What's new

China - J-11 Modernization program

Don't make assumptions based on silly 'insider' nonesense, i have read some 'insider' information and most of it can be disregarded as fanboy nonesense like the one about China having the most 'powerful' AESA of any '5th generation aircraft', i would like to know how those insiders came to that conclusion when most existing '5th generation' radars are either completely classified or very little is know about them, Again it just shows that much of the 'insider' information can not be taken seriously.

Now to the highlited part.

The Typhoon and Rafale are two of the most sophisticaded aircraft in the world. Do you have any idea how good the Rafales spectra is? And yes the Spectra uses AESA.

Funny thing is, these "insider" things are exactly what led to the predictions of the J-10B and J-20. Nowhere did it say that it would have the "most powerful" AESA in the world (although CAC employee did say it was the largest).

Two of the most sophisticated aircraft? Let's see, lack of visible RCS reduction features in airframe, lack of AESA radar. Do you honestly publicity will make them more sophisticated than planes like the F-15SE or Super Hornet? The SPECTRA is a self protection system that reduces the aircraft's RCS. It does not give it extra tracking abilities. Nanjing University is testing a similar system.

Two of the most sophisticated aircraft? Let's see, lack of visible RCS reduction features in airframe, lack of AESA radar. Do you honestly publicity will make them more sophisticated than planes like the F-15SE or Super Hornet? The SPECTRA is a self protection system that reduces the aircraft's RCS. It does not give it extra tracking abilities. Nanjing University is testing a similar system.

Both aircraft especially the Rafale have RCS reduction. Now for AESA both, the Rafale as well as the Typhoon have AESA radars that are in development and in fact the Rafale uses AESA modules so implementing AESA is not a problem, there is little rush to spend hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars in replacing perfectly capable radars, and lets not bring up aircraft such as the Super Hornet, the conversation was about you claming that Chinese aircraft are superior to European ones (Rafale and Typhoon) and in fact the Indians illiminated the Super Hornet in favor of either the Typhoon or Rafale, that speaks volumes about the aircraft. And when did I ever mention anything about the Spectra having tracking abilities? The Spectra enhances the Rafale’s battlefield survivability dramatically, that is one of the most important factors in any aircraft--deny the enemy the ability to see you and then kill them that is what Spectra does. And what is your point about Nanjing University testing a 'similar' system? Do you believe that Nanjing University can compete with companies such as Thales? Even if whatever Nanjing University is testing is similar what makes you think that it will ever go into production? And if it does go into production, when?

And aircraft are made up of many systems that include offensive as well as defensive systems, a radar is only one part of the puzzle. I can name dozens of features or sensors other than radar that play a pivotal role in any combat situation, so what makes you think that China has outdone both the Rafale and the Typhoon in avionics?

Woah, Chinese calling Canadians, dogs? The next thing you know, the Japanese never massacred 20 million to-be-communists. They did good for the world, no?
Funny how you mentioned Canadians like you somehow represent them. You are right though. I am sorry to have insulted dogs by comparing you to them.

In any case, here is the post your kind so purposefully reported {of course without the objectionable material}

Sinosoldier proved his Chinese-Canadian point with speculation. I hope you can do better than just air talk.
Heh, for a guy without absolutely zero substance in his post and been banned more times for stupidity than I can count, you sure have little shame in calling others' statements air talk. I actually feel sorry for how pathetic you are. Have you taken your medications lately?

The only thing proven here is your unparalleled ability at denial.

Can't see the word AESA?

Here, I'll point that out to you:

"5有源相控阵雷达(AESA)"

And never did it say speculation. It said "overview", a synonym of "conclusion". Not too smooth on your English, are you, "Canadian" guy?

The Europeans have already been surpassed by the J-11B, J-15, J-10B, and J-20. Europe currently does not have the technology advanced enough as the above planes. Or have you not bothered to read previous posts or articles at all?

Chinese guy, what part of
Not once was the guest quoted stating that "AESA" will be mounted on any jet
do you not understand?

The summary was written by whoever delivered this report, not the word of the "insider." You can clearly conclude from the quoted conversation, that he offered no insight into this fighter-borne AESA. Understanding your own source is fundamental to any argument. Oh wait, your Chinese, so you have to source from enthusiast blogs, like this and Hawkeye.

Both aircraft especially the Rafale have RCS reduction. Now for AESA both, the Rafale as well as the Typhoon have AESA radars that are in development and in fact the Rafale uses AESA modules so implementing AESA is not a problem, there is little rush to spend hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars in replacing perfectly capable radars, and lets not bring up aircraft such as the Super Hornet, the conversation was about you claming that Chinese aircraft are superior to European ones (Rafale and Typhoon) and in fact the Indians illiminated the Super Hornet in favor of either the Typhoon or Rafale, that speaks volumes about the aircraft. And when did I ever mention anything about the Spectra having tracking abilities? The Spectra enhances the Rafale’s battlefield survivability dramatically, that is one of the most important factors in any aircraft--deny the enemy the ability to see you and then kill them that is what Spectra does. And what is your point about Nanjing University testing a 'similar' system? Do you believe that Nanjing University can compete with companies such as Thales? Even if whatever Nanjing University is testing is similar what makes you think that it will ever go into production? And if it does go into production, when?

And aircraft are made up of many systems that include offensive as well as defensive systems, a radar is only one part of the puzzle. I can name dozens of features or sensors other than radar that play a pivotal role in any combat situation, so what makes you think that China has outdone both the Rafale and the Typhoon in avionics?

Both aircraft have RAM and composites, but they lack airframe upgrades like DSI or conformal bays. The Rafale currently uses a Thales RBE-2 PESA radar. An AESA is in development for 2012, but until it gets ready, the Rafale still uses PESA. Eurofighter's CAPTOR will be set for 2013. India selects their aircraft for their prices and availability, not just capability. For example, India rejected the MiG-35 not because of its capability, but its engine. Are you implying that the MiG-35 can not compete with Eurofighter or Rafale because India rejected it? The Super Hornet has a stealthy airframe (slanted vertical stabilizers, redesigned intakes) as well as an AESA radar already. And then there is the maneuverability. The Eurofighter and Rafale are not up to par with the Super Hornet in BVR combat. SPECTRA adds LPI to the radar, which is already achieved by an AESA radar or a stealthy airframe. Nanjing competing with Thales is a very real possibility. They revealed an AESA radar 3 years earlier than Thales. They built, according to an employee, the world's largest AESA radar to be installed on a 5th generation fighter. They are now testing a similar SPECTRA system. What evidence do you have that suggests they can't potentially compete?

What subsystems are you talking about?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Chinese guy, what part of do you not understand?

The summary was written by whoever delivered this report, not the word of the "insider." You can clearly conclude from the quoted conversation, that he offered no insight into this fighter-borne AESA. Understanding your own source is fundamental to any argument. Oh wait, your Chinese, so you have to source from enthusiast blogs, like this and Hawkeye.

That's because only a part of the interview was posted there.

Both aircraft have RAM and composites, but they lack airframe upgrades like DSI or conformal bays. The Rafale currently uses a Thales RBE-2 PESA radar. An AESA is in development for 2012, but until it gets ready, the Rafale still uses PESA. Eurofighter's CAPTOR will be set for 2013. India selects their aircraft for their prices and availability, not just capability. For example, India rejected the MiG-35 not because of its capability, but its engine. Are you implying that the MiG-35 can not compete with Eurofighter or Rafale because India rejected it? The Super Hornet has a stealthy airframe (slanted vertical stabilizers, redesigned intakes) as well as an AESA radar already. And then there is the maneuverability. The Eurofighter and Rafale are not up to par with the Super Hornet in BVR combat. SPECTRA adds LPI to the radar, which is already achieved by an AESA radar or a stealthy airframe. Nanjing competing with Thales is a very real possibility. They revealed an AESA radar 3 years earlier than Thales. They built, according to an employee, the world's largest AESA radar to be installed on a 5th generation fighter. They are now testing a similar SPECTRA system. What evidence do you have that suggests they can't potentially compete?

What subsystems are you talking about?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

That's because only a part of the interview was posted there.

HUH WTF??

Thales AESA RBE2 radar validated on Rafale - Thales Group

Thales Begins Rafale AESA Production | AVIATION WEEK

Dont compare day dreams and supposedly liners with Rafale..

Woah, don't forcefully wither away any remaining pity the West has for you Chinese. If it weren't for whites, the Japanese would've systematically slaughtered your ethnic group. Think again before insulting the country providing you with x10 of your average income in China. If it weren't for us, you'd be a bastard child with a Japanese father and a Chinese mother.
If it weren't for gunpowder, you know what. You are more retarded than I thought possible.

So after concluding that Sinosoldier's evidence was a petty summary by an ethusiast, you provide nothing but insult? That is why Chinese are tainting Canada's image. Think evidence, not Chinese, it might make a country of $5k- average income earners a little less poor.

But then again, it's better for you to just GO BACK TO CHINA.
LOL @ "enthusiast". I am not surprised that you would make that statement, considering your ignorance. No actually, pure stupidity is the better term. Huzhigeng is a member of CAC's flight control design team, and Wang Maobin is AESA project manager at 14th Institutet. It's like calling Stephen Harper "volunteering adminstrator".

Really, it's time for you to take the medication. I'd suggest getting a lobotomy too, and it might actually improve your intelligence.

If it weren't for gunpowder, you know what. You are more retarded than I thought possible.

LOL @ "enthusiast". I am not surprised that you would make that statement, considering your ignorance. No actually, pure stupidity is the better term. Huzhigeng is a member of CAC's flight control design team, and Wang Maobin is AESA project manager at 14th Institutet. It's like calling Stephen Harper "volunteering adminstrator".

Really, it's time for you to take the medication. I'd suggest getting a lobotomy too, and it might actually improve your intelligence.

Chinese dude, I just faulted Sinosoldier's evidence. If you could stop pulling facts from thin air or spreading CDF hearsay, please, link me to a credible source, supporting your claim.

And no, a Chinese does not have the right to delegitimize our white Prime Minister. You opinions are so ill-backed that they're better off censored in China.

Chinese dude, I just faulted Sinosoldier's evidence. If you could stop pulling facts from thin air or spreading CDF hearsay, please, link me to a credible source, supporting your claim.

And no, a Chinese does not have the right to delegitimize our white Prime Minister. You opinions are so ill-backed that they're better off censored in China.
Well there is no official source for the existence of J-20 or J-10B either. The H antenna described was seen plenty of times in photos. Oh look, there is nothing on the official product page of 14th Institute. That must mean China does not have any radar at all according to you right?

http://www.ccmetro.com/company/product.aspx?id=1287

Perhaps your "great" white race should stop using gunpowder, paper and compass then? You sad? Don't forget to take depression pills in case you get suicidal thoughts. Stop running away from the mental institution please. It scares the public.

The only thing you have faulted is your ability to understand that news articles don't post everything of hour long interviews.

yes 2-3 days to install the produced ones in airframes..

Then in that case all fighter aircraft would be able to enter service 2-3 days after first flight because that's how long it takes the paint to dry, right?

There's something called testing, evaluation, and integration.

Well there is no official source for the existence of J-20 or J-10B either. The H antenna described was seen plenty of times in photos. Oh look, there is nothing on the official product page of 14th Institute. That must mean China does not have any radar at all according to you right?

http://www.ccmetro.com/company/product.aspx?id=1287

Perhaps your "great" white race should stop using gunpowder, paper and compass then? You sad? Don't forget to take depression pills in case you get suicidal thoughts. Stop running away from the mental institution please. It scares the public.

Wait, so if my white race stops using paper and compass, will you stop using everthing else which is pretty much invented by whites? Because if it weren't for whites, your father would've been a Japanese slave and commit suicide after finding out that your mother was pregnant with a bastard child from a Japanese soldier. And of course, there won't be you breathing and polluting Canadian air.

Your product page is blank. Unless you're trying to prove your point that a Chinese fighter-borne AESA does not currently exist, you are just a Chinese crying for global significance in light of national destitution.

And your defective yellow race (google jointed babies) invented what's so called smokeless or yellow gunpowder. Its explosive energy does not even come close to the black gunpowder we used to force opium down your throat.

Then in that case all fighter aircraft would be able to enter service 2-3 days after first flight because that's how long it takes the paint to dry, right?

There's something called testing, evaluation, and integration.

Things you are mentioning are post installation. Installing a finished product should not take much time.

Back
Top Bottom