What's new

China picks two female astronauts for space mission

"The Chinese people have stood up!" 1 October 1949"

Yes; It was a long march away from the Gun Boat diplomacy the West imposed unjustly on Asia centuries a go.

{ It would be nice to see Chinese in more traditional uniforms than that of look a like European ones}.

Traditional uniforms? You mean a uniform that doesn't look like a business suit?

Great news, good to see China progressing in space technology. What the thinking behind the criteria of "women who must be married and have given birth naturally" anyone know?

I'm guessing the administration thinks that space may cause a problem with the incision. It's also possible that China is trying to convince women to give birth naturally by favouring women who take the natural path. Two years ago China had a record level of women giving birth via C-section.

As for the married part, maybe the administration is hoping to prevent any attempts of their astronauts from joining the Mile-High Club. ;)

China would've ranked much higher without the 36.7 Politics part. This is more of a cultural thing that East Asian women are less political. If they add a "wife's power in the household", China's score will shoot to the sky.

That's why it's almost impossible to get them to talk about politics or stuff like that, it gives them a bad mood after just awhile. This is still a great symbolism to give women equal representation, and a female astronaut have been proven to be no less capable than men. Interesting thing though is that almost all of the scientist involve in engineering these rockets are men, i find that hard science and outdoors jobs and politics are something women just hate or find harder to adapt to so the reason for this is not discrimination, take working offshore on an oil rig for example, it really feels like a gay club at times, but you are right about one thing, Chinese wives can always be trusted with your money, without your wife keeping check and balances and organizing all the financial details for me, I will not be able to cope with life:sick: because behind every successful men is a strong women.

Oh God what did they make you Chinese with...such beautiful, flawless skin ! And the women, my Chinese sisters, are absolutely gorgeous.

China has one female emperor in history and she was very powerful and great in history.

Don't forget that in the past 200 years China had also been screwed over pretty bad because some women tried to meddle with politics, Cixi and Jiang Qing

i hope pakistan FRIEND can also improve. you are ranked 158....even worse than india

i hope pakistan FRIEND can also improve. you are ranked 158....even worse than india

Don't lecture, other countries have their own internal problem they need to deal with that may take years, women development index is always better in countries that are stable and prospering, tell me what is the women's index in Libya now after the country was decimated by NATO? From being the top in the entire region to hitting bottom. Tell me what was China's index 20 years ago? It takes time.

Don't forget that in the past 200 years China had also been screwed over pretty bad because some women tried to meddle with politics, Cixi and Jiang Qing

They had ruined China due to their personal ambitions. Please remove your tainted lens because commenting.

If you are really here to wish Pakistani friend here well, just said the the appropriate words will be sufficient.

BTW, ranking at 30th isn't the best yet, there are 29 other nations to beat.

I hope UAE will improve. We are ranked #109.

109, United Arab Emirates
Overall score (out of 100): 59.6
Justice: 46.2
Health: 73.5
Education: 93.6
Economics: 68.0
Politics: 39.0

And for our indian friends,

141, India
Overall score (out of 100): 41.9
Justice: 54.0
Health: 64.1
Education: 64.9
Economics: 60.7
Politics: 14.8

Our Indians friends are still lagging well behind China except in weapons procurement. For a country which is supposed to surpass China, there is still a long way ahead. Before surpassing China, India should at least surpass UAE, South East Asian countries, other BRIC countries, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, the US then it could consider surpassing China. Before learning how to sprint, a baby bollywooddaydreamer should first learn how to walk.

They had ruined China due to their personal ambitions. Please remove your tainted lens because commenting.
Those two women wouldn't have anything to do with misery of China if they are not women. There is a reason why in the history China forbid harems to be involved with politics. Even for Jiang Qing, Zhou Enlai and others made a pact with Mao forbid Jiang meddling anything that is political as precaution, which later was totally ignored.

Everyone has his or her own ambition. The difference is that at least men have to somewhat to be capable of doing some deed before he can acheive some status in order to put his ambition in action whether it is good or bad, but for women more often they can do the same as long as they sleep with the right guy without the required qualification of whatever they are trying to do next.

Those two women wouldn't have anything to do with misery of China if they are not women. There is a reason why in the history China forbid harems to be involved with politics. Even for Jiang Qing, Zhou Enlai and others made a pact with Mao forbid Jiang meddling anything that is political as precaution, which later was totally ignored.

Everyone has his or her own ambition. The difference is that at least men have to somewhat to be capable of doing some deed before he can acheive some status in order to put his ambition in action whether it is good or bad, but for women more often they can do the same as long as they sleep with the right guy without the required qualification of whatever they are trying to do next.

thats a problem with our system, not with women. why do women in say, Germany never do this? why is it only in China that this happens?

Back
Top Bottom