What's new

China Plans Huge Buses That Can DRIVE OVER Cars

i don't like this idea
don't think this will become real

Same feeling here. Though if successful a grand project all together much like all those big projects from china :cheers:

Advantages:

1. Increases China's brand value for Engineering marvels.

Some disadvantages:

1. Roads have to be specially constructed or pre existing roads have to be modified.
2. Risk of accidents increases and also collateral damage.
3. Speed of these buses will be restricted basically low may be 30-40 km/hr
4. Cheap and alternative technologies are already available.
5. Not a feasible solution high cost of maintenance.

Conclusion:

A good concept but not that rational and real in terms of engineering when we can buy new buses or build a metro rail.

For now only solution is highly efficient clean and green buses and separate bus lanes.

20090420082554824.jpg

And by the way its really nice to see such friendly comments regarding Pakistan-China :pakistan::china: friendship in almost all the threads.

Hope to see more of such comments :tup: cheers to :pakistan::china:members for having such love and respect for each other.

keep it up :toast_sign:

I feel this could be possible, but probably they will not modify existing roads but instead build new roads to accomodate these buses for new developmental areas.

Just think of them as subways for areas too inconvenient/crowded/expensive to dig under.

On a slightly impractical note they might still work even when there's a flood, might even been used to ferry people evacuated and transferred by boats.

I feel this could be possible, but probably they will not modify existing roads but instead build new roads to accomodate these buses for new developmental areas.

Just think of them as subways for areas too inconvenient/crowded/expensive to dig under.

On a slightly impractical note they might still work even when there's a flood, might even been used to ferry people evacuated and transferred by boats.

Even if these are built. Can u imagine the how difficult it would be to take turns ? :what:

I mean just look at the pictures :what:

Last edited:
I think it's more like an alternative to a normal tram than a bus.

Last edited:
Even if these are built. an u imagine the how difficult it would be to take turns ? :what:

I mean just look at the pictures :what:

The super bus looks like its on rails so I would imagine the curves would been gentle ones similar to that of a train?

I see other problems especially if the rails on located next to the road the authorities its kept clear at all times, this might be an issue but hey leave the problems to the experts, if that becomes a reality I'm gonna go down and take a ride :D

This is another concept drawn up by some chap for trains, not sure if it will work without proper crowd control but very interesting nevertheless

Chinese Concept: The Train that Never Stops | Walyou

I like the train concept, but you would need significant time between stations if you're to get people on and off.

The below link has a video about the super bus (In chinese though)

China to build ginormous buses that cars can drive under (video) -- Engadget

How F'ed up is it that the Chinese animations for a Chinese bus for use in Beijing, China has to use virtual white people to demonstrate how it will work.

sigh....:undecided:

On the other hand I am warming to the idea. It seems to have a lot of safety stuff figured out and the bus does turn out to pivot, allowing it to be longer and more maneuverable.

So... Who else first thought this when they read the title "China Plans Huge Buses That Can DRIVE OVER Cars"

images

trucks_clip_image002.jpg

I also thought the same :cheers: so i opened the thread to read about why.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom