What's new

China needs to worry about effect of India industrial transfer on production chain

In winter, beans from Hainan Island will be delivered to my city, and the price is cheap. I just can't imagine how expensive it will be if we want to have Hami melon from Xinjiang with roberry at each border!

in China, the similar tax is called as "厘金". This tax started from the 3rd year of Xianfeng era (清咸丰三年, 1853), and abolished in 1930, by KMT. When the collection of 厘金 was ceased, KMT mentioned the following in the statement:
一般辦釐金者,皆視中飽為故常,以敲剝為能事,無數人員宮室之美,妻妾之奉,悉由侵蝕國家之收入,吮吸人民之膏血而來,……是故釐金不廢,吏治決無由澄清,人心決無法矯正,民生主義,亦無由實現,即國民革命更無由完成。
(A quick translation to the Chinese above: this tax is the source of the horrible corruption of our political system. There is no chance for us to make our country better, unless we make this tax collection abolished. )

Even KMT could not tolerate the low efficiency and corruption resulted by this tax...

Last edited:
in China, the similar tax is called as "厘金". This tax started from the 3rd year of Xianfeng era (清咸丰三年, 1853), and abolished in 1930, by KMT. When the collection of 厘金 was ceased, KMT mentioned the following in the statement:
一般辦釐金者,皆視中飽為故常,以敲剝為能事,無數人員宮室之美,妻妾之奉,悉由侵蝕國家之收入,吮吸人民之膏血而來,……是故釐金不廢,吏治決無由澄清,人心決無法矯正,民生主義,亦無由實現,即國民革命更無由完成。

Even KMT could not tolerate the low efficiency and corruption resulted by this tax...
Such tax is a sign of decentralisation.
For india which I think is not really a culturally and mentally centralised country, implementation at the state level will be disastrous.

atually the GST will most likely not solve India's problems. malaysia is a prime example of its failure. It succeeded in Singapore becos Singapore is a small nation with jsut 1 single state- Singapore.

atually the GST will most likely not solve India's problems. malaysia is a prime example of its failure. It succeeded in Singapore becos Singapore is a small nation with jsut 1 single state- Singapore.
Value added tax in China is collected by the tax bureau at each province/city/county, and this tax bureau does not belong to the provincial government but directly responsible to State Council.....

For a very long time, I always have a doubt about the vehicle MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) system in India. The vehicle MSRP, in most countries, are uniform across the country. But in India, MSRP always varies cities by cities. I can not understand this for a very long time. Now, the doubt be answered!!

Look at the following two tables to show the MSRP of Chevrolet Enjoy in Mumbai and Delhi. The Chev. buyer in Mumbai needs to pay 5% more than peers in Delhi!

Chev1.jpg

Chev2.jpg

BTW, the equivalent Chev. Enjoy model is called as Wuling Hongguang (五菱宏光) in China. Hongguang is priced from CNY 42,800, or Rs. 428,000. Compared to the price in India, I doubt how the magic PPP Indian money takes effect...

For a very long time, I always have a doubt about the vehicle MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) system in India. The vehicle MSRP, in most countries, are uniform across the country. But in India, MSRP always varies cities by cities. I can not understand this for a very long time. Now, the doubt be answered!!

Look at the following two tables to show the MSRP of Chevrolet Enjoy in Mumbai and Delhi. The Chev. buyer in Mumbai needs to pay 5% more than peers in Delhi!

View attachment 338929

View attachment 338930

BTW, the equivalent Chev. Enjoy model is called as Wuling Hongguang (五菱宏光) in China. Hongguang is priced from CNY 42,800, or Rs. 428,000. Compared to the price in India, I doubt how the magic PPP Indian money takes effect...
:o:

I dun think the US implements it(correct me if im wrong). they are still liable to paying taxes. in Singapore, as we are using the GST system, all Singaporeans do not pay income taxes as that tax has been replaced by the GST we pay for in our expenses.
Entirely relying on GST is usually considered robbing the poor.

This is pretty much how all functioning countries tax goods and services. I can't believe an aspiring superpower such as India didn't have this for seventy years... Just wow.
Some countries rely on GST, some on income tax. Some combined. But I have never heard any major country has such regional border check.

How is the situation in Malaysia?
@powastick

Entirely relying on GST is usually considered robbing the poor.

Some countries rely on GST, some on income tax. Some combined. But I have never heard any major country has such regional border check.

How is the situation in Malaysia?
@powastick
People whining about the 6% gst. If not for the it, falling oil prices would meant fiscal deficit would be a huge problem.

What's your prediction on the implementation of GST? Will they still install checkpoint not for tax but for other reasons

Make in India, DMIC and even the policy of GST was first issued by the Congress Government. However, they failed to implement them because the BJP opposition each time blocked the move in Parliament.Congress will now repay their kindness in full along with their coalition partners. Which means my dear Brother the implementation of the GST will not occur for at least Modi first term in office. Personally, I don't think the bill will ever be implemented. This is the flaw of democracy henceforth a one party system can get things done much faster, obviously with checks and balances. In regards to your second question, you would have to ask an Indian.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom