What's new

China, Pakistan sign $45 BLN deals: minister

The following sentence will sum up everything :

It invests much more in Pakistan than it does in India.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao begins Pakistan visit
BBC News - Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao begins Pakistan visit

Different investments. Investing in india is just for getting their
hard earned money , for pakitan I think china focuses on making our brother much better. One is pure economic investment and one is strategic investment.

LOL, when I was posting in Chinese, the post was only intended for Chinese members.

I had nothing to hide,even if I did, it is very easy for me to find a way to express it without being detected by you.

Do you mind translating the following sentence?

你个大SB,bu要以wei你TM什么都懂,nidongge蛋!
off-topic but why I have a feeling that you were swearing him in Chinese language :rolleyes:

LOL, when I was posting in Chinese, the post was only intended for Chinese members.

I had nothing to hide,even if I did, it is very easy for me to find a way to express it without being detected by you.

Do you mind translating the following sentence?

你个大SB,bu要以wei你TM什么都懂,nidongge蛋!

Ignore him. He typically 以小人之心度君子之腹。:smitten:

off-topic but why I have a feeling that you were swearing him in Chinese language :rolleyes:

Wrong, I am complimenting him in Chinese language.

That sentence translates into "you are a big chicken, you not only knows a lot about the world, but aslo produces a lot of eggs", meaning he is a very knowledgable and productive chicken. It is actually a very high compliment in Chinese language.

I am really looking forward for Pakistan railway being undertake by Chinese railway!

may be it is good for pak railway but it is not good for Pakistan. entire Transportation system should not give to any other country,it'll make Pakistan completely depend on china. however it's your country,you can think better than me for your country.

Different investments. Investing in india is just for getting their
hard earned money , for pakitan I think china focuses on making our brother much better. One is pure economic investment and one is strategic investment.

Using the proceeds of one to build the other..its a game of balancing business..The more Indo-China trade, the more fighters, frigates and submarines we are going to get :cheers:

"The BBC's Aleem Maqbool in Islamabad says Pakistan has relied to date mainly on offering up its strategic geo-political location should China need it."

The lyrics comes to mind:

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

may be it is good for pak railway but it is not good for Pakistan. entire Transportation system should not give to any other country,it'll make Pakistan completely depend on china. however it's your country,you can think better than me for your country.

We can trust the Chinese as much as we can trust ourselves. Though in reality the whole railway will not be handed over to single party..it will be a consortium and several sub-contractors.

Keep your ridiculous idea, China only to take the railway engineering and some profit, according to commercial treaties. Railway ownership must be Pakistan, you can not keep more quiet on these economic development?

Wrong, I am complimenting him in Chinese language.

That sentence translates into "you are a big chicken, you not only knows a lot about the world, but aslo produces a lot of eggs", meaning he is a very knowledgable and productive chicken. It is actually a very high compliment in Chinese language.

:oops:

See the difference lies between languages, cultures and traditions. We take "You are a big chicken" as offensive term and you regard chicken as highly complimentary

When I used google translator I thought SB stands for = S o B

My mistake

:oops:

See the difference lies between languages, cultures and traditions. We take "You are a big chicken" as offensive term and you regard chicken as highly complimentary

When I used google translator I thought SB stands for = S o B

My mistake

He was being sarcastic. Apparently he was ticked off by that Indian member. Even in Chinese, "chicken" is Not a compliment.

Good news for Pakistani people. The next strategic move of China is to develop Pakistan economy and let your people, especially those bordering China, have a better life. But there are serveral pre-conditions for you guys: be paitient, be confident, and be diligent, just like what most Chinese people have done in the past decades. Then you will get your fair share. The success of this plan is also vital for China's future development.

The past military cooperation is only a low level cooperation compared to this all dimension full scale plan.

China, Pakistan conclude $35 bln deals Khurram Shahzad

December 19, 2010 - 1:59AM
.China and Pakistan concluded nearly 15 billion US dollars' worth of deals on Saturday, as Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said Beijing would "never give up" on the troubled nuclear-armed Muslim country.

Business leaders formalised paperwork -- adding to the 20 billion US dollars' worth of deals signed Friday -- under blanket security at Islamabad's five-star Marriott Hotel, where a huge suicide truck bomb killed 60 people in 2008.

Boosting trade and investment with poverty-stricken Pakistan have been the main focus of the first visit in five years by a Chinese premier to the country that is on the front line of the US-led war on Al-Qaeda.

Advertisement: Story continues below Pakistan regards China as its closest ally and considers the deals incredibly important to a moribund economy which was dealt a massive blow by catastrophic flooding this year and suffers from sluggish Western investment.

"We signed 18 agreements today worth close to 15 billion US dollars and we hope to grow further together in coming years," said Sultan Ahmad Chawla, president of Pakistan's chamber of commerce and industry.

According to a list handed out to journalists, the biggest deal was 6.5 billion US dollars to develop wind and solar power.

Pakistan suffers from a debilitating energy crisis and produces only 80 percent of the electricity it needs.

Though not specifically mentioned, behind-the-scenes talks were expected on China building a one-gigawatt nuclear power plant as part of Pakistani plans to produce 8,000 megawatts of electricity by 2025 to make up its energy shortfall.

The Islamabad city administration declared Saturday a public holiday, apparently for security reasons with the country on full-time alert for suicide attacks and bombings blamed on the Taliban and Al-Qaeda-linked extremists.

"We have established an all-weather friendship and engaged in all-round cooperation. The China-Pakistan relationship has withstood the test of time and changes in the international landscape," Wen told a lunch in his honour.

"Under no circumstances we will give up on our commitment to pursuing this partnership."

Wen pledged China's full support in the wake of the floods, which affected 21 million people, saying Beijing would help the country "lay a new solid foundation for you to achieve self-owned, stable and sustainable development."

He inaugurated a cultural centre built as a monument to Pakistani-Chinese friendship and held talks with opposition leader Nawaz Sharif and senior figures in the military, which depends on China for hardware.

The 35-million-dollar Pakistan-China Friendship Centre offers the Pakistani capital a conference venue, theatre, cinema and space for multiple events.

Young Pakistani girls decked out in traditional dress and waving the flags of both countries danced, before Wen kissed one of them on the cheek.

President Asif Ali Zardari will host a state banquet late Saturday before Wen addresses a special joint session of parliament early Sunday and leaves.

Pakistan depends on China's clout to offset the perceived threat from rival India and rescue its economy, overcome its severe energy crisis and make up for poor foreign investment.

But local analysts recognise that China's support comes at a price -- a price that could increase as Beijing edges closer to superpower status.

"China expects Pakistan to be a reliable partner in the region. Here they have a country on whom they can rely. This provides a good outlet for Chinese investment abroad," said political analyst Hasan Askari.

But he added: "China will expect Pakistan to be more forthright in counter-terrorism. It has worries about militancy in western China", where it wants to develop Kashgar city into a major industrial and economic centre.

"Pakistan can help China because of its geographical position, but it has to first control terrorism," said Askari.

Before arriving in Islamabad, Wen visited India, where he and his 400-strong delegation signed deals that will see trade double to 100 billion US dollars a year by 2015

Another $15 billion signed today. The total comes out to be $45 billion.

Agreements worth $15 bln signed at Pak-China Business Forum

ISLAMABAD Dec 18 (APP): Pakistan and China here on Saturday inked 22 agreements and Memoranda of Understandings (MoU) of 15 billion dollars to boost bilateral trade and investment for mutual benefit of the two countries.The agreements were signed during the Pak-China Business Cooperation Summit here at a local hotel. Visiting Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani also attended the summit.The summit was jointly organized by Board of Investment, Ministry of Commerce, Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) and China Council for Promotion of International Trade (CCIT).

The agreements and MoUs are related to development of energy sector, promotion of trade, exploration of natural resources and development of agriculture, livestock, finance and banking sectors.

A $ 6.5 billion MoU was signed between China Three Gorges Corporation and Alternative Energy Development Board for the wind power projects and solar energy projects.

Both the countries signed framework agreement in relation to Development Finance Cooperation Agreement besides inking agreement of purchasing seafood, guar products, cotton yarn purchase and yarn import contract.
In addition, frozen fish agreement, import stone business agreement, leather purchasing contract and agreement for purchasing of Pakistan rapeseed meal, were inked on the occasion.

Cooperation agreement, medical equipments donation agreement and stone import business were also signed during the day-long summit between the business communities of both the countries.

Speaking at the conclusion of the Business Forum, Chairman CCIP, Wan Jita encouraged the cooperation between the CCIP and trade promotion authorities of Pakistan.

He said that businessmen of both the countries have great opportunities to explore investment and trade potential between the two countries for the overall economic development.

Speaking on the occasion President FPCCI, Sultan Ahmed Chawala, said that people of Pakistan, particularly business community would never forget the cooperation extended by the Chinese businessmen for the economic development of the country.

He said that the Pak-China business cooperation summit would be helpful for further enhancing trade ties adding that business communities of both the countries inked agreements worth $ 15 billion on Saturday.

Chawala termed the trade deals as remarkable achievement and expressed the hope that business and trade between the two countries will keep on increasing in future.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency )

Economic cooperation in all fields need to be enhanced between Pakistan and China. Also one very important avenue is civilian aircraft acquisitions. The government plans to buy upto 40 aircraft for the Pakistan International Airlines, plus other Pakistani airlines buy Boeing and Airbus products.

Pakistan needs to seriously consider the Chinese C919 Aircraft to see if it can meet the medium and long term aviation requirements of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom