What's new

China orders 121 more Russian helicopters

A CCTV Chinese reporter and ensign on the helo. How can it be faked?

The problem is how much is the deal? If the price is good for each pieces of gurantee of quality control. Why not?
chinese helicopters are cheaper with better quality control while russian helicopters are also cheap but more often require costly overhauls; and russian helicopters globally crash the most;
beast, please note that even chinese state media CCTV has reported ongoing fake deals;
again, be await; we all know later
The China today is no more of 10years ago. Russian know u cant try to fool around with China. They gurantee quality control and payment made only when goods are delivered unlike dealing with Indian which Russia demand payment made first.

I am sure China got a good deal before agree to buy 121 of this helo. In the past, Russian don't even bother to paint PLAAF ensign while in Russian factory. From this footage of journalist. U can clearly see PLAAF ensign painted on it before delivered. I am sure even the instruction panel are all written in Chinese.

If Russian offered good price and great quality control. Why would PLAAF reject such deal? Chinese mechanics have great experience dealing with Mi-17. We would not want those trained experience be wasted.

Even US forces buys foreign product like C-27 spartan, belgian machine guns and oto melara 76mm gun. Why would China be exceptional?

Helicopters are an area where China still need to increase production, while Russia has plenty of experience.

We must support Russia economically.Russia cannot support industries as large as those of the Soviet Union, so China needs to help Russia retain some industries that are still competitive.
Not buying helicopters also has to be balanced against other trade.The problem is Russia's future plans. Oil and arms are not forever.
The China today is no more of 10years ago. Russian know u cant try to fool around with China. They gurantee quality control and payment made only when goods are delivered unlike dealing with Indian which Russia demand payment made first.
I am sure China got a good deal before agree to buy 121 of this helo. In the past, Russian don't even bother to paint PLAAF ensign while in Russian factory. From this footage of journalist. U can clearly see PLAAF ensign painted on it before delivered. I am sure even the instruction panel are all written in Chinese.
If Russian offered good price and great quality control. Why would PLAAF reject such deal? Chinese mechanics have great experience dealing with Mi-17. We would not want those trained experience be wasted.
Even US forces buys foreign product like C-27 spartan, belgian machine guns and oto melara 76mm gun. Why would China be exceptional?
Helicopters are an area where China still need to increase production, while Russia has plenty of experience.
hi, my chinese friends; I'm proud chinese; we're all chinese; dude, let us stand up for CHINA

first I think we'd better to carefully discuss about it on chinese forum (rather than here on russian forum); here's what (I believe) our chinese government has done so far in regarding russia; since chinese revolution in 1949, chinese government has considered soviet union as potential enemy because soviet union always tried to expand its power over asia (including china); after the collapse of soviet union in 1991, now russia still tries to stay the power and again to expand it over anywhere if possible; chinese government is well aware of it and keeps precaution against russia; russia also considers china as mere neighbor or potential threat; russia also worries about chinese power over russia and central asia; although two stay good relationship due to US constant pressure on two, it's very important to keep in distance and to block the influence from each other; and I strongly support such chinese government efforts against russia

russia is definitely competitor against china in global arms market; russia always tries to sell its arms to whoever it is (as possible as it could); russia just needs money to stay the industry; fortunately, due to russian shrinking economy and its serious lack of budget, its arms industry has gone dead since the collapse of soviet union in 30 years ago; it lost industries of shipbuilding, aircraft, and ground vehicles; most russian army is still equipped with over-30-year-old soviet weapons; it only slightly upgrades small amounts of its remaining obsolete weapons; many US media now estimate that russia can't even reproduce its soviet-era large ships, aircrafts, and others; on the other hand, china stopped importing russian arms a long time ago and asked russia to stop repeatedly requesting its arms sale to china (https://parstoday.com/en/news/world-i69829-putin_meets_with_senior_chinese_military_official); china makes much better weapons than russia; now russia worries that it loses its ams markets after china exports its arms to asia, africa, and europe

thus, absolutely good for china and US if russian arms industry is dead; while china constantly puts vast investments on its arms industry for manufacturing and further developing everything by our own, it should NOT buy any russian arms, leaving russian industry dead as possible as it could; nevertheless, if there is still something china really needs to buy from russia, it must license-manufacture it on china as like it did in 1990s and 2000s; otherwise, it just feeds russian dying industry

in perspective of trade blance, china already buys russian oil in return while russia buys chinese manufactured goods; now russian people can't live without chinese goods while china can easily buy oil from other countries; it gives better position for china over russia; if russia buys more chinese manufactured goods, china would proportionately buy russian oil; in addition, note that russian economy has been vastly sanctioned by US and Europe, and is still in economic crisis; I believe russia still does NOT have any economic plan to go over it; thus russian economic crisis would continue; desperately, poor russia goes friendly with rich china for money, and it would finally accepts chinese yuan when it trades with china; Long Live China !

:china::china::china:

Last edited:
Its a favor to Russia

Or maybe it was a persuasive suggestion by Russia ,if you order hellicopters, lumber export to China is secured

hi, my chinese friends; I'm proud chinese; we're all chinese; dude, let us stand up for CHINA

first I think we'd better to carefully discuss about it on chinese forum (rather than here on russian forum); here's what (I believe) our chinese government has done so far in regarding russia; since chinese revolution in 1949, chinese government has considered soviet union as potential enemy because soviet union always tried to expand its power over asia (including china); after the collapse of soviet union in 1991, now russia still tries to stay the power and again to expand it over anywhere if possible; chinese government is well aware of it and keeps precaution against russia; russia also considers china as mere neighbor or potential threat; russia also worries about chinese power over russia and central asia; although two stay good relationship due to US constant pressure on two, it's very important to keep in distance and to block the influence from each other; and I strongly support such chinese government efforts against russia

russia is definitely competitor against china in global arms market; russia always tries to sell its arms to whoever it is (as possible as it could); russia just needs money to stay the industry; fortunately, due to russian shrinking economy and its serious lack of budget, its arms industry has gone dead since the collapse of soviet union in 30 years ago; it lost industries of shipbuilding, aircraft, and ground vehicles; most russian army is still equipped with over-30-year-old soviet weapons; it only slightly upgrades small amounts of its remaining obsolete weapons; many US media now estimate that russia can't even reproduce its soviet-era large ships, aircrafts, and others; on the other hand, china stopped importing russian arms a long time ago and asked russia to stop repeatedly requesting its arms sale to china (https://parstoday.com/en/news/world-i69829-putin_meets_with_senior_chinese_military_official); china makes much better weapons than russia; now russia worries that it loses its ams markets after china exports its arms to asia, africa, and europe

thus, absolutely good for china and US if russian arms industry is dead; while china constantly puts vast investments on its arms industry for manufacturing and further developing everything by our own, it should NOT buy any russian arms, leaving russian industry dead as possible as it could; nevertheless, if there is still something china really needs to buy from russia, it must license-manufacture it on china as like it did in 1990s and 2000s; otherwise, it just feeds russian dying industry

in perspective of trade blance, china already buys russian oil in return while russia buys chinese manufactured goods; now russian people can't live without chinese goods while china can easily buy oil from other countries; it gives better position for china over russia; if russia buys more chinese manufactured goods, china would proportionately buy russian oil; in addition, note that russian economy has been vastly sanctioned by US and Europe, and is still in economic crisis; I believe russia still does NOT have any economic plan to go over it; thus russian economic crisis would continue; desperately, poor russia goes friendly with rich china for money, and it would finally accepts chinese yuan when it trades with china; Long Live China !

:china::china::china:
You are too much influenced by American thought.The point is to keep yourself strong instead of letting others fall into chaos.Having a strong enemy can keep us awake and avoid falling.Whether Russia chooses to become our enemy in the future is something that has not happened yet.Don't worry now.

You are too much influenced by American thought.The point is to keep yourself strong instead of letting others fall into chaos.Having a strong enemy can keep us awake and avoid falling.Whether Russia chooses to become our enemy in the future is something that has not happened yet.Don't worry now.
bro, it's NOT my view; it's just what both chinese and russian governments have done today; and you MUST know that russia is already doing many things potentially against china; for instance, russia politically supports india and sells its weapons to india, which eagerly stands against china; and russia sold its weapons to vietnam although china asks russia not to; and russia often engages in north korean nuke program that china does not support; and russia can do more against china if necessary; please keep in mind that russia can't be china's friend; again, I support what chinese government has done so in regarding russia :agree::agree::agree:

Last edited:
again, it's russian report; I really do NOT credit :disagree::disagree::disagree:
russia is always trying to sell weapons to others;
and we have our own outstanding helicopters Z8/18/20;
and we NO longer need russian helicopters Mi 8/17/171
if so, it's probably another fake deal :agree::agree::agree:
just be await; let see if they really come to china

So in your opinion the report is fake, the images of Mi-171Sh with PLA markings are fake and this all is made up to turn a bad light on China? :hitwall: :crazy:

Russia and china are natural allies. As a chinese i support russian culture and closeness between two countries who are not hypocritical liars like the west.

Can't China make its own helicopters? And what's the difference between Chinese and Russian Helicopters?
China can make small to medium-large size helicopters, such as Z-9, Z-10 and Z-20s. China is still developing its own large helicopter. Plus, Russian helicopters are highly reliable and battle-proven. Not a bad idea to buy some to learn.

Thanks, that's exactly the reason, why India still purchases most of its weapons from abroad! :omghaha:

We purchase from other country but not those things which we made ourselves. We make light attack helicopter ourselves and hence we don't buy it from abroad. China says that they make fifth generation plane from abroad but imports forth generation plane. This is the difference.

So in your opinion the report is fake, the images of Mi-171Sh with PLA markings are fake and this all is made up to turn a bad light on China? :hitwall: :crazy:
probably, image is true, but let see if they really come to china; because there were so many fake contracts between russia and china; again, russia always eager to sell its arms to everyone (including even US); and china strongly asked russia to stop requesting its arms sale to china right after it bought useless SU35/S400 from russia in 2016; further, russia recently wants even military alliance with china, potentially fighting together against NATO although china doesn't want such alliance; again, very clear that russia and china can't go together; thus also very interesting to see how two nukes would react to each other in the future :agree::agree::agree:

Exactly.

Its quite bizarre and weird for people on PDF to think that Russia today has nothing to offer CHina militarily. SO WEIRD. Russia is a top global arms supplier and the Russian Military Industrial Complex(MIC) today is surely leaner, meaner, and deadlier, thanks alot to Putin who got them back on their feet to arm customers and the Russian military competitively.

Back
Top Bottom