What's new

China may not overtake America this century after all

Probably not. But we're in it for the long-run.

Places like Hong Kong and Singapore (majority ethnic Chinese) have achieved some of the highest per-capita income rates in the world. So it's not a stretch to think that China can eventually reach this per-capita level, the question is how long will it take.

The Anglo-Saxons are in it for the long run too....and seem to be better at it.

The Anglo-Saxons are in it for the long run too....and seem to be better at it.

The only real Anglo-Saxon power in the world is America.

And Anglo-Saxons make up only about 50% of the population and shrinking.

Maybe you mean the Anglo-Saxon "ideology" will continue to dominate. Maybe so.

Anglo-Saxons have proven themselves in the last 200 years, maybe that's what you mean by "long run". But how long is the "long run"? The Chinese state has been around in some form for over 4000 overs. And we'll come back to a strong position eventually, the only question is how long will it take and can we sustain it.

The only real Anglo-Saxon power in the world is America.

And Anglo-Saxons make up only about 50% of the population and shrinking.

Maybe you mean the Anglo-Saxon "ideology" will continue to dominate. Maybe so.

Anglo-Saxons have proven themselves in the last 200 years, maybe that's what you mean by "long run". But how long is the "long run"? The Chinese state has been around in some form for over 4000 overs. And we'll come back to a strong position eventually, the only question is how long will it take and can we sustain it.

Lol, Anglo....Saxons, Jutes....didn't pop into exsistance 200 years ago....mentioned since Roman times.....Germanic tribes even longer. None of us are any older than any other.....unless you believe Chinese come from the local erectus (I don"t)

Lol, Anglo....Saxons, Jutes....didn't pop into exsistance 200 years ago....mentioned since Roman times.....Germanic tribes even longer. None of us are any older than any other.....unless you believe Chinese come from the local erectus (I don"t)

But they did become a significant world power around 200 years ago. :no:

China and other Asian civilizations made up the bulk of world GDP for 18 of the past 20 centuries, according to the Financial Times.

That's a pretty good long run. No reason to think we can't achieve that again, albeit starting from a very low point.

China and other Asian civilizations made up the bulk of world GDP for 18 of the past 20 centuries, according to the Financial Times.

That's a pretty good long run. No reason to think we can't achieve that again, albeit starting from a very low point.

These things do tend to cycle.....China and Rome became local powers at close to the same time (local micro powers existed in both regions....but I'm talking major ones)....but modern economies aren't the same as historical ones....let's see where the future takes us. I believe it will be far more class oriented than race or nation.

These things do tend to cycle.....China and Rome became local powers at close to the same time (local micro powers existed in both regions....but I'm talking major ones)....but modern economies aren't the same as historical ones....let's see where the future takes us. I believe it will be far more class oriented than race or nation.

That's true. History goes in a cycle.

What do you mean by "class-orientated"?

That's true. History goes in a cycle.

What do you mean by "class-orientated"?
To put it simply....money. In the past if a Chinese guy came to my town....I could rule his world. Nowadays...if he was rich and I was poor....I can pack sand.

To put it simply....money. In the past if a Chinese guy came to my town....I could rule his world. Nowadays...if he was rich and I was poor....I can pack sand.

Oh right.

I agree. And I think class divisions are perhaps the oldest divisions in the world.

Oh right.

I agree. And I think class divisions are perhaps the oldest divisions in the world.
They are, but they became institutionalized, as the rich tried to cement their position. The Germanics had a boost through valuing fighting over wealth (still wealth....as booty was important...same with the most successful Asiatic forces). But it is Corporations that will rule us now....and they don't give a damned what your racial heritage is.

Saxons ruled Britain from around 4th century A.D to 9 century A.D (I have to get the dates right here). Some of them gave up their paganism and adopted Christianity. These guys integrated into Britain society becoming Anglo saxons. Just like Mongols in Chinese society.

Saxons are physically and mentally tough guys who terrorized Europe with their raids and looting.

China has planned to invest Billions in Science & Tech so I think they can meet the challenges easily & also thier Leaders are committed to make china a superpower that's what matters the most

throwing a trillion cannot produce an einstein, newton, mozart, gandhi or deng.

Probably not. But we're in it for the long-run.

Places like Hong Kong and Singapore (majority ethnic Chinese) have achieved some of the highest per-capita income rates in the world. So it's not a stretch to think that China can eventually reach this per-capita level, the question is how long will it take.

when you mention Singapore or HK, you should compare it only to beijing or Shanghai, not the whole of china. and remember for SGP and HK, the
hardware' may be chinese but the
software' definitely isnt.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but isn't there like 87 years left before this century end? Its still to soon before we start making judgement on China.

throwing a trillion cannot produce an einstein, newton, mozart, gandhi or deng.

No, but you can produces quality human resources with a high skill. In here our government don't put such high priority toward education like China did so our human resources skill are.... Lagging at best. Beside I will trade 1 Einstein for an army of Scientist.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but isn't there like 87 years left before this century end? Its still to soon before we start making judgement on China.

No, but you can produces quality human resources with a high skill. In here our government don't put such high priority toward education like China did so our human resources skill are.... Lagging at best. Beside I will trade 1 Einstein for an army of Scientist.
hmm.. thats a point of ivew. I think i would still have the 1 einstein to give the army of scientists some work to do.
anyways, I am not disparaging what they are doing. What I mean to say is that a plkace like Silicon valley, the the Renaissance, industrial revolution etc are products of human ingenuity and cant be created with money.

hmm.. thats a point of ivew. I think i would still have the 1 einstein to give the army of scientists some work to do.
anyways, I am not disparaging what they are doing. What I mean to say is that a plkace like Silicon valley, the the Renaissance, industrial revolution etc are products of human ingenuity and cant be created with money.

LOL. You must be joking right? The Renaissance, The Industrial Revolution all of its are product of Capital. The Renaissance for example are undeniable proof what money can do to human society.

300px-David_von_Michelangelo.jpg

You think this Sh*t is cheap to make!

Back
Top Bottom