What's new

China is cool, but bet on India

Good luck to our Indian friends, but I have to say China is a pretty formidable rival to go against.

only if the bet is the Indian population excceds China's I will bet on India```others nothing I can think of any fields within foreseeable time India can rival China ``

Good luck to India then.

If India's growth rate rockets ahead of China's due to its bold reforms then the Indian model of development is vindicated.
Maybe China could take a leaf out of India's book then. We'll see.

Good luck to India then.

If India's growth rate rockets ahead of China's due to its bold reforms then the Indian model of development is vindicated.
Maybe China could take a leaf out of India's book then. We'll see.

Yeah, IF it happens.

But so far, all that's happened is this:

Review & Outlook: India Fades - WSJ.com

It was only last summer that the Indian government forecast that the economy would grow at an annual rate of 9.0% to 9.5% for the next half-decade.

So it came as a shock Thursday when new data revealed the economy slowed to a 5.3% annual clip in the January-March quarter.

It was only last summer that the Indian Government was boasting about India being able to sustain a 9.5% growth rate for the next half-decade.

If you boast after you've achieved something, then fair enough. But all these guys are doing is boasting about something before it actually happened, and then failing to live up to it.

only if the bet is the Indian population excceds China's I will bet on India```others nothing I can think of any fields within foreseeable time India can rival China ``

That is certainly an ill-thought out bet. Indian population would soon overtake China, or more accurately, Indian below 65 population would soon overtake China.

Nobody knows what will happen in 2050. Nobody knows how the international politics will change its color then. Nobody knows how the demography will change in different parts of the world in 2050.So its pretty absurd to project a country's future in 2050. last thing India should want is to project itself in a place that China is enjoying today.Our challenges are different, our political system is world apart.

What we should do,in the present political and social system is to move slowly and patiently with a slab of 5 years and then set the goals for next five years.And an year by year report on the ongoing projects and its shortcomings, analysis of it in public debate.Just projecting ourselves in an absurd year is just a joke to me.

LOL, at a 4.9% growth rate, India will be lucky to even reach 10% of all their glorious "predictions" in the past few years, all based on the assumption of India's growth increasing to double-digits. :rofl:

Please calculate 7.5% of $7.3 trillion (China).

Then calculate 4.9% of $1.5 trillion (India).

What is the difference? :azn:

thats 7.5 trillion of a communist nation and 1.9 trillion of a democratic nation....hope you get the difference.

Back
Top Bottom