What's new

China may export J-10B fighters with Russian AL31FN-S3 engines to Pakistan

100 is not a good number Pakistan has squadrons of 18 aircraft so i would say 126 aircraft or 7 squadrons.

china will not export the j11d as the system is not as capable as its Russian counterparts. and would find it hard to imagine Pakistan buying 100 of these jets because i doubt china will sell the jets and also 100 is a stupid number i would say 108 jets which enough for 6 squadrons. remember Pakistan has 18 jets per squadron.
if you want to live in a fantasy i would say
270 jf17's =15 squadrons
126 f16=7 squadrons
180 fc-20=10 squadrons
72 j11b = 4 squadrons
total 36 squadrons

or substitute the j11's for su35's (never going to happen)
Numbers are quite good but what about maintenance cost can our air force afford maintenance cost ???

I highly doubt it. PAF is currently looking at future proofing themselves, so they're going to go for 5th gen. Until then, more JF-17s, and F-16s are probably on the cards.

I agree completely and would prefer J-11 over J-10. a heavy twin engine jet can serve as missile and bomb platform but will require radical change in PAF thinking.. I disagree with inducting 100s of whatever of these two aircrafts though
instead inducting few for stop gap until J-31 becomes a reality .

Don't think PAF will go for J31. Right now only Chinese made J10 is fully commissioned and even now China ordered more Russian engine to replace Chinese ones. Refer to Chinese test pilot views on WS10 engines. Where he completely rejected and ask for much more modifications in engine.

We would I am dam sure about it
imgres

57580645.jpg

So if the news is true, J-10B will be a great acquisition.

It has AESA radar and its Saturn AL-31 engine is a thrust vectoring type. Pakistan does not have these two capabilities

The WS10, China's flagship jet fighter engine, remained seriously flawed after a quarter of century of development effort. The WS10 engine was intended to equip the new J-10 fighter, low-rate initial production of which was authorised in 2002. But at least the initial run of fifty J-10 aircraft were to be fitted with Russian AL-31F engines instead. The WS10 engine was reverse-engineered from the CFM-56 commercial turbofan, which in turn was a derivative of the General Electric F101 engine originally designed for the 1960s-era Advanced Manned Strategic Aircraft, which was eventually deployed as the B-1 bomber.

Yes, China's archilles hills are engines.

If not for the sanctions we could provide some cooperarion with them in this field.

never tho
or substitute the j11's and su35's for J-31.... that will happen
never thought of that but i can force the j-31 being apart of the PAF.

Numbers are quite good but what about maintenance cost can our air force afford maintenance cost ???
this will be in the future. and in the future the economy will be much better than today. so money should not be a problem in the future , should the current government improve the economy.

This might be a stupid question.

But can't we ask UAE to sell their block 60s to us onnce they start induction of Rafael's.?

Back
Top Bottom