What's new

China PLAN 18x 054A FFGs, plan to 20x then 054A building close

Is this 057 plan real? looks a bit like type45 to me.
More like unofficial CG.

U see China had built 20+ 054/054A FFGs, the shipbody designed 10 years ago the numbers is enough now, it's time to update old design and launch out new class FFG. :-) China weapon & radar tech change so much in recent years, China FFG also will be developing.

I don't understand why they (PRC) still build 054A. Some of these ships weaponry is already obsolete, and They have already have the better version of it. Like the VLS. They have already have the better version of VLS that they put into 052D. And the radar. If they already capable to build AESA radar, why not upgrade their frigate with better equipments?

It just like the 052C. They have already have build 052D which is much-much better, but why they still build the 6th 052C?

I don't understand why they (PRC) still build 054A. Some of these ships weaponry is already obsolete, and They have already have the better version of it. Like the VLS. They have already have the better version of VLS that they put into 052D. And the radar. If they already capable to build AESA radar, why not upgrade their frigate with better equipments?

It just like the 052C. They have already have build 052D which is much-much better, but why they still build the 6th 052C?
There is always need for different scenario. Type052D are probably expensive to maintenance. Just like you have F-22 , does not mean you will stop all F-15 and F-16.
I feel 054A is very good bang for bucks platform.

There is always need for different scenario. Type052D are probably expensive to maintenance. Just like you have F-22 , does not mean you will stop all F-15 and F-16.
I feel 054A is very good bang for bucks platform.

What do you mean that 052D is too expensive to maintain? I prefer to say that building obsolete ships won't help you with "saving" cost problem. Rather than you maintain the cost of ships that is no longer the best in your sleeve, it is better if you build more and maintain the most advanced ships with the best technology you have.

What do you mean that 052D is too expensive to maintain? I prefer to say that building obsolete ships won't help you with "saving" cost problem. Rather than you maintain the cost of ships that is no longer the best in your sleeve, it is better if you build more and maintain the most advanced ships with the best technology you have.
How do you define obsolete? I give a very good scenario of having F-22 does not mean your every combat shall be a F-22 in an Air Force , right? Type054A is just like the workhorse of J-10 of PLAAF. When J-20 enter service, does not J-10 shall be replaced by J-20 too. Every inventory has a role to play. Cost is a very important factor in managing your arm forces. China would not want to end up like Soviet Union or greeces who's armed forces bankrupt becos they are managed by fanboy who think every inventory of their armories shall have the best without considering the cost and other factors.

Are these ships for export , some of these destroyer class are just great , Pakistan needs 3-4 Units so badly so much firepower in one ship , wow

The design is just gorgeous

How sexy is this ship !!! BEAST mode

207984_aesaffg3.jpg

Look how big it is

198779_990171219107b90def84e81eb830dd50.jpg

Are these ships for export , some of these destroyer class are just great , Pakistan needs 3-4 Units so badly so much firepower in one ship , wow

The design is just gorgeous

How sexy is this ship !!! BEAST mode

207984_aesaffg3.jpg

Look how big it is

198779_990171219107b90def84e81eb830dd50.jpg
It will always be the funding issue. Those 054A maybe affordable but not neccesarily affordable for others. That is the reason why F-22P is chosen for PN.

But what are the costs association with these ships I have not heard China selling anyships yet to external customers

54A has an order of 24 including two 54, seeing it's reliability, there's no reason not to finish the order. Besides, once you place an order, the factory have made the necessary preparations, so not going through with it would be a waste, especially considering, the 54B would not be ready for construction until end of this year or beginning of next and construction started last year on the last of the 54A.

So to sum up, finishing the class has no down side, a total of about 45-50 will be had by 2023ish, including the 54A and 54B. Construction started before any work can be started for the first 54B, and thus doesn't conflict.

We are always coming up with new tech, it won't stop with 52D, 54B, or even 55, new things will always be here, but we have confidence in our platforms that they can perform well.

America doesn't necessarily use the best equipment, but once it comes together in the US navy, no other navy can match it in size and power.

Don't forget the last few 054A's have had some considerable upgrades, since the earlier ships of the class.
I think though, we are nearing the end of the 054A class anyway, and in the second half of this decade we will see the start of the construction of the next class, ie 054B or 057.

Regarding 052C.............the last 4 of this class, started construction before 052D!..........(its been mentioned before, but to recap), after the intial 2 of the class were built some 10 years ago, Destroyer production in China ceased for sometime, and people wondered why. This was primarily down to the fact that China's premium warship shipyard 'JN' underwent a major change, ie the shipyard moved location, and therefore during the the latter part of the last decade was out of the picture so to speak to construct warships.
When the relocation of 'JN' shipyard was finished, Destroyer construction of the 052C class resumed with a further 4 vessels being constructed. These 4 newer vessels were an improvement on the original 2 vessels, having upgraded electronics, but most notably new gas turbine engines.
After the 6th in class 052C was launched, the next Destroyer constructed was the first in class 052D. Now as this was quite an improvement over the 052C class, the Chinese Navy were obviously very keen to get their hands on this vessel, with its upgraded AEGIS system, and its multi-missile VLS suite, so it has appeared to of had its construction time reduced to get it into service. Meanwhile the last 2 052C's have obviously taken a back seat to the 052D, as shown by the long time they have taken to outfit, and join the fleet.
Therefore to sum up.........the 052C's are now done and dusted, ie no more 052C's! :china:

ps: i like your name :- brainsucker :-)

But what are the costs association with these ships I have not heard China selling anyships yet to external customers

I believe if you go to 'Wiki' you will see some information regarding the costs of some of China's surface combatants.
Whether the info is correct, is another matter.

Regarding exports, i can't see the Chinese ever selling their premium warships, to foreign customers, particularly the 052D..............and if they did they would certainly be down graded versions, for security reasons amongst others.........similar as the US navy does to its allies such as Japan.

I did read an article recently from a Russian author suggesting that their Navy should consider buying the 054A Frigate from China, and then retrofitting it with Russian weapons systems. The reason for the idea of purchasing the 054A was that is was a very capable vessel, and wouldn't be too expensive to buy, but the main reason was this would give Russian shipyards time to rebuild themselves up, while the 054A's would quickly add volume to the Russian surface fleet. As i said this is not fact, but a suggestion made!

:sniper:

The 052C class building plan had end, only 6x in this DDG class no more 052C, later all r 052D or 055 DDG building .

The 054A class also close to end yet, what we see now is 22th 054A building no more plan, 22x is enough numbers to a FFG class. Next 1~2 year, we will see new class FFG.

What Strength and Might of DRAGON
View attachment 133587

After I went to wiki , I felt like this
Right now China built 23x 056 corvettes, wiki data will update.

Regarding exports, i can't see the Chinese ever selling their premium warships, to foreign customers, particularly the 052D..............and if they did they would certainly be down graded versions, for security reasons amongst others.........similar as the US navy does to its allies such as Japan.

I did read an article recently from a Russian author suggesting that their Navy should consider buying the 054A Frigate from China, and then retrofitting it with Russian weapons systems. The reason for the idea of purchasing the 054A was that is was a very capable vessel, and wouldn't be too expensive to buy, but the main reason was this would give Russian shipyards time to rebuild themselves up, while the 054A's would quickly add volume to the Russian surface fleet. As i said this is not fact, but a suggestion made!

:sniper:
Just in recent Five Years, China built many 052C/D and 054A to the PLAN. China didn't export premium warships to foreign customers, coz PLAN still lack enough modern warships to replace old one like 053.

First job of China shipbuilding industry is to finish PLAN update plan and increase modern warships, later they will export new designed warships to foreign market. Now China only has 2x big shipyards to build DDGs and 2x shipyards to build FFGs in whole year, we hope more shipyards can produce warships.

Don't forget the last few 054A's have had some considerable upgrades, since the earlier ships of the class.
I think though, we are nearing the end of the 054A class anyway, and in the second half of this decade we will see the start of the construction of the next class, ie 054B or 057.

Regarding 052C.............the last 4 of this class, started construction before 052D!..........(its been mentioned before, but to recap), after the intial 2 of the class were built some 10 years ago, Destroyer production in China ceased for sometime, and people wondered why. This was primarily down to the fact that China's premium warship shipyard 'JN' underwent a major change, ie the shipyard moved location, and therefore during the the latter part of the last decade was out of the picture so to speak to construct warships.
When the relocation of 'JN' shipyard was finished, Destroyer construction of the 052C class resumed with a further 4 vessels being constructed. These 4 newer vessels were an improvement on the original 2 vessels, having upgraded electronics, but most notably new gas turbine engines.
After the 6th in class 052C was launched, the next Destroyer constructed was the first in class 052D. Now as this was quite an improvement over the 052C class, the Chinese Navy were obviously very keen to get their hands on this vessel, with its upgraded AEGIS system, and its multi-missile VLS suite, so it has appeared to of had its construction time reduced to get it into service. Meanwhile the last 2 052C's have obviously taken a back seat to the 052D, as shown by the long time they have taken to outfit, and join the fleet.
Therefore to sum up.........the 052C's are now done and dusted, ie no more 052C's! :china:

ps: i like your name :- brainsucker :-)

English Man, are you a SDF member? Because the way you write in here is familiar to some people there.

Back
Top Bottom