What's new

China makes inroads in Sri Lanka

Yes I agree the trouble India caused by allowing LTTE training and Terror camps in Sri Lanka and India wouldn't even sell defensive weapons.

Pakistani try to understand the facts , according to skyline only 4.2% of tamils population in north just think that small percentage itself fought against SL for more than 30yrs and they ran parallel government. Actually SL govt worthless to contain mighty LTTE, India assisted they won.

In addition from Rameshwaram to north Tamils region is just 28 km , if India govt not stationed its warship at that time means huge number of LTTE cadets would be saved and India blocked the weapons supply from NK those things facilitate their defeats. TN having 119 tamils refugee camp from 1983.

It seems PRC woke up very late after much of it was destroyed in mainland.

these holidays and festivals were never banned by PRC,``well not supurised, you lot are brainwahsed and ignorant

When SL trying to have 3D radar system from Israel, India blocked it and gave 2D radar system. Then Sri Lanka got 3D-radar system from China.

Indian 2D radar system wasn't capable of detecting low flying planes.

That didn't stop LTTE in carrying out a suicide attack on Vavuniya AFB to destroy the Indian Radars.

Security Forces crush major terror attack at Vavuniya; 10 LTTE bodies found [Photo Updated]

According to Air Force sources, an LTTE air craft was detected in the early warning radar monitors at around 3.26 a.m., while another was spotted 5 minutes later. SLAF jets took on the hunt intercepting the enemy craft and reportedly shot down one, in the Mullaittivu skies around 4a.m.

This shows that Indian radars was working just fine.

As for the visa part...there is no mention that they belonged to TN.Even if they are they can very well be SL Tamil refugees coming back to their homeland 'illegally'.

lol``now we know why Indians are disliked everywhere, because they are incompetent yet jealous of others to get developed, and plus they are extreemly brainwashed and ignorant, yet trying to lecturing others history and geography... the fact is India's history is always written by others```

what was cultural revolution.
political chaos, we were all part of it``

That didn't stop LTTE in carrying out a suicide attack on Vavuniya AFB to destroy the Indian Radars.

Security Forces crush major terror attack at Vavuniya; 10 LTTE bodies found [Photo Updated]

This shows that Indian radars was working just fine.

As for the visa part...there is no mention that they belonged to TN.Even if they are they can very well be SL Tamil refugees coming back to their homeland 'illegally'.

haha yep, SL government told it detected, I clearly member on papers mentioned actually it didn't detect. if actually it detects why sri lanka need to have 3D radar system from China?
Lanka wanted U.S. help as Indian radars ‘not sufficient’ - Wikileaks

--------

SL refugee Tamils don't need to take Indian passport to come Sri Lanka. There is a program with UN.
again If they are SL Tamils then we can't deport them back to India. lol just try to understand.

--------

http://www.adaderana.lk/news.php?nid=12355

March 17, 2012 05:46 pm

Indian prisoners serving long sentences in Sri Lanka’s main prison say they feel badly let down by Indian authorities. A spokesperson for the 30 Indian men and three women in the Wellikade Jail said that despite the existence of a bilateral pact, New Delhi was making no efforts to take them back so that they could serve their sentences in Indian jails.

Most Indians in Sri Lankan jails are either from Kerala or Tamil Nadu. They were arrested for a variety of criminal offences. “We know that all our papers have gone from Colombo to Delhi,” said the prisoner. “It has been months now. Our medical tests for repatriation took place four months ago.

“Officials here (Sri Lanka) say the moment these documents return from Delhi, the repatriation will start. We have spoken to MPs, even ministers in Kerala. They are doing what they can but we continue to rot here.” Both this prisoner as well as another who returned home to India recently after completing his 14-year jail term complained that Indian High Commission officials in Colombo rarely ever visited them.

“Our people in Sri Lanka are really suffering,” said M.D. Durai Manikkam, from Trichy in Tamil Nadu. “I was in jail for 14 years and three months. You will be shocked to know that during this long period, I saw our high commission officials come to meet us only eight times in all.

“They would not come even on occasions like Pongal, Onam, Diwali and Christmas.”This was in contrast to the regular consular visits that prisoners from other countries get. Pakistani diplomats regularly come. Those from the West and also Singapore even bring books for prisoners from their countries.

“What we got was indifference. Is it because we are south Indians?” he asked. The prisoner who spoke from Colombo said while Sri Lankan prison officials were kind, there were often shortages of medicines. “This is one major problem.” But they both agreed that food was never an issue.

The Indians are serving various jail terms, some sentenced for up to 19 years. They say that if they are in Indian jails, their families - too poor to afford air travel to Colombo - can periodically visit them. Reportedly, one prisoner suffers from partial paralysis and another is seriously asthmatic.

“We feel Delhi is indifferent both because we are not from north India and because we don’t have votes,” said the Indian still in jail. “When we don’t vote, what value can we have for any political party?”

- IANS

----------

People from Kerala are less, majority of Indians who are SL prisons are from Tamilnadu.

haha yep, SL government told it detected, I clearly member on papers mentioned actually it didn't detect. if actually it detects why sri lanka need to have 3D radar system from China?
Lanka wanted U.S. help as Indian radars ‘not sufficient’ - Wikileaks

I will go with Govt statement in this one bcs you cannot launch a fighter sortie without detection.
Even if its useless, it doesn't explain why LTTE took such pains in trying to destroy the radar which included suicide commando attack backed by artillery & air raid. I can post the LTTE propoganda video about this attack if you want.[/QUOTE]

SL refugee Tamils don't need to take Indian passport to come Sri Lanka. There is a program with UN.
again If they are SL Tamils then we can't deport them back to India. lol just try to understand.

They may be afraid of persecution in interment camps.

I will go with Govt statement in this one bcs you cannot launch a fighter sortie without detection.
Even if its useless, it doesn't explain why LTTE took such pains in trying to destroy the radar which included suicide commando attack backed by artillery & air raid. I can post the LTTE propoganda video about this attack if you want.

They may be afraid of persecution in interment camps.

I have watched that video!

what a joke mate,
this program work with UNHCR and SL government.

I
what a joke mate,
this program work with UNHCR and SL government.

I am not an expert in the psychological analysis of SL Tamil refugees. Recently 150 SL Tamils from refugee camps in TN were arrested in Kerala for trying to get to Australia. According to your statement they could have easily returned to SL...., but then whey dirt poor as they are try to pay human traffickers and take the dangerous route to Australia, it baffles me.

Götterdämmerung;3025591 said:
So, it was unannounced and unoffical which means there was no such offical title while the French and Chinese monarchies and republics officially claimed to be the legitimate successor of the previous regime and recognised as such internationally.

Interesting.

Those rulers need others to recognise their soveriegnity... But in hindustan, the ruler of delhi was considered ruler of hindustan..

If you want to invest in the South Asian region, you can't go wrong with Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka has the fastest GDP growth rate in South Asia, followed by Bhutan. :cheers:
Correct..Sri Lanka is growing faster than China as well..surely a place to invest:tup::tup::tup::cheers:
Oops,but i dont think that you know..growth rate of "Major economies" is more viable to compare.. -.-

Chinese company gets $382m dam deal in Sri Lanka

Updated: 2012-06-08 18:02 ( Xinhua)

COLOMBO - Sri Lanka's government has handed over the contract of a large dam project to a Chinese company, an official said here Friday.

Sinohydro Corporation was given the construction of the Moragahakanda Project, which is the second largest tank ever built in Sri Lanka, according to Irrigation and Water Resources Management Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva.

"We are grateful for the assistance given by China. In a few years we hope to become a country that will not depend on foreign loans and fund our own development," Silva said at the signing ceremony.

"This is yet another step in that direction," he said.

The total cost of the venture is estimated to be $382 million.

In the first stage, the project is expected to provide water to 82,000 hectares of farming land.

Chinese company gets $382m dam deal in Sri Lanka |Companies |chinadaily.com.cn

Chinese company gets $382m dam deal in Sri Lanka

Updated: 2012-06-08 18:02 ( Xinhua)

COLOMBO - Sri Lanka's government has handed over the contract of a large dam project to a Chinese company, an official said here Friday.

Sinohydro Corporation was given the construction of the Moragahakanda Project, which is the second largest tank ever built in Sri Lanka, according to Irrigation and Water Resources Management Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva.

"We are grateful for the assistance given by China. In a few years we hope to become a country that will not depend on foreign loans and fund our own development," Silva said at the signing ceremony.

"This is yet another step in that direction," he said.

The total cost of the venture is estimated to be $382 million.

In the first stage, the project is expected to provide water to 82,000 hectares of farming land.

Chinese company gets $382m dam deal in Sri Lanka |Companies |chinadaily.com.cn

didn't see your post. :D

The idea of "Indians" or "Hindustanis" or "Bharatis" isn't a recent idea.

There was never a "European" or "African" even in the Roman times, but there was a "Hindustani", "Bharati", "Indian" well before the British. That idea was there in the Indians, Arabs,Persians(M.E.), and the Greeks(Euros). That's all that matters.

you are right.. Bharat or Hindustan is how we were known always. So this chinese has very poor knowledge (reason ccp indoctrination)

This is what it says in history, that the subcontinent was full of Independent kingdoms, until it was united into one entity with a central authority by the colonialists.

"India is merely a geographical expression. It is no more a single country than the Equator."

- Winston Churchill

Now let's get back on topic, or we're going to start getting infractions for off-topic.

hey chinese Indian history is more advanced, Old and culturally rich from centuries to this day.

what u chinese are can be described by one word - Robot (Atheists with no feelings).. I doubt ur nations ability to
hold itself togwther for 1 month if not forced by ccp. So much for the forced boundaries created by barbaric rule.

Back
Top Bottom