What's new

China invades another Phil. Island.

Summary of the event:

1. Filipino purposely ground their "fishing" ship on the toll in a sneaky attempt to claim ownership (not the first time)

2. China maritime forces quickly dispatches to the area, surrounds the reefs and removes the 'grounded' Filipino ship

3. Philippines cry foul, calls it an "invasion" by China

4. Everyone laughs at the poor attempt by the Philippines.

Thank you for giving China more leverage in the South China Sea, Philippines, you da real MVP.

Hmm, here is my version of the summary:
1. U.S. -- Asian pivot, freedom of navigation
2. Vietnam -- China steals
3. India -- China back stabs
4. Japan -- Into the arms of the rising sun
5. Philippines -- We'll sue you!!!
5. China -- Boom! We take over another island

What a drama:azn: Carry on :coffee:

Last edited:
What a drama:azn: Carry on :cheers:

a literal , real life example 象棋 on the global stage.

14274677519376.jpg

a literal , real life example 象棋 on the global stage.

14274677519376.jpg
Similar and yet different. In chess both sides are equally equipped. The competition is purely between the minds. In the game of geopolitics, the balance of power is never equal. In such a game, the winners are those who understand what they can or cannot do and maximize their gains to their limits.

For example, Vietnam unfortunately failed to understand their limit in the 70's. They played a dangerous game amongst the giants and lost miserably. They were sacrificed first by China and then by the Soviet Union like a piece of pawn. The Philippines look like are about to repeat that feat again...

Similar and yet different. In chess both sides are equally equipped. The competition is purely between the minds. In the game of geopolitics, the balance of power is never equal. In such a game, the winners are those who understand what they can or cannot do and maximize their gains to their limits.

For example, Vietnam unfortunately failed to understand their limit in the 70's. They played a dangerous game amongst the giants and lost miserably. They were sacrificed first by China and then by the Soviet Union like a piece of pawn. The Philippines look like are about to repeat that feat.

The Viets, a former province of China, have historical understanding of the system, and stratagem here. The Philippines do not, unfortunate for Manila. Hopefully this should awaken them of the futility of the Washington-Manila MDT. It is better to abrogate the MDT and to reconstitute a new defense policy, a creative , realistic, one that will include a more beneficial relationship between Beijing and Manila.

I suppose the Filipinos should ask themselves this question: in the 2 thousand years of Chinese-Filipino relations -- did the Chinese ever subjegate the Philippines? Or launch a state-sponsored invasion of their archipelago? The Spanish, the English (for a time, actually in the 18th century), the Americans, and even Japan. But did China?

China --- had a role in influencing the Philippines positively through more docile and gentle processes through migration and civilizational doctrines.

You need to examine the anti-Sangley culture in the Philippines, my friend. This is not a native abstractist thought, but one that is of Colonial imposition , particularly Spanish (Peninsulare , Insulare) origin. In fact under the Spanish race laws of the time, the Indio (native Malay Filipino) and the Sangley (Chinese) were positioned in the lowest of the strata with the White Iberian (Spanish) at the top.

The Filipinos, unfortunately due to colonial mentality, have retained this insidious and self-hating system in perpetuity.

That is a very critical appraisal @kuge . An interesting point of conjecture.

From reading your past posts, are you a supporter of liberation theology?
i m not..the whole world is helpless & i m fully convinced no any amount of human systems is able to solve the current crisis.

Yes, as I said bad things happened. You can read it yourself here: Depopulation of Chagossians from the Chagos Archipelago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As somebody who is part Native American I have already given you my answer.

I don't need you to post me the wiki page about the Chagos, I already knew about it, hence I asked you all those questions.

So yeah, as "part Native American", you said "bad things happen". But what does the US think of its country's theft and illegal removal of the indigenous Chagossian peoples? Do you agree with your country's actions? Surely they're worse than that of a "squatter" right? :disagree:

Exactly Nihonjin san. Pakistan learnt from this the hard way and Japan is finally waking up. They will defend you, rhetorically at least, if your interests are in line with theirs (if not unilaterally). However, be prepared to fund them for so called protection or allow them to militarily occupy your lands. Inviting them in is easy, getting rid of them is the hard part.

As for Pakistan, they are continuously being back-stabbed by the United States, which violates their own airspace on daily basis with these drone strikes that ultimately maim and kill innocent people in the Northwest Corridor of Pakistan. This is the duplicity of the United States; 1) they will offer you financial aid, offer military aid, 2) with the same hand they will strike your own country and civilian population in an attempt to 'strike' terror targets -- yet without even any verification if whether or not those targets were suspected terrorists or not. In fact, the drone strikes by US and ISF in Pakistan have resulted in hundreds of innocent Pakistanis being killed in collateral damage.

I suppose one can understand Pakistan's preference for the Chinese in that China does not impose unilateral strikes on Pakistan, rather, helps her through pro-regional rehabilitative paradigms by building schools, health facilities, and economic plans on Pakistan's precarious northwestern regions of Paktunhwa (spelling?). China focuses on an inclusive economic growth strategy with Pakistan -- which is centered on the premise that economic development and increase in jobs will reduce the proclivity of disenfranchised youth and pockets into adopting radical ideology. And it has worked in so far as that Pakistan's own domestic anti-terror campaign, in conjunction with China's growth-oriented strategy in Pakistan have resulted in reduction in terror operations in Pakistan , as well as have led to rapid economic growth. Most importantly, it has led to the stability of the Pakistan-Kashgar zone.

Ultimately China is vested in the region because she shares a border with both Pakistan and Afghanistan. She does not have a 'luxury' of just 'high taling' it out of there like what most of the ISF has and enjoy.

Due to these geographical, cultural limitations and constraints , realities, leads to development of a dichotomous strategy on the Chinese' part. This is not necessarily bad , even tho it may not be in line with Western preference. Ultimately that's the difference. Chinese foreign policy is largly based on economic-and development-oriented, the West's (US&NATO) is largely based on highly securitized dialectic.

i m not..the whole world is helpless & i m fully convinced no any amount of human systems is able to solve the current crisis.

ah, do not despair,....

I don't need you to post me the wiki page about the Chagos, I already knew about it, hence I asked you all those questions.

So yeah, as "part Native American", you said "bad things happen". But what does the US think of its country's theft and illegal removal of the indigenous Chagossian peoples? Do you agree with your country's actions? Surely they're worse than that of a "squatter" right? :disagree:
Listen to these words from some of the true Native Americans:

"When the white man came, we had the land and they had the Bibles, now we have the Bibles and they have the land"
-Chief Dan George (1899-1981)

images

think positive.

;)

i think & m positive about the one who will come from above...
think about it...our mother earth is not productive enough to feed her populace. our best effort to abundance ratio is ~100:1 so to speak.
however that's insignificant compare to human's self-seeking interests.
Probably i should refrain from posting these stuff its a waste of time becoz history has been repeating itself & we are helpless to deal with it despite our so-called advanced civilizations.

i think & m positive about the one who will come from above...
think about it...our mother earth is not productive enough to feed her populace. our best effort to abundance ratio is ~100:1 so to speak.
however that's insignificant compare to human's self-seeking interests.
Probably i should refrain from posting these stuff its a waste of time becoz history has been repeating itself & we are helpless to deal with it despite our so-called advanced civilizations.

when the times are dire, the calm headed should speak loudly. i suggest and endorse you remain active here. besides, we also don't have that many malaysian posters. see you around.

Listen to these words from some of the true Native Americans:

"When the white man came, we had the land and they had the Bibles, now we have the Bibles and they have the land"
-Chief Dan George (1899-1981)

images

interesting!

when the times are dire, the calm headed should speak loudly. i suggest and endorse you remain active here. besides, we also don't have that many malaysian posters. see you around.

i have many bro & sis around the world inclu in the philippines & vietnam.
the current human weakness makes us against one anohter even among our respective kindreds of same race.
hence i rarely post on animosity subjects like this thread.
however i m more interested in tech development.

@Nihonjin1051
What do you think? Will JMSDF participates the joint exercise in the South China Sea with other 4 nations? I heard that the American even invite India to join this time. SCS will become so interesting.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom