What's new

China may not veto US move for action inside Pakistan

Almost China never uses its veto. In the history of UN, China has only used veto 6 times, whereas Russia used 123 times and US 82 times. China, most of the time, abstains

Was he talking about today or its potential over a decade? But hey India would never cross Hong Kong in GDP right?

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said "We have set an objective (in the joint statement) to increase the two-way trade volume from 13.6 billion dollar at present (in 2004 ) to 20 billion dollar by 2008.....we plan to take it to 30 billion dollar by 2010."

In 2010, for Wen Jiabao's surprise the trade was 60 billion, double the then optimistic estimate of 30 billion dollars.

Add Americans to it too. All my American friends call Chinese 'Chinks'. So now you can start generalizing all of America too.

Yeah, I'm supposed to believe you here. :lol:

I have American friends here in Hong Kong, not one of them has ever used that word.

But hey India would never cross Hong Kong in GDP right?

In GDP per capita? I very much doubt it.

Yes, the US government and the Chinese government have both thought long and hard about it.

Result =

1) The USA is the largest source of external funding for the Pakistani Army
2) China is the biggest supplier and supporter of the Pakistani Army

Okay you know what, ask your Pakistani friends on this forum if they think US is their friend. I am sure you would get your answer loud and clear.

PS: Don't use the come back reality speaks for itself. Thats BS. Also do you follow American news?

Almost China never uses its veto. In the history of UN, China has only used veto 6 times, whereas Russia used 123 times and US 82 times. China, most of the time, abstains

The PRC's very FIRST use of the veto power... was on behalf of Pakistan.

Check it yourself.

I agree loss of partner is more important than $500 billions. But the milliion dollor question is what partner?
1. A failed state which can give nothing to you comparing to India.
2. If you support for war to Pakistan, what are other consequence, there will be huge noise in UN over china.

Overall it might be ur view not your govt else where were those partner in kargil/1971 why you ditch ur partner?

It a big politics, Every county thinks 50 times weather to support Pak/India , its not the kids talk on this forum. its the real scenario.

Why you support India UNSC seat? at least from some media. Why dont you openly say we dare to bycott it.

when the Indians to stop self-illusion?

Pakistan is a strategic ally, its potential and value, we have discussed several times in the PDF, and the traditional friendship and support, the Chinese people to betray such a friend, it is not possible, a zero-sum thinking of the Indians is deeply rooted.

The United Nations? United Nations does not mean the United States and india. you do not even know it.

Yes, the US government and the Chinese government have both thought long and hard about it.

1. China thought not to veto on Let, Jed etc etc and ditch Pak.
2. China thought to ditch pak on Kargil/1971
3. China thought not to oppose drone -formaly

I guess US thought cut the channel bw Pak-China ---> hire Pak GOVT the only channel will be blocked. Nice move by US.

4. China thought ditch the PAK and let them Die on their stage day by day.

Truth is visible. Cant be hidden.

Is this the reason India is willing to increase the trade deficit to China? Why Manmohan Singh was so buddy-buddy towards us recently even despite the stapled visas issue? I.e. trying to make us a stakeholder.

Anyway, China-India trade is only $60 billion, it's not that much.

In contrast, China-Hong Kong trade is over $200 billion a year.

It is not India; it is China that is buddy-buddy with India regarding trade. Do you know that China has abandoned its staple visa under India’s pressure? As regarding the trade, India would be better off without trade with China. Out of the 60 billion USD, 45 billion goes to China. There is a large trade deficit between India and China

Yeah, I'm supposed to believe you here. :lol:

I have American friends here in Hong Kong, not one of them has ever used that word.

Dah, they are in China. Would you call Americans fat a$$es in their country to their face?

In GDP per capita? I very much doubt it.

I thought GDP per capita is not relevant to trade volume. May be I should learn economics from you. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

I agree, you see, because Americans know that China will veto it, it will not even prepare a proposal on the table. China will not veto it, because no chance.

LOL tell me what you can offer to us?

Pakistan gives us:

1) Gwadar port, which allows us to bypass the Indian ocean and the Malacca straits
2) A land-link to the Middle East for oil pipelines
3) A gateway to the resource-rich Islamic world, which is absolutely essential for China

What can India give us?

1) A big market? We already sell to your market anyway, and we have a nice big trade-surplus with India.
2) ?

Pakistan is a strategic ally, its potential and value, we have discussed several times in the PDF, and the traditional friendship and support, the Chinese people to betray such a friend, it is not possible, a zero-sum thinking of the Indians is deeply rooted.

The United Nations? United Nations does not mean the United States and india. you do not even know it.

China is all about plain talk and no action....where was China when Kargil happened? It was US and not China that came to the rescue of Pakistan

1. China thought not to veto on Let, Jed etc etc and ditch Pak.
2. China thought to ditch pak on Kargil/1971
3. China thought not to oppose drone -formaly

I guess US thought cut the channel bw Pak-China ---> hire Pak GOVT the only channel will be blocked. Nice move by US.

4. China thought ditch the PAK and let them Die on their stage day by day.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

China is all about plain talk and no action....where was China when Kargil happened? It was US and not China that came to the rescue of Pakistan

Would you call Americans fat a$$es in their country to their face?

I wouldn't call them "fat a$$es" full-stop.

Despite being strategic rivals, I do admire many things about America. The American people have made their country the number one superpower, they deserve credit for that. And I would make the same argument about Japan, they have achieved many things and deserve respect for that.

About India? Well, they seem to enjoy labelling us "chinks" for no reason, and there is not much to respect about their achievements. So, it doesn't look good.

It is not India; it is China that is buddy-buddy with India regarding trade. Do you know that China has abandoned its staple visa under India’s pressure? As regarding the trade, India would be better off without trade with China. Out of the 60 billion USD, 45 billion goes to China. There is a large trade deficit between India and China

It is not a good idea to stop trade with China because of the trade deficit. Indian market is learning to live with the competitiveness of the Chinese market. This is invaluable experience for local manufacturers to stay competitive despite the currency controlled exports from China.

China with its ever increasing labour cost is not going to be a cheap manufacturing destination for ever with its middle class bulging and an ascent of wealth in the country. India will be favourably placed to get a part of this pie. Check the automotive manufacturing in Chennai. It is just incredible to see tens of thousands of vehicles on the port.

:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom