What's new

China Indonesia Sign High-Speed Rail Deal Today

Troublesome deal, don't know how they can complete the contract within 3 years!!!

Sounds like a bum deal for China.

Equity at book value (both) + Export credit / Debt at market price (China).
Fair for everyone.
As usual, negotiation should be price(s) of proprietary resource(s) from both into JV.

Troublesome deal, don't know how they can complete the contract within 3 years!!!
Only 150 km, like from Shangai to Hangzhou, small project.

But the construction is not taking places in China. Who know there what those wild villagers will do against the building?
Subcontract to whoever can get the jobs done, with PG (performance guarantee) to hedge the risk.

quite the contrary, this is only the beginning of possible Jakarta-Surabaya project in the future. that is why China pushed itself to win the bid. big win for china, sour grapes for Japan as they apparently extremely hoping to win the bid. China winning in a "supposedly Ultra-Pro-Japan country" (as the Japanese believed to be) is alone is a great sign..

Subcontract to whoever can get works done, with PG (performance guarantee) to hedge the risk.

such risk does not exist. otherwise the suramadu bridge built by China will never be realized.

quite the contrary, this is only the beginning of possible Jakarta-Surabaya project in the future. that is why China pushed itself to win the bid. big win for china, sour grapes for Japan as they apparently extremely hoping to win the bid.
I am referring to this signed portion i.e. Jakarta-Bandung which is 150 km, not big so 3 years shouldn't be a problem. I believe the JV in advantageous position to secure new deals as I have mentioned in previous post. The market potential is indeed big as you said!

such risk does not exist. otherwise the suramadu bridge built by China will never be realized.

I know bro, the JV is has an agreement (e.g. BOT) with the government and I'm sure the government has relevant obligations. I mean the PG, a normal term, used on managing subcontractors for say on-time delivery, quality, etc.

Subcontract to whoever can get the jobs done, with PG (performance guarantee) to hedge the risk.

You are too over optimistic about situation of that country. See? This week , there broke out another riots, thousands of villagers escaped for shield.

You are too over optimistic about situation of that country.
Calm down bro, I am neither over-optimistic nor pessimistic, just pragmatic, business is business. I believe the professionals have done in-depth DD (Due-diligence) in all possible aspects from market, urban/transport planning, geological, technical, climate, political, tax, currency, legal, etc., from day one. Let the pros handle it, and let them deliver the results.

See? This week , there broke out another riots, thousands of villagers escaped for shield.
There is? Anyway it doesn't matter, just like severe weather, labour dispute, unexpected PR crisis, etc. Allow for contingencies in project planning, do proper insurance plan, all very normal in business management.

Last edited:
But the construction is not taking places in China. Who know there what those wild villagers will do against the building?
As far as i knew, usually there will be three kinds of villagers to get benefits from the railway building ...
1st lucky villagers will get their compensation for lost land and move to house in the city.
2nd lucky villagers will get jobs from the railway company to become local railway employees.
3rd villagers will take the train to find work in nearby cities.

Last edited:
As far as i knew, usually there will be three kinds of villagers ...
1st lucky villagers will get their compensation for lost land and move to house in the city.
2nd lucky villagers will get jobs from the railway company to become local railway employees.
3rd villagers will take the train go to work in nearby cities.

As far as i knew, usually there will be three kinds of villagers ...
3rd villagers will take the train to find work in nearby cities.

I don't know what are you talking about?
联合早报网 - 用户登录
29712308.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom