What's new

China Indonesia Sign High-Speed Rail Deal Today

As far as i knew, usually there will be three kinds of villagers to get benefits from the railway building ...
1st lucky villagers will get their compensation for lost land and move to house in the city.
2nd lucky villagers will get jobs from the railway company to become local railway employees.
3rd villagers will take the train to find work in nearby cities.

Well I don't know but I suppose in the BOT agreement signed the government should take care of that.

There are many ways to address the land acquisition costs. I believe Indonesian planners would have chosen the best route in the first place, minimizing such costs, and bill it to the JV as a lump sum (or other methods agreed in advance). Actually the government may absorb such costs, taking into account of future land value appreciation hence increase in tax/revenue.

The JV is also a pseudo-real-estate-developer (stations, land along the rails), well it depends how it split duties with the government, the value is there.

What's eating up his arse?
lol ... he just worry the land expropriation conflict between local villagers and the railway company, sometimes there need local government to deal with such trouble even Indonesia Police.

After finish the land expropriation, the building can quickly end in three years ... or the project might delay. So my suggestion is BeiJing should ask promise from Indonesia government, if there will be some conflict like the land expropriation trouble, we need Indonesia Police go there to protect whole building finished on time.

lol ... he just worry the land expropriation conflict between local villagers and the railway company, sometimes there need local government to deal with such trouble even Indonesia Police.

After finish the land expropriation, the building can quickly end in three years ... or the project might delay. So my suggestion is BeiJing should ask promise from Indonesia government, if there will be some conflict like the land expropriation trouble, we need Indonesia Police go there to protect whole building continue on time.

i doubt there will be damaging riots happened as people knows and aware of the project. there will be some protest among the villagers (as usual in lots of countries), yet i seriously doubt it'll become a damaging riot as this is hardly a problematic project. the project will be supported by the people who awaits for the medium speed project. rest assured.

One solution is to ask Indonesia Police or Army to protect railway building, BeiJing can ask promise from Indonesia government for the deal.

Kidding right? Come on bro nothing G2G is needed here. Try open a shopping mall, it's by law that police has to cover it, let alone transport facilities.

i doubt there will be damaging riots happened as people knows and aware of the project. there will be some protest among the villagers (as usual in lots of countries), yet i seriously doubt it'll become a damaging riot as this is hardly a problematic project. the project will be supported by the people who awaits for the medium speed project. rest assured.
That's good ! Without land expropriation trouble in local villages, im sure the project can be finished in three years by Sino-Indonesia railway company ... even in China the big problem for the building project, it's the land expropriation conflict some can prevent building for years, have to ask local government + police to deal with it.

Exactly!

Congratulations to our Indonesian brothers :tup: I also dream for a high speed rail in the Philippines. :D

I'm happy for the inhabitants from the area and tourists who will be able to enjoy better infrastructure in the future. Cooperation with China testifies to pragmatism and a wise foreign policy as we see in the concluded HSR deal. I hope the next Philippine President realises this as well without getting tangled up in the SCS disputes.

hey you fucking pigs, you should mind yourself ****

No need to waste time arguing with some deluded KMT sympathiser.

That guy you are talking to is a KMT supporting clown, he just opposes anything that China does out of principle.

I think Chinese members need to aware that it is normal for protest to happen in Indonesia every single day. Once had one fellow instigated a strike fired for a silly reason. He brought his family and camp outside the office for months. Also land dispute happen frequently, and the distrust government for any settlement is because of the rampant corruption.

Warm congrats to both Indonesia and China on their recent accord. Whatever is best for Indonesia, it is best also for Japan.

Thanks!

Competition between corporations is central to any free market. Wish healthy competition between different rail tech providers regardless of their nationalities will propel the whole HSR industry forward!

And you are absolutely right, growth of Indonesia as a whole is not just benefiting her own citizens but also trade/investment partners like Japan & China, let all continue to progress!

Warm congrats to both Indonesia and China on their recent accord. Whatever is best for Indonesia, it is best also for Japan.

Thanks

Oya, Are you a friend of @Nihonjin1051 in real life mate....? I saw your introduction that you are also a Phd student ( just like him)

I think Chinese members need to aware that it is normal for protest to happen in Indonesia every single day. Once had one fellow instigated a strike fired for a silly reason. He brought his family and camp outside the office for months. Also land dispute happen frequently, and the distrust government for any settlement is because of the rampant corruption.

Exactly. Land acquisition is part of the business, it will be taken care of by all reasonable means.

China can make Jakarta railway model of win-win

BEIJING, Oct. 16 (Xinhua) -- A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson on Friday congratulated Chinese and Indonesian consortia on a joint venture for a high-speed railway link between Jakarta and West Java provincial capital Bandung.

The deal was signed by Chairman of PT Pillar Sinergi BUMN Indonesia Sahala Lumban Gaol and Yang Zhongmin, chairman of China Railway Co. Ltd. on Friday.

The Indonesian side will control 60 percent of the joint venture.

"China has won the Jakarta high-speed railway contract with sincerity and strength," said Chinese Ambassador to Indonesia Xie Feng.

China and Indonesia are good neighbors, friends and partners, said spokesperson Hua Chunying at a routine press briefing. China is confident that working with Indonesia will make the project a success and a model of win-win cooperation.

Speaking at the signing ceremony, Xie said the high-speed rail link would be China's largest overseas project in terms of investment and will be executed entirely with Chinese technology.

China can make Jakarta railway model of win-win
- Xinhua | English.news.cn

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom