What's new

China Is Biggest Emerging Threat To Boeing And Airbus, Says Albaugh

most of indian airlines will not be interested to pour money on these yet to be tested planes than world wide known companies like Boeing or Airbus..

Stay way from cheap quality of Chinese product......

Thanks for your speech :shout:....no Indians is buying Chinese garbage stuff anyway....

Base on your statement and the enormous trade deficit India has with China, I will let you pick:

1. People who buy Chinese goods in India are automatically disqualified as Indians.

or

2. You're living in a fantasy world.

Hmm, I've been hearing stuff like this since China first tried copying Boeing airliners back in the seventies. Why does China think it can compete now when it has failed to do so for decades?[/QUOTE

A lot has changed since the 70's. The Chinese implemented a program that coincided with Nixon. With the thawing of relations, China sent 1000's of students to garner enough knowledge to come back to China and assist in its rise. The difference now and then? More money, more educated workers, more manufacturing capabilities, formidable hacking capabilities, etc.

Hmm, I've been hearing stuff like this since China first tried copying Boeing airliners back in the seventies. Why does China think it can compete now when it has failed to do so for decades?

Actually the earlier effort was considered succesul and by the end of 1970s China's prototype was pretty close to Boeing 707. However, after China-US relationship warmed up, MD directly set up a factory in China so then Chinese leadership decided to give up domestic effort. Later after 1989 the relationship turned south and MD was also absorbed by Boeing. So China virtually stopped the program for almost 30 years. A lot of Chinese are still bitter about this.

It is still too early to say that this is competitor to Boeing and Airbus in near future but at least a country like China should continue the effort. I think Russia-China coordination on big planes are on Putin's agenda of his current visit.

CCP just need to force all china related airlines to buy this plane. C919 will be a big winner...

China domestic airline market is the biggest in the world. C919 just need to capture domestic market and will be a big winner. Even Europe, USA and India market combine is smaller than china market. :lol:

CCP just need to force all china related airlines to buy this plane. C919 will be a big winner...

China domestic airline market is the biggest in the world. C919 just need to capture domestic market and will be a big winner. Even Europe, USA and India market combine is smaller than china market. :lol:

First of all, you can not do that since it will violate WTO terms. Secondly it is not econmically viable for these airlines since you need bigger planes for most routes. And thirdly protection like this may work for a while and in a long run it disencourage competition, not a good thing.

hey US is a capitalist economy, by definition capitalism encourages competition for better results. Adding another player in the field should only be beneficial for all, Boeing, Airbus, China & more than anything else, for the consumers.
The only problem would be, capitalism is best suited for free market economies, so the question arises how free of economic policies China can implement and/or sustain.

hey US is a capitalist economy, by definition capitalism encourages competition for better results. Adding another player in the field should only be beneficial for all, Boeing, Airbus, China & more than anything else, for the consumers.
The only problem would be, capitalism is best suited for free market economies, so the question arises how free of economic policies China can implement and/or sustain.

I believe that economy policy is something that once freed, it is impossible to go back. Both China and India are good example of this. You live in Shenzhen and do you think the policy can be reverted without violant opposition from Shenzhen citizens? From time to time there will be local trade protections but overall I don't think it can be worse than it is now. As to the sustainability, it is more about microeconomics instead of general policy I assume.

Come on Chinese boys... it's quite rare for Indians to accept and post about Chinese superiority. Say something nice things, at least... Can't you guys just ignore SinoChallenger? I mean, I used to troll bait, but after observing how every thread turns into the same IQ,intellectual property,GDP per capita trolls, it becomes boring.

At least don't start the troll, if the thread topic isn't one.

The artificial monstrosity called Airbus needs to die. The only reason it is alive is because of MASSIVE subsidies by the European governments so it could compete with Boeing.

The Chinese have the human and financial resources to compete in this field. It's only a matter of time.

I am actually pessimistic about China's civilian aviation capabilities. Too much of the components being used are still foreign made. We need the same kind of drive that helped build Y-10 to become globally competitive.

I believe that economy policy is something that once freed, it is impossible to go back. Both China and India are good example of this. You live in Shenzhen and do you think the policy can be reverted without violant opposition from Shenzhen citizens? From time to time there will be local trade protections but overall I don't think it can be worse than it is now. As to the sustainability, it is more about microeconomics instead of general policy I assume.

well, honestly not just in SZ, but overall in GD, I think the market is relatively free when compared to the rest of China, but whats lacks majorly is transparency in the economic system.

Given that, I understand what China might be planning, to first nurture and prepare the system before implementing certain reforms. Given that, unknown to the outside world, it actually is pretty common for villagers and locals to stage demonstrations when say, a certain private plant in their village is sold off or decommissioned, but I can not say to what extent the Chinese administration can accept such things should there be larger reforms which make such actions common in cities too. Like, SZ, Zhuhai, GZ are extremely vitant industrial and economic hubs so wide scale implementations here might not be best suited or accepted.

But overall, the business practice should be more oriented towards competition and growth rather than nationalistic sentiments, which I feel is more prevalent and hence does not actually provide for such a lucrative option in the long run as of now.

well, honestly not just in SZ, but overall in GD, I think the market is relatively free when compared to the rest of China, but whats lacks majorly is transparency in the economic system.

Given that, I understand what China might be planning, to first nurture and prepare the system before implementing certain reforms. Given that, unknown to the outside world, it actually is pretty common for villagers and locals to stage demonstrations when say, a certain private plant in their village is sold off or decommissioned, but I can not say to what extent the Chinese administration can accept such things should there be larger reforms which make such actions common in cities too. Like, SZ, Zhuhai, GZ are extremely vitant industrial and economic hubs so wide scale implementations here might not be best suited or accepted.

But overall, the business practice should be more oriented towards competition and growth rather than nationalistic sentiments, which I feel is more prevalent and hence does not actually provide for such a lucrative option in the long run as of now.

Fair assessment. I think the government is trying to boost economy growth, a lot of times with the cost of fairness and environmental impact. Now GD leads the way and local people ask for more fairness and regulation, that will certainly push business inland. Foxconn has already built factories in central China. In a long run, people get rich and ask for more, like it or not, government can not run against that. Hopefully by then China becomes developed country. I do agree with you that nationalism and protection will hurt business in a long run.

What's your general feeling of Chinese economy this year? Is there a significant slowdown in Shenzhen that you can feel of? Thanks.

This would revolutionize the civil aviation industry completely. For so many decades, Boeing and Airbus dominated the world with sidelines of Soviet carriers (Tupolevs, Yaks and Ilyushins).

With the emergence of Sukhoi from the ashes of Soviet Union as a regional carrier maker and China's emergence into short haul market, a lot of Asian countries would be interested in switching over when these aircraft meet their technical standards and began to evolve.

With Air Indus ordering Sukhoi's Superjet 100, I feel that PIA should be the launch export customer of C919. That way, Pakistan's civil aviation would be able to detach itself from western strategic control (every industry in the west that is export oriented, is strategic level).

Forget about Russia's Sukhoi Superjet 100, it's not at all reliable and check out this Superjet Indonesia disaster a few weeks ago. Not even to mention how many accidents have happened in the last 3 years from Russia territory and sky, some even unknown to outside world in Siberia.

Russia at least need 15 years to catch up the tech of US, EU and China for today.

Back
Top Bottom