What's new

China publicly names Pakistan for Mumbai terror attacks - indian media

The Mumbai terrorist attack was master-minded and carried out by Lashkar-e-Taiyaba (LeT)
Thanks.

I guess the support for Hafeez Sayeed sahab will end now, at least from China's side. That's all we wish for. From Pakistan we don't have high expectations(should not have any).

If Chinese want to side with India, then you can become our enemies as well.
Are you aware of the meaning of the word 'aukaat'?

I have several comments to make in relation to this documentary aired on the Chinese TV, for those members who don't know the Chinese language and Lack of the knowledge of how China's TV network works.

1) CCTV 9 is the China's documentary channel like "Discovery". This specific documentary film was made by Beijing TV and shown in BTV watermark on the film itself. BTV is only a local TV channel although Beijing is the capital of China. For people wanting to study the official policy of China, they need to watch CCTV 1(General) and CCTV 4(China International) news, and especially the <今日关注>, Chinese Today Focus/60 minutes type dipping-deep program at prime time of 21:30 every night.

2) Contrary to what has been said in the Indian news, this documentary was first on air on14/15 July 2011,not recently. Maybe it was re-broadcasted recently, but it would be wrong or premature to conclude that China has changed her stance recently and blames Pakistan under international pressure.

3) It did mention the terrorist organization of the LeT, but it did not even try to suggest or lead others to the idea that Pakistan is sponsoring or behind the attack. Please refer to my post before.

4) I don't follow terrorist attack very much and I am not quite aware of China's stance on this. But I did watch this film back then so I just want to clarify for you guys about this film.

5) I have been to India many times, went to most cities on Southern part on business trip. Personally I have met many friendly people and had some good time. If you watched the film, I think the tone of the film represents what most Chinese people's attitude for this attack. We are opposing the terrorist attack on civilians.

6) Again, as a Chinese national this is not my core interest thus knowing little about the LeT and who is behind. I started to make some searches today, and I can tell you that it is wrong to make any conclusion like those in the followings " breaking news" just appeared on the net based on this Chinese documentary which may or may not have been re-broadcasted on CCTV 9.

http://www.india.com/news/india/chi...cks-highlights-lashkar-e-taibas-role-1242266/

http://www.newsx.com/world/31419-china-airs-film-highlighting-lets-role-in-2611-mumbai-attacks

It seems that the Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hong Lei' also pays attention here. LOL
The followings are his statement made in relation to this news today (June 9) at The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.The English vision will become available tomorrow.
http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/web/fyrbt_673021/t1370932.shtml

Chinese vision
问:据报道,中央电视台纪录片频道日前播出了关于孟买爆炸案的节目,称巴基斯坦与爆炸案有关联。这与中国政府立场有区别,是否表明中国政府立场有变化?

答:经向中方媒体了解,有关节目系美国纪录片的中文译制版,其中内容不代表中国政府立场。中方在反恐问题上的立场没有变化。

Baidu Translation
Q: it is reported that the CCTV Documentary Channel has broadcast a program on the Mumbai bombings, saying Pakistan and the bombings are related. This position with the Chinese government is different, whether it shows that the Chinese government's position has changed?

Answer: the understanding to the Chinese media, chinese dubbed version of the relevant program documentaries in the United States, of which the contents do not represent the position of the Chinese government. China's position on the issue of terrorism has not changed.

My translation of Hong Lei's answer
After querying the relevant Chinese media, this documentary film is the Chinese translation copy of the original American documentary. The views contained in it does not represent Chinese government stance. China's position on the issue of terrorism has not changed.

I am sorry i am not getting it. So what is China's stance on Hafeez Sayeed, Chief of LET then?
Like I said in my previous post (#77), I did not follow this event much, thus I don't know China's official stance to your question back then. I guess whatever stance China had at that time, it hasn't changed according to his statement today.

So China supports Hafiz Saaed, a terrorist then. Good luck with that mate
Please don't pull out words from my mouth, mate. All I know is China never blamed Pakistan for this terror attacks.

Its very simple mate, terrorist is a terrorist. Theres no good or bad of them. They are all equal. Previously, your government blocked India's request even after proof. Anyways here's a link you might find interesting.
Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed has rejected Beijing’s call to prevent the practice of Islam in China. Cant post the link. Copy and Paste this in google, and Good luck supporting such creatures with this kind of ideology.
I agree with you in that there's no good or bad of the terrorist. I searched your link and like I said, I , probably most Chinese people like me, cant distinguish LeT and JuD, so are they same people?

Its very simple mate, terrorist is a terrorist. Theres no good or bad of them. They are all equal. Previously, your government blocked India's request even after proof. Anyways here's a link you might find interesting.
Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed has rejected Beijing’s call to prevent the practice of Islam in China. Cant post the link. Copy and Paste this in google, and Good luck supporting such creatures with this kind of ideology.

You want to post INTERPOL's or CIA or UN list on who Hafeez Sayeed is? No proof, man new in PDF?

interpol warrant have nothing to do with justice..
Cia have no proof against hafiz as i said they themselve issue bounty of 10 millon for information related to alledge involvement of hafiz..

Where u bhangi hide when hafiz ask u to take him in international courts he is ready to fight for his innocence there.. But your shameless state have no guts bcoz they fear that they have nothing to prove.. All they can do is write this 2 cent article to defame Pakistan.. Which are of no use. No media report them except bhnagi media..

LeT and JuD, so are they same people?

Yes they are the same, whenever a ban or something like that is about to come up on a terror org, they just change their name and registration, and continue to work. They have had many names before this. Watch this if you are interested, a session by an ex-Pakistani ambassador on how islamic terror networks work, and connected to each other, from chechnya to the subcontinent, to even east and south east asia:

Last edited:
If Chinese want to side with India, then you can become our enemies as well. We are not timid people. Indian abuse human rights of people just like the British did to your people. If you choose to shake hands with them, then Pakistani population will no longer favor China. Even though Chinese are not Muslims, we Pakistanis think highly of China, but If Chinese people love Indians, then what is the point of any alliance or friendship?

If you are really who you claimed to be, calm down. Don't declare war on us yet. And don't declare war on your all-weather friends just because they failed to hate us for a day.

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...nt-its-stand/18b2fde5514d985937a6456de7c2104b

China says documentary on LeT does not represent its stand

June 09, 2016 20:27

China today disowned a documentary shown by the state-run channels about the involvement of Pakistan-based terror group Lashkar-e-Tayiba in the Mumbai attacks, saying it is a dubbed version of an American TV programme and no way represents the government's position.

"We have contacted the Chinese media and learnt that the relevant program is a Chinese-dubbed American documentary," a brief statement put out by the Chinese foreign ministry on its website said today.

"What it (documentary) said does not represent the position of the Chinese government. China's position on the issue of counter-terrorism remains unchanged," it said. The ministry's reaction was in response to a question on the China Central Television documentary on the Mumbai terror attacks, linking Pakistan to the assault.

While it was unprecedented for CCTV to carry a documentary in which confessions of Ajmal Kasab, the lone survivor of the Mumbai attacks, was also shown, officials say it was equally rare for Chinese foreign ministry to refute the report which went against China's all weather ally Pakistan.

i want to know do Pakistanis still believe that the Mumbai terrorists were not Pakistani nationals?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom