What's new

China is Planning to Purge Foreign Technology and Replace With Homegrown Suppliers

Can you please tell me what is wrong with the following charts?:cheesy:
Or are we seeing another load of BS from the indian troll?

india-current-account.png

Yes, it doesn't show the year 2004! :cheesy:

Exactly. India doesn't make anything.

Simply ignorant, or trolling?

Don't waste time with this guy.
Yeah, don't as I love every other nation than Pakistan, according to your genuis :D

He constantly criticizes Pakistan and anyone who supports Pakistan.
Sure do. I hate Pakistan because I was born here, brought up here and I am everything today because of my Pakistani nationality. Ever seen a better troll than me? :D

If you had written India great, Israel great, USA great, he would be clapping for you.
Applause for this new year's most valuable comment! :D

UMC’s China fab investment approved

CHIPMAKING:UMC’s investment in 40nm and 55nm process technologies in China will still be one generation behind its most advanced tech in Taiwan, an official said

By Lauly Li / Staff reporter

01/01/2015

The Investment Commission yesterday approved United Microelectronics Corp’s (UMC, 聯電) application to invest in a 12-inch wafer fabrication plant in China.

The nation’s No. 2 contract chipmaker plans to invest a total of US$1.35 billion in a three-way joint venture with the Xiamen City Government and Fujian Electronics & Information Group (福建電子信息集團) to manufacture advanced chips in China.

Commission spokesperson Chu Ping (朱萍) said the regulatory body approved UMC’s application to wire US$710.64 million — which includes US$260.64 million from HeJian Technology (Suzhou) Co (蘇州和艦科技) — to fund the investment over the next three years.

UMC gained an 86 percent majority share of HeJian in 2012.

Chu said the company would file another application to transfer the remainder of the US$1.35 billion.

Acting commission executive secretary Emile Chang (張銘斌) said it is the largest investment the regulator has approved in the past two years.

“Although UMC’s five-year investment in the 12-inch wafer fab conforms to the government’s regulations on China-bound investments, the commission still requested that the company meet several conditions,” Chang said.

The commission asked that UMC carry out research and development for 14-nanometer (nm) technology in the Southern Taiwan Science Park (南部科學工業園區) within the next three years, Chang said, adding that the chipmaker must also recruit 3,000 employees in Taiwan over that period.

It must also invest US$1.3 billion annually for capital expenditure in Taiwan, which is higher than its proposed investment in China, he said.

Chang added that the company should report on the progress of its China investment to the commission and the Ministry of Economic Affairs on a quarterly basis.

He said UMC had agreed to the terms proposed by the commission.

The Industrial Development Bureau said that China developing its semiconductor industry is positive for Taiwanese companies as it can help them expand their presence and secure their positions in the world’s largest semiconductor market.

The bureau said that UMC’s strategic investment would help it secure more orders from China and expand its production capacity.

Bureau Deputy Director-General Lien Ching-chang (連錦漳) said UMC’s proposed investment in 40nm and 55nm process technologies in China will be one generation less advanced than the company’s most advanced 28nm technology.

“There will be no risk of leaking technologies to China,” Lien said.

UMC shares gained 1.72 percent to close at NT$14.75 yesterday in Taipei trading. They rose 19.43 percent over the year, compared with the broader market’s 8.08 percent increase over the same period, Taiwan Stock Exchange data showed.

Jeez.......Taiwan sure is wayyyy ahead in semi conductor industry. Wow.

India has been facing chronic and massive CA deficits :cheesy:
what is there to brag about?

Re-posting from the last page for you:

Two pieces of information for you:

1. India's has a current account deficit because of the import bills of oil and gold, they are the biggest contributors.

2. In 2004 India had reported a current account surplus of about US$ 22 billion in the immediately preceding three years. Mind you, that was despite the doubling of average oil prices then. Now the party that left the office in 2004 is back in power. The trade deficit happened in last 10 years because of the stupid government policies of the previous government, and it will be corrected now.

Yeah, don't as I love every other nation than Pakistan, according to your genuis :D

Sure do. I hate Pakistan because I was born here, brought up here and I am everything today because of my Pakistani nationality. Ever seen a better troll than me? :D

Applause for this new year's most valuable comment! :D

I speak the truth.

The Chinese may not have the best technology in the world yet, but the game is won by those in the play, not those who sit on the sidelines and criticize.

I have immense respect for people who work hard to reach their goals.
I have equally immense contempt for losers who do nothing but sit and complain and criticize...

Re-posting from the last page for you:

Two pieces of information for you:

1. India's has a current account deficit because of the import bills of oil and gold, they are the biggest contributors.

2. In 2004 India had reported a current account surplus of about US$ 22 billion in the immediately preceding three years. Mind you, that was despite the doubling of average oil prices then. Now the party that left the office in 2004 is back in power. The trade deficit happened in last 10 years because of the stupid government policies of the previous government, and it will be corrected now.

US_Fed_assets_vs_SP500_vs_gold_2010_2014.jpg

11.11.14.Crudeoilinchart.jpg

Both oil and gold prices are on the decline esp in oil which is hitting record low and India's current account still facing a deficit of some $18 billion in 2014 8-)

India also has a fiscal deficit if I remember correctly

So at the end of the day India are in the reds, again :o:

I admire the hard-work of Chinese people, but seriously these people gotta learn to be civilised. Check out recent stampede accident at the heart of Chinese financial capital Shanghai. I wasn't expecting such uncivilised behaviour from a nation that's looking forward to become a superpower!

You are just hopeless
Stampedes are unfortunate occasions that is not happening every day (touch wood)!
That have nothing to do with the quality of our folks there in Shanghai
You can count just in India how many death causing stampedes are there!
Have you seen the scenes in America on Walmart or Thanksgiving discounts? 8-)

Jeez.......Taiwan sure is wayyyy ahead in semi conductor industry. Wow.

The Taiwanese pioritezes the Semiconductor fab industry since the 80s after outsourcing traditional industry like textiles, toys etc to China. They are making 25 µm chip (0.25 Micron Process).

China should start by exporting its state of the art native technology to other countries, if it really is better than the West and stop making such absurd claims. Chinese technology is nationalistic if it cannot be applied elsewhere. Sounds like Islamic or Hindu "science" to me :D

Just a little sampling of our technologies, in export mode :china:

SF's new 'made in China' bridge opens to rave reviews|Chen Jia|chinadaily.com.cn

Luxembourg lunar probe piggybacks aboard rocket|China|chinadaily.com.cn

China to supply cranes for Liverpool port expansion project - Chinabidding.com

Chinese rail partnership wins landmark Boston subway deal - Chinadaily.com.cn

Electric Cars In Los Angeles: Chinese Carmaker Byd Co. Setting Up Shop In LA - Topix

The Taiwanese pioritezes the Semiconductor fab industry since the 80s after outsourcing traditional industry like textiles, toys etc to China. They are making 25 µm chip (0.25 Micron Process).

I think Taiwan is better than 25nm
We are a bit behind but not that far::cheesy:
Report: SMIC enters 28nm market with its self-developed chips - OFweek News

US_Fed_assets_vs_SP500_vs_gold_2010_2014.jpg

11.11.14.Crudeoilinchart.jpg

Both oil and gold prices are on the decline esp in oil which is hitting record low and India's current account still facing a deficit of some $18 billion in 2014 8-)

India also has a fiscal deficit if I remember correctly

So at the end of the day India are in the reds, again :o:

Do you generally fail to follow the logical course of a conversation, or are you more interested in ranting? Just check our import bills for oil and gold and check out CA deficit, you have posted those data here, you should know.

And I repeat, we had a CA surplus in 2004, we will again reduce our CA deficit to zero, because the government that was responsible for those wrong policy decision has been voted out.

Do you generally fail to follow the logical course of a conversation, or are you more interested in ranting? Just check our import bills for oil and gold and check out CA deficit, you have posted those data here, you should know.

And I repeat, we had a CA surplus in 2004, we will again reduce our CA deficit to zero, because the government that was responsible for those wrong policy decision has been voted out.

you are just a nagging pain in logical arguments
you lack of the basic thinking and you're horrendous in basic economics
who cares about you small and short-lasted "surplus" way back in 2004 when you NOW have a chronic massive CA deficits that have been running for years

Just imagine you are using this tool 8-)

stock-vector-handheld-metal-bucket-for-sifting-soil-vector-illustration-137419268.jpg

to scoop flooding water out of a sinking tanker which has a big hole in its hull

Read these about incredible india:

Moody's: India's high fiscal deficits have exposed the economy to shocks and constrained the Baa3 sovereign rating

Fiscal deficit hits 99 pct of full-year target in November - Worldnews.com

do you know the significance there!

Last edited:
Only 1 generation ahead.
China SMIC has 28nm, where Taiwan and Korea is working on 16nm. The UMC technology planned in China is behind China SMIC.

Taiwan is on par with USA and Korea in of semiconductor technology.

And don't forget that both South Korea and Taiwan are merely the foundries for the US designed semiconductors, whereas China is making the R&D for its own semiconductors.

Expecting to see all major countries adopting similar policies with regard to Chinese products.

All communist countries are control-freaks, they might open up for some time, then the basic tendency gets back.
Was thinking, is this because the reverse engineering is complete?

Even then this is applaudable and worth emulating in India, on a limited scale. We don't want controls forced on the people - economics alone should guide the market.

Back
Top Bottom