What's new

China orders 224 D-30KP2 from NPO Saturn

Thread cleaned again !

By the way: there are indeed reports about a similar contract concerning 100 additional AL-31 - but not mentioning the specific version - since yesterday ... does anyone of our Russian friends have a (sorry to say so) better or more reliable source than this Japanese link ?

http://www.excite.co.jp/News/chn_soc/20161030/Recordchina_20161030007.html

I think the Russian media would not ignore this deal if it is true? ... or will they wait until Zhuhai?

Deino

PS: just found this, but again without any details

http://www.vedomosti.ru/politics/articles/2016/10/25/662267-voennih-aviadvigatelei-rossii

So we don't know if they are to replace older F-models in the J-11A or FN for additional J-10C or even something new for the J-20 ?

Thread cleaned again !

By the way: there are indeed reports about a similar contract concerning 100 additional AL-31 - but not mentioning the specific version - since yesterday ... does anyone of our Russian friends have a (sorry to say so) better or more reliable source than this Japanese link ?

http://www.excite.co.jp/News/chn_soc/20161030/Recordchina_20161030007.html

I think the Russian media would not ignore this deal if it is true? ... or will they wait until Zhuhai?

Deino

http://www.vedomosti.ru/politics/articles/2016/10/25/662267-voennih-aviadvigatelei-rossii

So we don't know if they are to replace older F-models in the J-11A or FN for additional J-10C or even something new for the J-20 ?

Many thanks, Chief. Season's Greetings to you, btw; it is a big festival in India today.

Thread cleaned again !

Deino

this news has been reported in Chinese media as well

Each Y-20 requires 4 engines, and two for each H-6K bombers. The number isn't too outrageous. I'm thinking they need at least a dozen new H-6K and 3 dozen Y-20.

The contract never materialized ... LOL :sick::rofl::rofl:. So much BS from the Russia lobby ...

Are You sure ? Any source for that, that this alleged latest deal never materialised?

Remember the same Russian media reporting that China had bought the Su-35 back in 2010? If this deal actually came through, we would be hearing a lot more by now.

Probably for the Y-20, since the cost production for the WS-18 might not be ideal, so they rather order more D-30KP2 and wait the WS-20 to be installed on the Y-20 in the next 1-2 years.

Probably for the Y-20, since the cost production for the WS-18 might not be ideal, so they rather order more D-30KP2 and wait the WS-20 to be installed on the Y-20 in the next 1-2 years.
There was no such deal. An order this large would receive much more attention, especially from the Russians. Besides, why would China order 200+ underpowered Russian engines when the WS-20 Is going to be incorporated by 2018 or 2019. This deal is bogus ... China is not going to mass produce the Y-20 without a domestic substitute

There was no such deal. An order this large would receive much more attention, especially from the Russians. Besides, why would China order 200+ underpowered Russian engines when the WS-20 Is going to be incorporated by 2018 or 2019. This deal is bogus ... China is not going to mass produce the Y-20 without a domestic substitute

Not sure why You think so ... that deal of D-30-engines is real, there's nothing to deny and even more it makes sense: the H-6K and Y-20 now coming off the assembly line need engines NOW not in a few years.

Last edited:
Logical or not, the PLAAF MUST have a reason, that deal is true ... denying it is illogical.

By the way, my source is not unreliable - in the same way the link I already posted three times is not unreliable - these rumours that the current Y-20 and H-6K are already using the WS-18 are unreliable, in fact they are all based on that single image from 2014 showing the Il-76LL testbed with an alleged WS-18 during maiden flight. From then on, NOTHING.

Deino

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom