinese boats harassed oil exploration ship"

6. "Vietnam accuses China of threatening boat researching oil-drilling sites in"

7. "Philippines says China violates accord on islands"

8. "Philippines accuses China of ‘serious violations’ in South China Sea"

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. There are already tons of existing threads on South China Sea. If he feels the need to flood, go flood the World Affairs sub-forum.

Many of the Chinese Defense threads are being drowned out by the unending stream of Vietnamese nationalists flooding our Chinese Defense sub-forum.

Moderators, please do something soon.

Thank you.

Philippine military accuses China in sea spat : FreedomWar.ORG
Philippine military accuses China in sea spat
Article by Garrison

The Philippine military Thursday accused the Chinese navy of entering Manila’s waters in the South China Sea and ordering an oil exploration vessel to leave.

A Filipino military aircraft was scrambled to the area off the Reed Bank, west of the Philippine island of Palawan to investigate the alleged incident on Wednesday, and the Chinese vessels left, Major-General Juancho Sabban said.

The area in question is a disputed part of the South China Sea, where there are multiple competing claims of sovereignty.

“The Chinese patrol boats approached the explorers, who were well within our territory, and ordered them to stop and leave the area because it’s supposedly Chinese territory,” Sabban told reporters.

“We knew it was well within our territory, so we sent a plane there to verify these reports, but the Chinese patrol boats left, presumably after their crews saw our reaction.

“It is our territory,so they have no right to tell anybody to get out of there.”

No armed confrontation took place and the oil survey crew was unharmed, he added.

The Reed Bank lies between the Philippines’ offshore Malampaya gas field and the disputed Spratly archipelago, a South China Sea chain claimed in whole or in part by Brunei, China, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam.

The claimants have been involved in several similar incidents in the past.

In one of the most high-profile incidents, the Philippine government protested the occupation by China of Philippine-claimed Mischief Reef in 1995, but Beijing brushed off calls to dismantle the structures it erected there.

Three years earlier China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, which includes the Philippines and three other Spratly claimants, signed a pact to resolve territorial disputes in the area peacefully.

Sabban said the oil survey vessel was hired from a private firm that he did notname.

A Chinese embassy spokesman did not return calls for comment on the alleged incident.

Energy ministry spokesman Joel Jorge Gaviola told AFP it was checking the report.

He said he could not immediately name the company that had been granted a service contract by the government to explore for oil in the area.

About the Author

Local, national and international news. Balita.com is your premiere source for Filipino news, Fil-am news & Phil-am news.

More Chinese Protest Articles

This vietnamese idiot should be ban for spamming the forum with 6 similar topic threads in less than 10 mins, how many been posted in Chinese defense? more than 12. :tdown:

ah, you want to invade sea of other country so you want to ban me? do you know this is international forum, not your home, ok? i have right to post article for everyone read. ok? this is china defence so i post about China, ok?

This is too much. The Original Poster, Jupiter2012, has just flooded the Chinese Defense forum with SEVEN new threads on the existing topics of South China Sea, which includes Vietnam and Philippines.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. There are already tons of existing threads on South China Sea. If he feels the need to flood, go flood the World Affairs board.

Many of the Chinese Defense threads are being drowned out by the unending flood of Vietnamese nationalists flooding our Chinese Defense sub-forum.

Moderators, please do something soon.

Thank you.

Its useless, i been PM the mod regarding spamming from this idiot, posting 7 threads of south china sea conflict in less than 20 mins and still counting regardless more than 10 been running, but no action been taken, let it be pal, may be the management wish to turn this into a vietnamese forum for good.

I don't understand why you guys are so pi**ed at the Viets opening threads. The topics I suppose are related to China. So what's the fuss all about?

I don't understand why you guys are so pi**ed at the Viets opening threads. The topics I suppose are related to China. So what's the fuss all about?

You want me to open EIGHT repetitive threads in Indian defense sub-forum on Indian poverty?

----------

Anyway, this is my last post. I'll check back in during July. If the Vietnamese are still flooding the forum, I won't come back until next year.

Mods can either create a Vietnamese sub-forum or stop the trolls.

Goodbye, my friends.

they fear international community see black face so they do this. I'm patient to discuss with them but they don't want to this. They use trick so i post this papers to give other people information^^ this is true, i think i don't do false.^^

Fantasy too much, what is the international community? The Philippines and Vietnam to represent the international community? Philippines and Vietnam even not represent Southeast Asia. China will maintain its own sovereignty for the identification, no matter how crazy some people to roar.

are u have problem with ur brain? or ur govt had brainwashed and fill in false information. Haha,

You want me to open EIGHT repetitive threads in Indian defense sub-forum on Indian poverty?

----------

Anyway, this is my last post. I'll check back in during July. If the Vietnamese are still flooding the forum, I won't come back until next year.

Mods can either create a Vietnamese sub-forum or stop the trolls.

Goodbye, my friends.

Umm...I guess you should leave that to the mods. At times, we too have simultaneous poverty and toilet threads running. So not a big deal. And I guess every thread created here is somewhat different. Anyways, I would leave that to the mods.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

they fear international community see black face so they do this. I'm patient to discuss with them but they don't want to this. They use trick so i post this papers to give other people information^^ this is true, i think i don't do false.^^

haha, I thought so! Anyways that's not my concern.

Your Chinese Red Lines is clearly violating our country's sea( also Phi,May and Bru)
To Indian friends: the list go on with a alot country that near china, well maybe just except Pk(temporaryly- I think )

Till Now China has problem with almost all neighbours like Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, India, SK. Latin America + U.S. + Europe + Australasia too. Russia and Indonesia neutral as of Now. China is always aggressive. They don't understand ground realities. :sniper:

China's best friends --> Pakistan, Sudan, Colombia, Tunisia, Serbia, Iraq, NK, Cuba and Morocco. ;)

Back
Top Bottom