What's new

China, India launch 2nd joint medical mission in Beijing

Brotherhood

Reaction score
China, India launch 2nd joint medical mission in Beijing - People's Daily OnlineAugust 18, 2010

China and India established a joint medical team here on Tuesday, the second of its kind since 2008.

The team, consisting of five ENT (ear-nose-throat) doctors from China and five from India, will carry out exchanges on medical care in both countries and offer free medical services in rural areas this year.

The team will on Wednesday start a weeklong visit in north China's Hebei province, where the renown Indian Doctor Dwarkanath Kotnis used to work during China's eight-year war of resistance against Japanese aggression.

Kotnis, who came in 1938 to China as a member of an Indian medical aid team, is well-remembered in China for his selflessness and untiring support of the Chinese people. He died of illness in China in 1942 at the age of 32.

The five Chinese members are scheduled to visit to India this December.

The two countries set up the first medical mission amid Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's visit to China in 2008.

Source: Xinhua

Nice initiative, nice gesture.. wish the goodwill stays forever :cheers:

flag_india.gif
:china:

Wish we extend similar support in other areas such as education, engineering etc..

Way to go, India and China should have more and more collabrations. We should develop this relationship the same way we did with USA. Advantages we all know.

The reason i post this thread is that i never knew about Indian doctors been helping us during our worst time(eight years war against Japanese), never underestimate such good gesture, it change mindset of people like me, and i really appreciate that.:tup:
Hopefully more of this kind of cooperation news coming up other than some media hyper provoking news. :cheers:

It would be good if this team can visit the areas affected by the landslides and floods in China.

I wish they do more of this in India too....

But nice initiative .... :yahoo::yahoo::bounce:

Great news. Always happy to see positivie co-operation between India & China. Hope we can extend this to other areas as well

Brothers, this is not the first time we have collaborated or co-operated. There are ancient texts in both countries detailing co-operation. If u remember, parts of the silk-road ran through India. It shows that our ancestors co-operated and exchanged knowledge for thousands of years, and co-existed peacefully.

Both nations have a rich cultural past and heritage. Indians and Chinese abroad get along well, showing that we have no resentment towards each other at a grassroots level. We are both rising powers. We have nothing to gain from conflict, and everything to gain from co-operation. While there will be some distrust and issues to be solved, i am happy about the progress made, and hopeful of the future.

:cheers:

Very good news. :cheers:

The USA has always wanted to make sure that China and India become enemies... in order to "contain" both of us.

But we are smarter than that. :lol: Cooperation is the future.

Dr. 柯棣华(mentioned aboved is Dwarkanath Kotnis )is wellknown to Chinese just behind Dr. Norman Bethune.

I remember my parents dragging me to go see his house. lol

But seriously though I saw a BBC piece on Indian hospitals that specializes in surgery. They use an economy of scale and specialization to cut cost to a fraction of western hospitals and maintain the same safety rate. Best of all they are profitable enough to do pro bono surgery for the needy. I think the hospital is in bangalore... not sure.

That would have been a very good gesture. They have a nice initiative for other citizens. I wish the goodwill stays forever and let's keep it up and not fall into the western trap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom