What's new

CHINA PROVIDED Z10 HELICOPTER TO PAKISTAN

it would be good addition .. but still i think this will not effect pakistan and Russia relations .... as even recently china has given noc to pakistan to purchase the engines of JF17 directly from Russia as it would be cost effective for pakistan .

yes i missed that one ... just found out now ... but still i think that one has got no link or source sir

Dude relations wouldnt be an issue in here.This is a business.
Chinese wont allow losing of their market.Of course you can still buy items from.Russia but always be regulated by Chinese.

Chinese wont allow losing of their market.Of course you can still buy items from.Russia but always be regulated by Chinese.
It's not about market but alliance. China and Pakistan needs an alliance to stop Indian influence in the sub-continent. China have too many conflicts in the South-China Sea to be able to dominate the Indian ocean.

If it is good enough for China, it is good enough for Pakistan . Turkey itself was looking for ToT from China. The Turkish helicopter option should be kept but not at first priority, since the engine will be an issue and the same with any kind of US helicopters. China is offering again the no strings attached option .

@Pomegranate Next time don't tag me on threads which are written on Urdu, I can't read Urdu.
I would remove you from my tag list .................:D

China and pakistan relationship goes very deeper they are now building Economic Corridor in pakistan .. and investing already billions of dollars in pakistan ... few purchases from Russia wont effect the relationship as china has itself good and healthy relationship with Russia

Last edited:
Do you know anything about our Radar system ?If yes then its ok
And you are the one who discovered the Radar system .....................:D great the heli has got stealth technology my friend ... digest it .............

It's not about market but alliance. China and Pakistan needs an alliance to stop Indian influence in the sub-continent. China have too many conflicts in the South-China Sea to be able to dominate the Indian ocean.

Your leaders and most of the countrymens know the effect of Indian influence.But I dont interested in that topic in here.

And you are the one who discovered the Radar system .....................:D great the heli has got stealth technology my friend ... digest it .............

It was you that told me about that we dont have radar for detect it.That is why I asked you about that.What do you know about our Radar systems?Talk about something that you have some knowledge.

Our LCH in its IOC stage will have a stealth and long range hitting around 7+ km.Will also enhance in future.
According to that article Z10 has only 3 km.Dont know about 5.

I could never understand this 'unproven technology' argument. F-16 is arguably one of the most potent and proliferative fighting machine of modern times. When it was incepted, was it based on a proven technology? F-117 and F-22 are technological marvels; were they based on any proven technology? AH-1 Cobra is the forefather of the attack helicopter design; was it based on any proven technology?

What is proven technology? This term, most of the time,is used incorrectly. In case of WZ-10, it is very well based on a proven technology, the technology behind the engine, the technology behind the rotors, the technology behind the overall shape of an attack helicopter (used in AH-1), the technology behind armored protection.What is technologically not proven? It is not that WZ-10 is a novel platform altogether powered by some mysterious engine running on a substance not present on the periodic table. Anything that has passed the initial phases of design and evaluation and entered into serial production is already technologically proven. What is remained to be done is to test the performance parameters of the machine in various environments and upgrade it as desired.

That is my two cents.
Your two cents weight much heavier than what they are worth. You are totally right, and even at the test level, china is no novice at it, it has many environments to test its platforms, be it weather tests or combat terrain tests.

Hi,

Proven technology means that someone with known experience and reputation and technical expertise is manufacturing the item in question that has over the years proven its reliability under duress.

Its real test is going to come now---the field test---. Now e will know how it acts under duress---what works and what fails---.

When I go buy a Honda or a Toyota known for their quality cars---I have least concern for quality---I know that the car maker has been in business for many a years and knows what they are making.

But otoh---if I was looking for a Chevrolet / Ford ? Dodge I already know that even though they have years of experience----but they have quality and reliability issues

No one knew that the first Toyotas were going to win the reliability test in North America over every other make including the known luxury ones in two years time.. So it is more about reliability than field tests which must have been done in China's rugged terrains. The same with the Kalashnikov, it just got out there against some of the best machine guns. and gained its reliability reputation through usage.

These gifts are on the similar lines of the 50 JF-17 gifts.. except even more dubious with this source.
Unless the Chinese are dying to battle-test their virgin toy, I have little faith in this story.

How long you believe pakistan will remain in battle grounds?

I am sure its not like that pakistan pilots will now get into Z10, fly them over the terrorist caves and hit $hit out of them tomorrow. It will take a while before they can actually fly this new machine in war conditions.

China's 'gift' of Z-10 helicopters to Pakistan raises suspicion
  • Staff Reporter
  • 2015-01-07
  • 10:46 (GMT+8)
Z10-174413_copy1.jpg

China's Z-10 attack helicopter. (Internet photo)

China's reported decision to present Pakistan three Z-10 attack helicopters as a "gift" this year has raised suspicions of ulterior motives, says Duowei News, a US-based Chinese political news outlet.

Citing unconfirmed Russian media reports, Duowei claims that although Pakistan had shown an interest purchasing the Z-10s, which are designed by Russia's Kamov Design Bureau under contract from Beijing, China decided to give the helicopters to its "closest friend" for free.

The Z-10s, designed primarily for anti-tank missions with secondary air-to-air capabilities, will reportedly be added to the Pakistan Army aviation fleet and be deployed in the ongoing fight against terrorism in the country. The helicopter is said to be capable of targeting the enemy in the air or on the ground with a range of 3-4 kilometers without appearing on radar.

Some military experts have cast doubt on the effectiveness of the Z-10 on counterterrorism operations, saying that its WZ-9 operation engine has relatively low power as well as a smaller payload and weaker defensive capabilities in comparison to other attack helicopters.

Even if the reports of the gift are true, Duowei said, the new Z-10 helicopters will only enhance Pakistan's position against India, which is about to pair its domestically produced light combat helicopters with newly imported AH-64 Apache attack helicopters manufactured by Boeing. Though there is still a sizable gap between the power systems of Z-10s and Apaches, the Chinese aircraft's body design and weapon system configurations are comparable to the world's most advanced attack helicopters, especially because of the excellent performance of its TY-90 air-to-air missiles.

For China, the "gift" to Pakistan could serve as a gift for the givers as well, as it might allow the PLA to see how the Z-10s perform in actual combat situations, providing valuable data for further research and development, Duowei said. China may have already been collecting information on its domestically produced weaponry acquired by Pakistan in recent years, including the MBT-3000 tank, the JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft and the F-22P general purpose frigate. The decision to make the Z-10s a gift instead of selling them could therefore stem from Pakistan's limited defense budget and China's relatively robust arms industry, Duowei added.

I am sure PAA will order about 50+ very soon. Hope that PAA will sell these Cobra's to S.Korea or Japan who are upgrading their fleet of Cobras. More over, its a great chance for Jordan, Bahrain, Turkey, Philipines and other operators to sell their old cobra's to S.Korea or Japan to gain cash that can be used to buy new aeroplanes to make them gunship.

How long you believe pakistan will remain in battle grounds?

I am sure its not like that pakistan pilots will now get into Z10, fly them over the terrorist caves and hit $hit out of them tomorrow. It will take a while before they can actually fly this new machine in war conditions.
How do we know Pakistani pilots were not getting trained on Z10 all this while? We have been hearing about Z10 evaluation and possible induction in PA for some time.

How do we know Pakistani pilots were not getting trained on Z10 all this while? We have been hearing about Z10 evaluation and possible induction in PA for some time.

One of the possibility. Do we have any remote evidence for that?

China just like the US should also work with Pak Military in giving something for free like:
50-70 Z-10s for PAA
50-70 Z-19s for Paramilitary

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom