What's new

China overtakes Germany in car exports, sets sights on Japan, could become the world’s top car exporter in the coming few years

Will correct the post to say “has opened up”

Btw, Does China make a true supercar; at least in the class of Ferrari and Lamborghini? A lot of possible customers around the world, willing to pay premium prices, to get the best performing cars. It would be good for industry, pushing technological development and the competition would lower the price of key components across the automotive industry.
This Chinese EV has 1,225 hp and is capable of reaching 100KM/hour in 1.9 seconds, and is priced at RMB1.688 million or USD 252,000, or RM828K (Malaysian Ringgit).

Fastest Ferrari takes 3.3 seconds to reach 100 KM/hr. The fastest Lamborghini takes 2.8 seconds.

Screenshot (6816).jpg

Last edited:
In just one decade, China became the top producer of exporter of trains, ships and cars, one last crown that China hasn't conquered is aircrafts, for which China had started to take off.

maxresdefault.jpg

they are still unheard of

and Chinese cars dont even come close to German cars

its quality we are talking about

I would agree - interms of buying preferences i would go : german->japanese->Korean->American->french->chinese.

I mean i would still buy a french car of renault/citroen crap before i would ever consider chinese crap !!! ..

Reliability - and quality are important and right now esp with the sums of money involved in a new car. That is a lot of risk on an unknown quantity.

There is no way i would drop £20/30k on a chinese car now given the choices we have. Hell - most of the chinese people i know in the UK all say they would never buy a chinese car due to poor build quality and reliability and poor customer care and service !!!!!

I would agree - interms of buying preferences i would go : german->japanese->Korean->American->french->chinese.

Reliability - and quality are important and right now esp with the sums of money involved in a new car. That is a lot of risk on an unknown quantity.

Chin
Data won't lie, no matter how upset you guys get.

By 2023 this year, BYD should export 400,000 units, and BYD aims to export 1 million units from 2024 to 2025

China overtakes Germany in car exports, sets sights on Japan, could become the world’s top car exporter in the coming few years

New cars are seen at the automobile terminal in the port of Dalian, Liaoning province, China on October 18, 2018. Photo: Reuters

China has surpassed Germany to become the world’s second-largest car exporter after mainland exports jumped 54.4 per cent year on year to 3.11 million vehicles in 2022, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM).

The nation is also closing in on Japan’s export volume, and is likely to clinch the title of the world’s top car exporter in the coming few years, analysts said.

According to MarkLines, an auto industry data provider, Japanese carmakers shipped 3.2 million vehicles abroad in the first 11 months of 2022, almost unchanged from a year earlier.

In 2021, Japan exported 3.82 million cars, and it is expected to post a year-on-year decline once its full-year results are tallied.

https://www.scmp.com/business/china...-surge-311-million-2022-narrowing-japans-lead
Germany, Japan sell cars worth hundreds billion dollars. Is any sale figure for China sale exports?

Germany, Japan sell cars worth hundreds billion dollars. Is any sale figure for China sale exports?
I don't know, what about theirs? one figure is worth noting , despite the worst lockdown in 2022, China still hit record high trade surplus last year.

I don't know, what about theirs? one figure is worth noting , despite the worst lockdown in 2022, China still hit record high trade surplus last year.
For Germany, it’s 210 billion euros.
China is an exporter monster overall though.

they are still unheard of

and Chinese cars dont even come close to German cars

its quality we are talking about
Are you sure?

Your Turkey dad agreed with you?

Without Chinese technology. Your Turkey dad can make cars?

Commercial scale lithium production as a side product of boron is planned for 2022.[16] Togg has also entered into a JV with the Chinese battery company Farasis to manufacture lithium batteries for the car: the new 50/50 venture is called Siro, and will be built near Ankara.[17]

Last edited:
Do Japanese and German export cars also include those made outside these two countries ? These two countries have many factories in foreign lands too.

The EV battery is not as safe as gasoline or diesel. It is hash down for now. In the long run, engineers will solve the problem.

While China capturing on EV means that consumers voted with their feet.

Back
Top Bottom