What's new

China Plans Huge Buses That Can DRIVE OVER Cars

How F'ed up is it that the Chinese animations for a Chinese bus for use in Beijing, China has to use virtual white people to demonstrate how it will work.

I know right? Even the subway advertisements in China had wall to wall adverts featuring Caucasian models. Unfortunately the mentality will not change anytime soon. Even here in Singapore but its getting better though.

On the other hand I am warming to the idea. It seems to have a lot of safety stuff figured out and the bus does turn out to pivot, allowing it to be longer and more maneuverable.

It does look very workable, but I imagine some road drivers would get a shock when they see something towering come up behind them. Either-way its definitely something that should be trailed, look forward to it!

Most of the cities in China use the grid system, so the roads are very long, wide and straight. Even if they introduce this bus that only goes up and down the major streets without making turns it'll still be a good idea, beats the traffic and saves energy etc.

haha, I see London Zone 1 needs this :lol:

They also can decorate a special "bus" section into a cocktail pub - there you have a CBD-tour paradise...:cheers:

Most of the cities in China use the grid system, so the roads are very long, wide and straight. Even if they introduce this bus that only goes up and down the major streets without making turns it'll still be a good idea, beats the traffic and saves energy etc.

you're not living in central china then. here the roads are crowded, at angles to each other and filled with people, buses and cars. this idea would work probably for about 5-6 cities only. this focus on making a few super class cities with unrealistic ideas is a waste of our money. instead, finish the projects here, where the majority of people live.

I Guess no one thought it through dumbest idea i have ever herd.

now that's a good idea and a big innovation if properly implemented,but still seriously i believe this may b just a concept and i dont think the project will even take up

I wonder what materials the bus "legs" are made of. If car crash trails (from sides) have not been conducted properly, I guess it is the quickest way for one to make to Evening News, alongside a drunk car driver. :hitwall:

I wonder what materials the bus "legs" are made of. If car crash trails (from sides) have not been conducted properly, I guess it is the quickest way for one to make to Evening News, alongside a drunk car driver. :hitwall:

r they planning to run it over system's lile maglev?

not impossible but not a practical design. this type of bus require special road on which it'll run, huge investment and no doubt fare will be very high as compared to normal transport. so it's not a practical design BUT don't forget it's CHINA where every thing is Possible.

I Guess no one thought it through dumbest idea i have ever herd.
Although I wrote last night that these buses need to be short, I then realized doing so would make hard braking dangerous - the whole vehicle could tip over! So the transport needs to be quite long to compensate for the very high center of gravity.

I now think such a transport could be used on a street with curves only if the side skirts in the illustration are eliminated and the bus rolls on wheels or wheel assemblies at each corner only. Still don't think it is practical, though.

I could be wrong but if you watch the video closely you'll notice it has lots of small wheels just like a train, and the "track" (the margin on the both sides of the road) it runs on is separated from the main road with metal railings -- just like the railing runs along the motorways that prevents cars from crashing out of the road, so a drunk driver would crash into the railings before touching the bus.

Rather than a bus it's more like a very tall and wide tram imo, with its tracks installed on the side of the roads. It's only going to take them a year to build it if goes according to plan, let's wait and see.

Although I wrote last night that these buses need to be short, I then realized doing so would make hard braking dangerous - the whole vehicle could tip over! So the transport needs to be quite long to compensate for the very high center of gravity.

I now think such a transport could be used on a street with curves only if the side skirts in the illustration are eliminated and the bus rolls on wheels or wheel assemblies at each corner only. Still don't think it is practical, though.

I think that's why they designed it with the carriage supported by two "walls" with lots of wheels on them, so it can distribute the pressure more evenly. I agree the high centre of gravity can be a problem if it's too short in length, I guess they would model the vehicle's load, dimensions, speed and braking parameters with safety constrains properly, otherwise it'd be a total disaster.

Also the impression I have from that video is that it probably won't have a "bus" driver, it's all automatic and runs on pre-built tracks, so it's really like a train that runs on road.

Very good initiative by the Chinese. You're truly rising. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom