What's new

China orders 121 more Russian helicopters

again, it's russian report; I really do NOT credit :disagree::disagree::disagree:
russia is always trying to sell weapons to others;
and we have our own outstanding helicopters Z8/18/20;
and we NO longer need russian helicopters Mi 8/17/171
if so, it's probably another fake deal :agree::agree::agree:
just be await; let see if they really come to china
Dude they are world leaders in Aviation tech on Par with USA/EU tech and in Experience, they are designing Aircraft as early as 1920

And your Z-8/Z18/20 are all foreign based designs (from EU and USA) and especially Z-18 and 20 are still in development and evolution phases

And tell me if China is so Advance in Aviation Fields, Then why you (China) started a Joint project with Russia to develop Heavy helicopter (in same class in MI-26) , Please tell us??

Dude they are world leaders in Aviation tech on Par with USA/EU tech and in Experience, they are designing Aircraft as early as 1920

And your Z-8/Z18/20 are all foreign based designs (from EU and USA) and especially Z-18 and 20 are still in development and evolution phases

And tell me if China is so Advance in Aviation Fields, Then why you (China) started a Joint project with Russia to develop Heavy helicopter (in same class in MI-26) , Please tell us??
Because china and russia are nearing an alliance and want to work together to build stronger partnership.

Because china and russia are nearing an alliance and want to work together to build stronger partnership.
NO, That's not my question's answer, according to @
juj06750
saying that China don't need Russia for Military development but your almost all air force/Navy/army are based on Russian designs and philosophies

NO, That's not my question's answer, according to @
juj06750
saying that China don't need Russia for Military development but your almost all air force/Navy/army are based on Russian designs and philosophies
china has had a lot of help from russia but now able to innovate and create their own new designs. China is arguably ahead of russia now compared to 60 years ago when they can not even produce a pitch fork. Compared to 99% of other countries who can not even make their own trucks or guns china is doing great. Now china and russia are natural allies and they want to work together. Similarly to the f-35 program that the west works together on. China and russia will have their own different types of programs.

china has had a lot of help from russia but now able to innovate and create their own new designs. China is arguably ahead of russia now compared to 60 years ago when they can not even produce a pitch fork. Compared to 99% of other countries who can not even make their own trucks or guns china is doing great. Now china and russia are natural allies and they want to work together. Similarly to the f-35 program that the west works together on. China and russia will have their own different types of programs.
that's my point Russia has the experience but you don't, you're quite new for developing military hardware from scratch

for Example: in Engine development fields and purchasing super heavy cargo aircraft design (eg: An-225) etc etc

China needed a lot of medium and heavy helicopters and Russia is a close and good partner, so why not just order it from a trusted friend?
Make sense.

that's my point Russia has the experience but you don't, you're quite new for developing military hardware from scratch

for Example: in Engine development fields and purchasing super heavy cargo aircraft design (eg: An-225) etc etc
:coffee: :laugh::laugh:
Specification
The Mi-171Sh is powered by two Klimov TV3-117VM turboshaft engines mounted on top of the fuselage. Each engine is rated at 1,641kW. The helicopter can be optionally fitted with two VK-2500 turboshaft engines, each rated at 2,700hp.

But China own proprietary WJ-10 is rated at 5000kW.

Last edited:

dude, I said russia was but NOT any more; again, russian arms industry already over due to the longtime lack of money; now russia can't even reproduce soviet arms; russia currently trying to sell its arms to anyone for its survival; also, important to note that russian overall arms technology already fell generation behind US and even china

before you and foreigners talk about china, you should first learn how china talks UNIQUELY; china never say 'NO' when it talks with russia; although china doesn't want what russia wants, china rather say 'co-develop' or 'joint project' which usually mean that china does not want; since then you will never hear them again; and it is how china rejects what russia asks; if there's something china really wants from others, china asks them for license-manufacturing on china; so please keep in mind that it is how china uniquely talks with others; plus, as far as I know, again it was russia and russian media; russia eager to sell MI26 to china; then once again china said 'co-development of new helicopter with russia' ; then russian media claimed that two agree to co-develop new helicopter; then obviously you and foreigners read the russian news, but since then, you never heard it further because there's NO such thing; don't worry; china doesn't want MI26; you'll never see MI26 on china

please note that china NO longer credits russian arms; now russian arms too outdated / very obsolete / generations behind; china now believes russia is competitor, which is fastly losing its share in global arms market; once again, let see if 121 russian helicopters really come to china

Last edited:
dude, I said russia was but NOT any more; again, russian arms industry already over due to the longtime lack of money; now russia can't even reproduce soviet arms; russia currently trying to sell its arms to anyone for its survival; also, important to note that russian overall arms technology already fell generation behind US and even china

before you and foreigners talk about china, you should first learn how china talks UNIQUELY; china never say 'NO' when it talks with russia; although china doesn't want what russia wants, china rather say 'co-develop' or 'joint project' which usually mean that china does not want; since then you will never hear them again; and it is how china rejects what russia asks; if there's something china really wants from others, china asks them for license-manufacturing on china; so please keep in mind that it is how china uniquely talks with others; plus, as far as I know, again it was russia and russian media; russia eager to sell MI26 to china; then once again china said 'co-development of new helicopter with russia' ; then russian media claimed that two agree to co-develop new helicopter; then obviously you and foreigners read the russian news, but since then, you never heard it further because there's NO such thing; don't worry; china doesn't want MI26; you'll never see MI26 on china

please note that china NO longer credits russian arms; now russian arms too outdated / very obsolete / generations behind; china now believes russia is competitor, which is fastly losing its share in global arms market; once again, let see if 121 russian helicopters really come to china
use your brain if you have, your military almost based of either Russian or European designs, please tell me What is J-7/J-8//J-11, even your J-20 is the Stealth version of Soviet/Russian MIG-1.44 design and similarly your Navy's Destroyers (Type-51 and Early version of Type-52 using Russian radars) and you went Ukraine to get AESA tech for your Destroyers

And who you're to put a verdict Russia is behind you in aviation fields, are you technical or military expert????:crazy:
If you're way way ahead in aviation fields as compare to Russia why you're Using Russian systems like Su-35/Su-30/S-400/HQ12 (copy from S-300)
use the logic and common sense if you have

Weak link for Russia is $$$ but they are researching well with in the limited budget

use your brain if you have, your military almost based of either Russian or European designs, please tell me What is J-7/J-8//J-11, even your J-20 is the Stealth version of Soviet/Russian MIG-1.44 design and similarly your Navy's Destroyers (Type-51 and Early version of Type-52 using Russian radars) and you went Ukraine to get AESA tech for your Destroyers

And who you're to put a verdict Russia is behind you in aviation fields, are you technical or military expert????:crazy:
If you're way way ahead in aviation fields as compare to Russia why you're Using Russian systems like Su-35/Su-30/S-400/HQ12 (copy from S-300)
use the logic and common sense if you have

Weak link for Russia is $$$ but they are researching well with in the limited budget
No one re invents the wheel. Russia and China are partners and will be working ever closer. China is one of 3 countries in the world that can completely manufacture their own weapons and China pretty much armed Pakistans entire army.

No one re invents the wheel. Russia and China are partners and will be working ever closer. China is one of 3 countries in the world that can completely manufacture their own weapons and China pretty much armed Pakistans entire army.
they are just starters, my Friend, from scratch (from early 90s) they lack experience, on the turbofan engine development fields they are just beginners and quite new

they are just starters, my Friend, from scratch (from early 90s) they lack experience, on the turbofan engine development fields they are just beginners and quite new
Russia has helped behind the doors a huge amount to modernise Chinese military no one can deny that. But we have time to figure things out, no one is going to try to invade us when we got so many thermonuclear weapons.

Russia has helped behind the doors a huge amount to modernise Chinese military no one can deny that. But we have time to figure things out, no one is going to try to invade us when we got so many thermonuclear weapons.
That's what I am talking about but the one Chinese poster in this thread is trying to say that we don't need Russia for military development anymore but you're purchasing their designs (An-225) and started joint project to build heavy helicopter with Russia???

Correct decision. Chinese chopper are good for showcasing and not for war.

Back
Top Bottom