What's new

China learn from new delhi to build its BRT!!

2008nnd,stop posting these irrelevant pictures,i know you live in Nanjing,and you are proud of your city,but Nanjing is not representing the whole china,don't go this way even though you pissed , you are the student of confucianists

and buddy,dont be so seriousness, i think this forum is quite comprehensive and tolerant!

I request thread starter to change the thread name...it should be......''New Delhi must learn from China to build its BRT....''' Indian politicians r Sucks....

Flashy. I wouldn't say its right for India. India's mass transportation even behind was built for India and its commuters. No offence to the Mainland Chinese on the forum but even HK and Japan don't have it that clean if you know what I mean. Even though these projects were for the most part built ahead of schedule they ended up costing a lot of money and still doesn't make money. Some of these mass transportation systems in China, not all of them. I had read somewhere before that in China they had built a bullet train plus rail but with not the expected commuters means that it ends up costing China. The advantage being that with out the red tape, concept becomes reality that much more quickly. But how sound was the concept. With out debating such concepts and planning, they end up as a burden quite a few times. If you look at HK, Japan, Korea, India or Pakistan; there needs to be a large demand for it. Once conventionalized and finalized, the lowest bidder gets the contract to possibly save money. The real question being is where the local governments get the funding to keep running it? Projects in "other" developing countries were slow paced and in the pipeworks for decades before the first brick was laid. The is true for most democracies even Pakistan which has a working civil debaters but a general and commander and president. In my province which is oil rich and the fastest developing cities in Northen Americas, there was a concept for a bullet train stretching 300-400 kms to the capital and the 2nd largest city. It was an idea decades ago and still is. My provincial gov thought that there wouldn't be enough demand and wouldn't pay for its self. The project cost would have been close to 20 billion dollars. Not cheap even for my debt free province. It wouldn't pay for itself and even though firms took the idea and made concepts and estimated cost, its still on hold for atleast another decade! So the question must be asked! is it a realistic solution? Mass transportation is suppose to be for MASSES of people at a cost...always.

Does anyone have threads related to bullet train projects in China? I can't even find them on skyscraper today. Its like the hype has faded. Pity though. Not a lot of bullet trains exist out side of europe and japan as of yet.

The BRT in Delhi is not going great guns, in fact in some places its a pain.

The Metro on the other hand is a masterpiece.

The BRT in Delhi is not going great guns, in fact in some places its a pain.

The Metro on the other hand is a masterpiece.

yep,may be you r right! i think metro is more fit for the big city like new delhi which get a huge number of population , BRT is fit for some small city like my city and also fit for some small city in india!

2008nnd dude.... your city is beautiful! :smitten:
And the cleanliness, transport system ....looks awesome.....

Back
Top Bottom